Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which class requires the most micromanagement?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which class requires the most micromanagement?

Perfectcircle
12.20.2011 , 10:51 AM | #1
Which class from you're experience (i'm looking at you beta testers) seems to be the most micro intensive. The class that seems to take alot of knowledge of the keyboard. Not the class that just sits there and spams a few keys, i want to be busy, I want to be stressed out.

and.. i already did a search so sorry if someone commented on this already.

Skuldar
12.21.2011 , 08:06 AM | #2
Generally, the classes with tiered resource regeneration take more micromanagement; you have to avoid depleting too much of the resource or the regen will slow down and lower your overall effectiveness. That's pretty much the non-force classes. Among those, the non-melee also tend to be less straight-forward. Certainly one of the most challenging, for example, would be a Bounty Hunter Mercenary healer, juggling the heals with the heat venting while tossing in DPS where you can afford it.

That's based on what I've read and heard. I'll let others chime in that have more extensive experience.

Najesus
12.21.2011 , 08:21 AM | #3
In my opinion, DPS wise its either the Sith Sorcerer or the Imperial Agent and here's why -
The IA has the cover system which requires complete attention between going in and out of cover to use certain skills and manage the need to heal against the need to DPS.

The Sith Sorcerer has a warlock style of gameplay, you need to manage your power pool in a very specific way to avoid getting into the state of 'oof' (out of force) because unlike the bounty hunter, you have no way of replenish force via skills, unlike the vent heat skill of the bounty hunter, combine that with utilizing the madness tree with throwing DoTs at everything that moves, I believe the Sorcerer has a very large need for micromanagement

Bollah
12.21.2011 , 08:40 AM | #4
Scoundrels/Operatives require constant management. I haven't played the Knight/Warrior specs much so I am not sure compared to those but as a Scoundrel you have to manage upper hand procs for many main abilities and have to manage energy, constantly.

TarristerWelm
12.21.2011 , 08:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post
Scoundrels/Operatives require constant management. I haven't played the Knight/Warrior specs much so I am not sure compared to those but as a Scoundrel you have to manage upper hand procs for many main abilities and have to manage energy, constantly.
I've played most of the classes, except for inquis/sage, and I've found that the smuggler/agent requires more micromanaging. Like the poster said above me, managing procs of upperhand for a chunk of your main hitting/healing abilities, and a tiered energy system require a bit of micro'ing.
Tyran of Havoc Squad, "Why don't you swallow a grenade and do us all a favor."

Haasth
12.21.2011 , 09:40 AM | #6
Little hard to judge, at first I thought a Smuggler would require much more micromanagement than a Trooper. And now that I am maining a Trooper, I disagree.

I do think the energy/ammo/heat resource system requires more micromanagement than Force does however. I do like that almost every advanced class gains resource (Upper hand, combat support charges, etc)

ForceCowboy
12.21.2011 , 10:52 AM | #7
I've only played two classes so far and I saw a distinct difference between the two in levels of diffculty. The Sentinel was very light on utility and his abilities were pretty straightforward. The Shadow has more abilities than I could possibly keymap even though I use a G13 and Razer Naga.

Maybe other classes are more intensive than the Shadow, but I was quite blown away at exactly how much I had to keep up with at once on this character.

-Yui-
12.21.2011 , 12:07 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Forcecowboy View Post
I've only played two classes so far and I saw a distinct difference between the two in levels of diffculty. The Sentinel was very light on utility and his abilities were pretty straightforward. The Shadow has more abilities than I could possibly keymap even though I use a G13 and Razer Naga.

Maybe other classes are more intensive than the Shadow, but I was quite blown away at exactly how much I had to keep up with at once on this character.
You probably haven't played the sentinel to a very high level then. By the time you're in your thirties, you're going to be using all the buttons on both bottom bars regularly, along with a few lesser used abilities on the side bars. While I haven't played the smuggler/agent yet, I have seen my friends play a few other classes, and they're a cakewalk compared with the sentinel.

Froteus
12.21.2011 , 01:00 PM | #9
As soon as we get waterfall macroes then the sentinel and guardian will be faceroll easy.
Not so much for smuggler and trooper.

Chomag
12.21.2011 , 01:05 PM | #10
Jedi knights require the most micro. They have a metric ton of keys and reactives even for basic dps rotations.

Ofcourse we can say this until macros are introduced. Depending on macros and if they are useless blizzardian style or very nice riftian style, we can talk again later.
Hard mode: Play Republic
Nightmare mode: Play Republic on a pvp server
Are you man enough for the challenge ? Aunt Satele wants YOU.
Republic. No kids allowed.