Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dear Bioware please balance PVP Teams

symke's Avatar


symke
01.21.2013 , 03:56 AM | #21
So far I've had several matches where we were owned by a pre-made, several where we were owned by better PUG and several where we were the ones that did all the "owning" .
I only PUG, so I can't say what a pre-made against PUG experience feels like, but to me it must be mostly people that get hard (or wet, depending on their sex) that enjoy being in a pre-made and play against a PUG. How else can you have fun or any kind of enjoyment against a group of players that are destined to loose in any case? But it is an MMO, so every kind of personalities is in an abundance.

Gear disparity is one thing, it's a basic concept of this game, but group disparity is something completely different. It can be adjusted and improved. It just takes a dedicated developer and desire to improve. I am afraid that in case of EAWare neither exists. They have their favorite toy (Cartel market) and they are unwilling to let it go and pick one of the others (older toys) up. Just look at the number of topics about this subject and their lack of response and you will see how much they try to ignore this. But their incompetence or lack of desire is for another topic.

Getting against a pre-made is a pain. And being better than the other team (both PUGs) so much that they sit on their behinds for more than half of the match is also pain. But in first case there is a simple solution, in latter one there isn't. If playing with few buddies is the only way someone wants to fight, than SWTOR should accommodate them, but not on the backs of others. It's their (very few players') desire to play together, so its them that should be "punished" with longer queue times or necessity to queue for ranked WZs. If that is not enough, they should get another form or option of playing in a WZ and not get PUG as an opponent.
I don't know what, I am fairly new to MMO games and don't know how others have solved this problem so far.

But some solution should get implemented into this game. PUG and pre-made are similar only if viewed from far, far away. It's a group of players, that is the only similarity. The closer you get to them, more differences you notice and this needs to get addressed by EAWare.
Many people feel like they are playing against exploiters when they get a certain pre-made in a WZ, and even if they know that is not he case, the feeling that leaves in their mouth is very bitter, not matter what. Repeat this process several times and they have less and less desire to join another WZ.

DarthBama's Avatar


DarthBama
01.21.2013 , 05:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
I'm assuming this is directed to me, so I'll respond. You should re-check the prices on the WH gear. Yes, it is much less expensive now, but since you can only stack up to 2750 regular comms, you cannot get anywhere near full WH from the start.

Regular comms:
550 - Relic#1 (EWH)
550 - Relic#2 (EWH)
550 - Bracers
625 - Ear
625 - Impant #1
625 - Implant #2
625 - Belt
875 - Boots
875 - Gloves
975 - Legs
1075 - Head
1425 - Chest
1550 - Main hand
1550 - Off hand

If you go from least to most expensive, you will run out of comms before you can purchase the first implant. If the EWH ear and implants are worse itemizations than the WH, you could possibly buy more gear by trading ranked comms back into regular comms. But that is a really stupid thing to do long term since they lose 2/3 of their original value. Plus, you will have spent 2500 of your ranked comms on relics anyway, leaving a maximum of 2000 comms left to convert. That would get you up to the belt, but not enough to buy boots.
Ranked Comms to Regular Comms is 1:1 now. I have a character nearing 50 that will enter her first match in full WH with a little help from my main.

Spoletta's Avatar


Spoletta
01.21.2013 , 06:20 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
Ranked Comms to Regular Comms is 1:1 now. I have a character nearing 50 that will enter her first match in full WH with a little help from my main.
Yeah, but what he basically says it's that such an exchange is short sighted. I partly agree and partly not. Still you have the change to do that, and i'll probably do it with my tank vanguard since i'm not interested in EWH.

Merras's Avatar


Merras
01.21.2013 , 07:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by United_Strafes View Post
I spent months to get the gear I have, you can now get a tier lower (very little difference) in a few days if you want, stop crying. Furthermore if you leveled up intending to play PvP you should have more than decent enough gear to compete as soon as you hit 50.
Gear gap is still a huge issue in PvP. Elite War Heros should be going to a separate bracket.

And Bioware should decide that they want a Player vs. Player or a Gear vs. Gear game. Because the two is not the same.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.21.2013 , 07:22 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Uhm, ok. Way to miss the point.
What point did I miss. People are still complaining about the gear gap when they keep making it easier and easier to gear out your character. Better recruit gear, a raised cap so you have more coms when dinging 50, making WH the cost of BM with no trade up option anymore, and they will be making expertise the same on all gear levels sometime. I mean what more can they do aside from handing out WH gear for free (I think it would be a mistake). They are also coming out with an actual matchmaking system.

V-Serp's Avatar


V-Serp
01.21.2013 , 08:29 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post

I don't know what, I am fairly new to MMO games and don't know how others have solved this problem so far.

But some solution should get implemented into this game. PUG and pre-made are similar only if viewed from far, far away. It's a group of players, that is the only similarity. The closer you get to them, more differences you notice and this needs to get addressed by EAWare.
Yeah I don't either. I played this game because I was a huge fan of the KOTOR games, like many others were, and at one point Bioware was a truly great dev. I was on these boards long before the release of the game, and back when this was a public board it was probably the best Star Wars themed board on the internet. It was truly great discussing Star Wars with so many other fans, it was a great community.

I do not know if there are any unique problems to this game versus most MMOs. I know WoW is probably the leader in this genre, but I don't know if they separate the queues or not. For all I know this could just be the industry standard.

DarthBama's Avatar


DarthBama
01.21.2013 , 08:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Yeah, but what he basically says it's that such an exchange is short sighted. I partly agree and partly not. Still you have the change to do that, and i'll probably do it with my tank vanguard since i'm not interested in EWH.
To me it's about quality of life and value. Why get your teeth kicked in for 3+ weeks hording ranked comms so that when you finally have enough ranked comms to buy something you get +2 to your end and main stat. Is that really worth it? I would much rather full WH up by any means necessary, then ENJOY my quest towards EWH.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 08:42 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Gear gap is still a huge issue in PvP.
r-u seriousing meh?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
01.21.2013 , 09:08 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Yeah I don't either. I played this game because I was a huge fan of the KOTOR games, like many others were, and at one point Bioware was a truly great dev. I was on these boards long before the release of the game, and back when this was a public board it was probably the best Star Wars themed board on the internet. It was truly great discussing Star Wars with so many other fans, it was a great community.

I do not know if there are any unique problems to this game versus most MMOs. I know WoW is probably the leader in this genre, but I don't know if they separate the queues or not. For all I know this could just be the industry standard.
Wow do seperate the queues. However they have cross-server battlegrounds so there is a bigger pool of players to choose from. They also have a rating attached to gear. Meaning the strongest players have the best gear, and the weaker players will struggle to gain the rating attached to it.

This game does not, everyone has the same chance to aquire the best gear.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 09:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by PloGreen View Post
This game does not, everyone has the same chance to aquire the best gear.
It will just fall on deaf ears, PLO... There is absolutely NOTHING exclusive to this game except for one's own personal commitment, ability to join a group, and ability to take a loss.


Welfare babies crying for an end to socialism... How ironic....
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango