Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Full Elite War Hero.. Deception sucks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Assassin
Full Elite War Hero.. Deception sucks

Evolixe
01.24.2013 , 11:46 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Why are you such a debbie downer when it comes to madness.
Because it is a horrible tree to get any more than17 points in.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

cycao
01.24.2013 , 11:51 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Well to each their own.

THEFERRARICARGUY
01.24.2013 , 11:51 AM | #43
No it's not.. it's just squishy. Madness does sick dps and has good burst (back-loaded) but it's just squishy. But then that just motivates you to play smartly and not die.

cycao
01.24.2013 , 11:55 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by THEFERRARICARGUY View Post
No it's not.. it's just squishy. Madness does sick dps and has good burst (back-loaded) but it's just squishy. But then that just motivates you to play smartly and not die.
Its a lost cause. Its not wonder so few people play the spec.

Evolixe
01.24.2013 , 01:35 PM | #45
Does good damage how? All you do is pad meters, you don't actually kill anything without burst.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

cycao
01.24.2013 , 02:05 PM | #46
Does good damage how? All you do is pad meters, you don't actually kill anything without burst.
Just how much experience do you have with madness? I honestly used to think it sucked after only trying it here and there but it is now my go to spec for regs. Loads of potential and unless you never play it or are just bad at it you wont get what the spec has to offer.

Zunayson
01.24.2013 , 03:33 PM | #47
Madness? Who the hell even plays that?

Darkness.

Oh, and you do know only Blackout-Dark Embrace actually reduces damage, and not regulary Dark Embrace?
From Torhead: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200.2

"Exiting stealth mode now finishes the cooldown of Blackout, and Blackout can now be used out of stealth mode, granting 6 seconds of Dark Embrace and restoring 10 Force. While Dark Embrace is active, all damage taken is reduced by 25%. In addition, Force Cloak now longer reduces healing done and received."

Sounds to me like all dark embrace applies the DR. I checked, neither stealth nor 6 seconds out of stealth nor blackout dark embrace has the DR show up on the character sheet.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Dierdrea
01.24.2013 , 04:07 PM | #48
I don't define back-loaded dps as "burst"...since it requires you to stay alive that much longer and gives them that much more survival time to recover and for someone to top them off. Merc dps has super good burst but it is also back loaded ....and the precise reason it sucks is because it is so backloaded so the other side can deal with it more readily.

There is just no way we can all agree on everything so can we just all agree that madness is not the best recommended spec to run for rateds. And that the deception tree doesn't suck lol.

In other news, a full sin tank in tanking gear is painful to kill with a deception spec , especially if they keep parrying low slash: discuss

THEFERRARICARGUY
01.24.2013 , 04:46 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Dierdrea View Post
I don't define back-loaded dps as "burst"...since it requires you to stay alive that much longer and gives them that much more survival time to recover and for someone to top them off. Merc dps has super good burst but it is also back loaded ....and the precise reason it sucks is because it is so backloaded so the other side can deal with it more readily.

There is just no way we can all agree on everything so can we just all agree that madness is not the best recommended spec to run for rateds. And that the deception tree doesn't suck lol.

In other news, a full sin tank in tanking gear is painful to kill with a deception spec , especially if they keep parrying low slash: discuss
I killed 2 sintanks in a 2v1 just now, and no I didn't have low slash parried they died fast. very fast. and they both backpeddal + force speeded to try and escape me...

Xienive
01.24.2013 , 04:49 PM | #50
Eh no. You need Voltaic Slash.

And madness is just plain bad. Who the hell wants sustained damage for pvp? You want to kill, not to make them laugh to death.
Not one single Deception player needs VS, picking it up is just a waste.

By picking up death field instead you gain an extra big hitting area attack with a 30m range and with the extra point you get 25% extra crit bonus damage to thrash. Not to mention you are much less predictable, and having death field helps a lot to interupt caps and being able to kite. By getting VS you get...30% shock increase

I have played this spec since launch and I don't even know how you can defend VS besides liking the animation. You have either not tried the hybrid or you are just being stubborn and purist.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...