Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVE Madness Augmenting

Azriell
01.20.2013 , 07:44 PM | #1
Okay, so I have a question on current stat weights for sin madness, and I haven't been able to find a straight answer for the current gear level. So far this is what I've gathered:

Acc to ~98% ( think its around 240 rating)
Crit around 300 rating
Surge 360
then power everywhere else you can take it

My first question is on augments. On my sniper, it's a no brainer since you spec for a 9% boost in mainstat, you go full cunning augs:

(((14*18)*1.14[inq buff and spec])*0.20)*1.05[war pow buff]) = 60.3288 bonus damage plus how ever much extra crit you get from your mainstat vs

((14*18)*0.23)*1.05[war pow buff]) = 60.858 bonus damage with no extra MS crit

However with assassin you don't have any fancy mainstat bonus within your spec, so it becomes

(((14*18)*1.05[inq buff])*0.20)*1.05[war pow buff]) = 55.566 bonus damage plus how ever much extra crit you get from your mainstat.

and thus less clear for me to consider. How are you guys augmenting? Are you taking the 5.292 bonus damage loss for the extra crit on a different DR curve than crit rating or are you going full power augments? Second part is more to ask your opinion on the stat weights I've posted above (more/less acc, crit rating, surge). I'm just trying to get a good idea of how to plan out my gear given that I'm working from optimized 61 to BIS currently and don't want to waste precious stabilizers and credits on gearing sub-optimally. Thank you in advance!

Mitsugoya
01.21.2013 , 06:03 AM | #2
definitly take Will augment.

The only case where power augment better than main stat power is where you don't want any crit, because if you go with full main stat augment, the 1,5% crit you get allow you to switch one crit mod/enh from your stuff with one power mod and then you can see that you have more Bonus Damage for very nearly the same crit.

Look this AMR profile, the gear tab is full main stat augment, the wish list tab full power augment :
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...b-bb9e3e3a2325

will augment = 992,2 BD & 40,2% force crit
power augment = 986,8 BD & 40,1% force crit

Most people who thinks power augment are better just compare BD without take into consideration the crit loss we need to compensate.

Hope i've helped you

ps: sorry for my bad english, it's not my primary language