Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who's Hurting Me? Big Hitters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Who's Hurting Me? Big Hitters

wwkingms
01.20.2013 , 10:26 PM | #11
yea well thats because sorcs wear heavy ar... wait

well sorcs, they have alot of surviva...... wait

.. its cause sorcs dots are whats so powerful.. wait....

yea idk *** bw was thinking nvm

but yea, this runs about the same logic that has Warriors, assasins, and snipers being the only classes with an EXECUTE ability.. and yet.. they have the highest hitting abilities in the game already?
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Khalhazar
01.20.2013 , 10:43 PM | #12
What kind of scoundrel are you? I am asking because, smash being AE, you may not have been the primary target of the attack much of the time. If you're not a marked primary target, you may be missing out on some hard hits by virtue of them being single-target only.

That said, I'm a fairly experienced jugg tank and I decided to try out the smash dps for laughs over the weekend and what I saw was quite impressive (especially since for a minor damage reduction, I _could_ have run in Soresu and guarded a healer.) So I am... not disagreeing with you.
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 12:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_Past View Post
If you got hit by dispatch for 5k, then you should have been hit by Takedown or Assassinate for 5k as well. Especially Assassinate (hits significantly harder than dispatch). Also, if anyone still played watchman, merc slash definitely can hit for more than 5k. Deception shock and discharge can get over 5k too. There's a few others too, but this is just an example.
idk about that

at 1300 expertise ive been dispatched for 5.9k

the smash/force sweep tree has some dmg buffs to it.. i know for sure ive been vicious thrown harder than assasinated.. probably because the frequency is more

lets not forget juggs can do this at medium ranged as well opposed to melee range for assasinate

regardless i feel executes have no place in swtor pvp atm with the current balance
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Diplomaticus
01.21.2013 , 01:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Khalhazar View Post
What kind of scoundrel are you? I am asking because, smash being AE, you may not have been the primary target of the attack much of the time. If you're not a marked primary target, you may be missing out on some hard hits by virtue of them being single-target only.

That said, I'm a fairly experienced jugg tank and I decided to try out the smash dps for laughs over the weekend and what I saw was quite impressive (especially since for a minor damage reduction, I _could_ have run in Soresu and guarded a healer.) So I am... not disagreeing with you.
I agree, both on the fact that this twists the numbers somewhat, and on the fact that it's still OP.

AdmiralOnasi
01.21.2013 , 01:51 AM | #15
I'm saving this thread for when people try to say that Sorc/Sage and Scoundrel/Operative DPS is fine.

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 01:54 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralOnasi View Post
I'm saving this thread for when people try to say that Sorc/Sage and Scoundrel/Operative DPS is fine.
i guess i only have myself to blame when i force storm for 16 minutes straight and make 700k dmg done

hitting everyone in a circle for 400 dmg a tick is quite awe insipiring
NIHIL

THE BASTION

NoTomorrow
01.21.2013 , 02:29 AM | #17
i think you've had it easy with snipers as well. On a bad day you can eat 5k Follotrhroughs, Takedowns as well. Anything dispatch/vicious throw can do, Takedown can do better.

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralOnasi View Post
Sorc madness is fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

-Holmes
01.21.2013 , 02:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
i guess i only have myself to blame when i force storm for 16 minutes straight and make 700k dmg done

hitting everyone in a circle for 400 dmg a tick is quite awe insipiring
Can you take out a geared healer with your 400 ticks?

fungihoujo
01.21.2013 , 02:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
88.5% of hits over 5k were either Smash or Force Sweep.
And it auto crits... and it's aoe.

This is the data that'll be showing up in the metrics too- yet, nothing's being done.

When 9 in 10 times you're hit for more than 5k damage it's from smash- you have a problem with class balance. I like how some classes didn't even show up on that list, though I'm not surprised.

Makes sense that the most survivable and mobile class in the game also hits the hardest.

wwkingms
01.21.2013 , 02:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
And it auto crits... and it's aoe.

This is the data that'll be showing up in the metrics too- yet, nothing's being done.

When 9 in 10 times you're hit for more than 5k damage it's from smash- you have a problem with class balance. I like how some classes didn't even show up on that list, though I'm not surprised.

Makes sense that the most survivable and mobile class in the game also hits the hardest.
hey or the least survivability hits the least hardest!
NIHIL

THE BASTION