Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

funkiestj
01.22.2013 , 05:42 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by iamef View Post
So many people on these boards complain about match making in lvl 50 WZs, even though most essentially agree the system is somewhat broken.
TANGENT: I know I'm repeating like a broken record every time I bring it up but, until BW says "yeah we know there are too many curb-stomps and not enough close matches, we're working on it" I feel I have to represent this view point for the same reason politicians bombard you with the same political advert over and over -- repetition of message wins mind share.

If only 1 message in 500 mentions match scheduling while 80 mention class imbalance I'm afraid BW will ignore the biggest problems holding PvP improvements back (match scheduling, improvements to allow season 1 RWZ).

---

Yes, it is disappointing (yet not surprising) that some folks always sink to the level of name calling.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

onstorm
01.22.2013 , 07:54 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
logic and common sense are not wanted here
Or perhaps it is simply that I have no desire to socialize with a group. Seriously look at the posts here, and ask yourself logically why anyone would want to subject themselves to having to listen and put up with socializing with these types of people for more than a few minutes.

I understand this is an MMO but it also gives me the ability to ignore people, and I get my socialization outside of this game with people I actually enjoy.

Why should I be forced to join a guild, group or anything of the sort just to play the game and even remotely stand a chance of being successful? I am not demanding or even asking for this game to geared to fit ONLY my preference of playing style. Read my post as my main point was the game might be a tad more enjoyable if EA put a little effort into trying to balance out the teams (by make up of the classes) as it seems now it is just smash or be smashed, neither of which I find to be that enjoyable.

cashogy
01.22.2013 , 07:58 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthOvertone View Post
I was totally going to win that WZ, but then I took a premade to the knee...
well played sir, well played

madtycoon
01.22.2013 , 08:17 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkjolith View Post
Dear Bioware,

I tried SWTOR on Dec 2012 and enjoyed your storylines and PVE content that I decided to subscribe. I got my first Level 50 and started new alts. On PVE Content I have found your game mostly balanced and fun.

I started PVPing and it's just not fair. How does a new player compete with pre-made teams that are far better geared. They are so vastly superiorly geared that it's not worth PVPing as a new player. The warzones I enter is just one sided. The new player is dead within 3 to 5 seconds, this is not fun.

Please address this issue, why would any of your new players that have just subscribed want to renew when they are just killed over and over. There must be some sort of rating system you can implement , giving gear a number and the sum of over all gear is somewhat equal to the two teams facing against each other.
There's no way they could ever match players with similar gear/roles for warzones. There just isn't the playerbase, even if they would add cross server queues. Wow doesn't even do that. I think the problem is the lack of PvP content. There are really only 2 options if a geared player or guild wants to pvp. They can do ranked (requires healers, tanks and dps to be online) or they can queue normals.

Normal warzones are always going to be one sided. Like maybe 1 out of 50 are not one sided before the gates open. I don't even think premades lead to this. The game is so zerg/heavy damage friendly that if you don't have the right class mix/gear, good luck getting a balanced game.

V-Serp
01.22.2013 , 10:20 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by onstorm View Post
Or perhaps it is simply that I have no desire to socialize with a group. Seriously look at the posts here, and ask yourself logically why anyone would want to subject themselves to having to listen and put up with socializing with these types of people for more than a few minutes.

I understand this is an MMO but it also gives me the ability to ignore people, and I get my socialization outside of this game with people I actually enjoy.

Why should I be forced to join a guild, group or anything of the sort just to play the game and even remotely stand a chance of being successful? I am not demanding or even asking for this game to geared to fit ONLY my preference of playing style. Read my post as my main point was the game might be a tad more enjoyable if EA put a little effort into trying to balance out the teams (by make up of the classes) as it seems now it is just smash or be smashed, neither of which I find to be that enjoyable.
I actually got a permanent 5 point infraction and a ban for stating what you just stated. I think you'll probably get that too soon, you can laugh at the wording in your infraction message. It's really pretty funny. They then threaten you with a perma-ban too.

The people that are making these decisions are inept from the top down, at every level. They seriously think that the current way they are doing things is the best way. They won't change.

I honestly wish they'd just remove instanced PVP altogether. I would rather have open world stuff instead, like with the Rhakghoul event which was more fun that dopey warzones anyway. It's unfortunate this lame game can't actually handle multiple people on the screen at once, and struggles even with 8v8. In beta there was a time where there was 12v12, I personally thought those were the best matches especially in the node map like Alderaan. At that time there was only Alderaan and Huttball, maybe VS got added during 12v12 but I don't think it was.

I still can't believe we can't pick our WZ. The only WZ I would ever queue up for if given the choice is huttball. The rest of these wzs are completely worthless.