Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 10:22 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
I don't need to try again. When someone writes like you it's obvious a lie.

There is no such thing as a "business on the side" that is code for being unemployed.

Saying "a freaking dog" is code for no family or friends.

I am in the solid 6 figure income bracket, I know full well I'm funding most of you people on welfare in this thread.

We're happy for ya! For someone making 6 figures, you sure do got some issues....
Thanks for paying for my cell phone and my reefer...
LOL....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 10:29 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
Every post you make I wonder if you can say something even more ridiculous. Thanks for not dissapointing me.

Yup... maybe Jedi Master Troller McEpeen.

iamef
01.21.2013 , 11:05 AM | #43
Why do all these threads degenerate into personal attacks? So many people on these boards complain about match making in lvl 50 WZs, even though most essentially agree the system is somewhat broken.

In PvE, you can queue and select the level of opponent you want to face. You don't get NM EC or HM Esseles by random chance. However that is basically the experience you have a solo pugger or a casual pre made, you might face another pug, or a pug with a group of 4 players in fully aug'd and min/maxed WH gear with the best pieces from the EWH crap (and, there IS a huge difference between that gear and someone half recruit/half war hero) thrown in for good measure. In addition, if you show up in an Ops group with some fool wearing lvl 47 greens, you can initiate a vote to kick the player, but your only option to deal with that fool (or fools in too many cases) in a WZ is to leave yourself. I think there should be an option for more casual players, or at least a solid match making system that doesn't put a pug in a match they really, truly have no chance of winning, even if they do play reasonably well.

People have an expectation to group up with guild mates and play in a coordinated fashion of course, and there is nothing wrong with that. But more casual players should also have the option to be able to avoid having 1 out of 3 or 4 WZs be a face stomping blood bath as well.
--- Er'nesto / Er'nestoo / Nestero / Ėrnesto ---

WOOK -- The Shadowlands

beyondkilling
01.21.2013 , 11:10 AM | #44
Stop crying about being under geared its like this in every mmo earn your gear or ****.

L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 11:30 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by iamef View Post
Why do all these threads degenerate into personal attacks?
Because it is the automatic fall back position of babies, that think they are unique in some form or fashion.

So many people on these boards complain about match making in lvl 50 WZs, even though most essentially agree the system is somewhat broken.
Nope the system isn't broken... It's a combination of randomness, barriers to entry, and god awful class balance.

Notice how I don't mention matchmaking in that sentance... They have already eliminated a barrier by offering discount gear. Anyone can mitigate randomness by grouping, and BW controls Class Balance...

So the power in 2 out of 3 are soley up to you, the player... That is why these arguments are dumb in the first place... Complain about mechanics and balance, but "issues" like these tend to boil down to you not wanting to take an *** whooping.

I have said it multiple times. As a PuG who wants "competitve" play, you should have NO issue going against a premade because in most cases, they are somewhat guaranteed to be competitive....

And isn't that the point?

I PuG 80% of the time, and have 0 complaints about losing/going to a premade. Either myself or the PuG needs to get better, whether its gear, coordination, strats, etc.. It makes me a better player...

Akomo
01.21.2013 , 11:53 AM | #46
My advice? Stick with it even with the losses and stop leaving wz's.Nuff said.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

WickedImage
01.21.2013 , 12:54 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkjolith View Post
Dear Bioware,

I tried SWTOR on Dec 2012 and On PVE Content I have found your game mostly balanced and fun.

I started PVPing and The new player is dead within 3 to 5 seconds, this is not fun.
Nuff said.....
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%

iamef
01.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
So the power in 2 out of 3 are soley up to you, the player... That is why these arguments are dumb in the first place... Complain about mechanics and balance, but "issues" like these tend to boil down to you not wanting to take an *** whooping.

I have said it multiple times. As a PuG who wants "competitve" play, you should have NO issue going against a premade because in most cases, they are somewhat guaranteed to be competitive....
I hear you, and listen, I like to play competitively, I ground out an f'in commando from recruit to fully aug'd WH as a PUG when recruit wasn't free and WH needed ranked comms. I don't like to camp for medals even if the game is lost. But, I stand by that there are a lot of casual players who are half way decent players and half way decently geared, and even very good players who for whatever reason are solo queing, and I think there should be a system in place for them to avoid getting stomped. Not a system for them to avoid losing, a system for them to avoid being stomped.

Whether that means excluding pre-made's, requiring a certain role minimum (i.e. at least one healer and one tank (or at least 'can tank' spec), or 'fixing class balance', it needs to be there. But, I can tell u what, a check box that says 'avoid groups when solo queuing' is prolly about 4 - 6 hours of coding and testing, and would eliminate half the grief expressed in this forum.

Until people found the next thing to cry about I guess...
--- Er'nesto / Er'nestoo / Nestero / Ėrnesto ---

WOOK -- The Shadowlands

L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 02:10 PM | #49
But, I stand by that there are a lot of casual players who are half way decent players and half way decently geared, and even very good players who for whatever reason are solo queing, and I think there should be a system in place for them to avoid getting stomped. Not a system for them to avoid losing, a system for them to avoid being stomped. ...
But therein lies the rub. Having any expectation to be successful as a solo player is not the correct mindset to have since you are not controlling the randomness that is PuGGing.. You never know what card you are going to be dealt, you have to live with the fact that someone has a full house and you got a pair of 2s(in recruit).. I build my "PuG success" on how we faired... Taking into account all factors, and win or lose, I try to determine whether we were bad or the other team was good. Most of the time, the former is the case.

You have to be ok with getting streamrolled if you Solo que, and take the losses with a grain of salt. <<This is what is missing with the premade complaints. They can't do this and sometimes can't possibly believe that it might be themselves that have a problem.

Look, I agree with you on some levels. They need to eliminate another barrier, which means they need to implement 4 -man Ranked and limit normals to 4 or less, but "needing something in place to prevent getting stomped" is like telling me what the lottery numbers are going to be tonight... The system is already there. If you want to increase your chances at winning the lottery, you buy more tickets. It's called "Invite to group".

Until people found the next thing to cry about I guess...
Agreed. I thought with 1.6 the gear debate would go away and we could talk about the real issues, but some (not you) are still fascinated by the "exclusivity/elitism" that is SWTOR PvP. Their "Invite to Group" and "Buy WH gear" buttons must be on stunlock by my Operative.

WickedImage
01.21.2013 , 02:25 PM | #50
I was definately a believer in the gear being far too much of an advantage previously. It's simply no longer the case. Well, it is....but not really. Recruit gear is utter crap compared to WH. But you spend about a minute in recruit gear now....so.....gear gap is gone. You can be mostly WH gear within minutes of hitting 50 if you planned ahead.
If you didn't plan ahead....well that's another story and pretty much your own fault. Still, you will only be in recruit gear for about 2-3 weeks. That's not bad at all by "old school" standards.
Killer: 87% Achiever: 67% Explorer: 27% Socializer: 20%