Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Getting left solo guarding...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Getting left solo guarding...

Daxy
01.20.2013 , 08:33 PM | #21
this is what i have done in the last couple civil wars in lowbie 10-49

i will usually peel to the left node as game begins grabbing the pvp buff along the wall
i will then head to the left node to support cap
after cap i will start moving to the mid node checking the map the whole time
75% of the time the others at the cap will follow me to mid so now there is no one guarding
i then backtrac to the node to solo d mentioning my disgust in ops chat

if the enemy team gets the other two nodes and we make little impact then i will solo d for the first 4 medals or so then announce in ops chat that i will be abandoning the solo guard responsibilities to get my other 4 medals (the easy ones to get real quick-- assassin; 2k damage; and those others that rack up real quick when first dishing out damage)

sometimes the action results in a turn around others i get wiped and i'll humbly return to node duty to wait out the wz

V-Serp
01.20.2013 , 09:12 PM | #22
I think I'd rather take the loss then get stuck being bored in a game. If your team stinks it won't even really matter anyway, eventually everyone will wind up defending that one node while waiting out the game to end (this is where leaving early may be the smarter choice).

If your team is good someone will cover it especially if they see the node is empty or they see enemy forces moving towards it. Honestly for most of these simple WZ maps, if it's PUG vs PUG especially, you simply don't need to announce incoming or anything else, you should be able to figure out where the enemy is and where they're going just by surveying the tiny little WZ.

When it's a voice chat premade vs a PUG you're going to lose anyway, so it won't even matter. If you need to announce incomings and such you don't even have a chance to be competitive, you'll always be reacting too slowly.

Darth-Rammstein
01.21.2013 , 12:37 AM | #23
I often times end up guarding the node because everyone else runs off and unless I want us to lose I have to stay put...it sucks but most people don't have the attention span to sit there and wait for the enemy that may never come.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

POPsi
01.21.2013 , 03:28 AM | #24
if there's a solo non-stealther guard at civil war or hypergates, I'll so cap it everytime on my operative, regardless what class it is (Except if they position themselves smart, which very rarely occurs). I'm comfortable solo- guarding with my BH, since I also play a stealther and know how to counter a ninja-cap, but as I've seen most people don't care about it.

Darka
01.21.2013 , 03:31 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
This is the worst part of being stuck defending a node, it kills your stats....you very well were the reason your team won the match but your teammates will look at your total damage and think you're a noob. /sigh
No one cares about objective points in WZ it seems
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM - Gaming Community Est 2006
¨ Information
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Never_Hesitate
01.21.2013 , 03:40 AM | #26
This is the worst part of being stuck defending a node, it kills your stats....you very well were the reason your team won the match but your teammates will look at your total damage and think you're a noob. /sigh
On my jugg I was deffing a node: 0 DMG, 0 Prot, 0 Heal, 0 Kills, 0 Deaths, 12k Deff Points ^^
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

El_Kabong
01.21.2013 , 11:10 AM | #27
There was one Voidstar match a couple of days ago with me and my stealthy Sith where I was the one sneaking up to the doors behind the distracted defenders and blowing them open, every single time (I think someone else got the bridge over, but doors and force fields? All me!). To get to the core took 3, maybe 4 minuets? I was shocked on how easy it was and how sloppy the other team was. Needless to say, we totally demolished the other team and dominated that match, but I don't think I killed a single person the whole time.

At the end, during the summery screen? Not a single person noticed or cared. Not a single MVP vote. Gee, thanks guys.

(Also, I make no claims to actually being PVP awesome. Were I to try and replicate this effort, I would utterly fail. It was just this one time I was brilliant)

LordAragore
01.21.2013 , 04:29 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackeyla View Post
If you don't want to guard a door, don't put yourself in a position to guard the door. If I'm guarding a node as a healer and we need heals elsewhere I just say something in ops chat and someone relieves me. Your job as a "guarder" isn't to solo kill everyone who approaches you. Your job is to keep them off of the objective until help arrives. If you can't do that you shouldn't be on guard duty.
This. It's about interrupting an 8 second channel until help gets there, (unless they're pew pewing and can't be bothered). I'm a fan of "2 dedicated node guarders per node with 4 floaters" idea, or 2/6 in the case of VS, because it's not uncommon that a team will over-rotate and lose the abandoned node.
GŰre Lvl 55 Immortal Juggernaut - Aewinn Lvl 55 Infiltration Shadow - Afflictia Lvl 50 Corruption Sorceror - ∆ragore Lvl 40+ Shield Spec Vanguard - The Diabolos Legacy

SOULCASTER
01.21.2013 , 04:45 PM | #29
I can solo guard a node on my Combat Medic Spec Commando, Gunnery Spec Commando, or Assault Spec Commando like a boss. I dont know what you're problem is
5x Season 1 ALL-STAR
This game needs an NGE.

Chlomamf
01.21.2013 , 05:16 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
if there's a solo non-stealther guard at civil war or hypergates, I'll so cap it everytime on my operative, regardless what class it is (Except if they position themselves smart, which very rarely occurs). I'm comfortable solo- guarding with my BH, since I also play a stealther and know how to counter a ninja-cap, but as I've seen most people don't care about it.
You don't even have to position yourself smart to stop a ninja capper. Like I said before, on my Sniper I almost always solo defend our objectives, so naturally I have to worry about Stealthers who look at me and go 'oh lookie here, a lone defender, I think I'll just go stun him a couple of times and cap the objective then proceed to laugh! Mwuhahahaha!'. They don't know they've just made a huge mistake.

On AH when Solo Guarding our Pylon I position myself right next to the Pylon. Alot of people think this is stupid but it isn't. I go into Cover (to avoid a Sin/Shadow pulling me away as his buddy caps) and spam Orbital Strike on the Pylon to stop Ninja Cappers. Sometimes a Stealther comes along and stuns me with their in-stealth stun, then try to cap. What I do then is use my CC breaker, go back into cover and activate 'Entrench' (for all you non-Snipers out there, it's an in-cover ability that makes you immune to all Stuns). I then interrupt the cap. Like any ninja capper they'll try to stun me with their 8-second stun and try to cap again. However since I've got Entrench active that means their stun failed to stun me, meaning that their entire Ninja Cap plan has failed and they are forced to either retreat or die at my hands.

This method has stopped many Ninja Cappers to this day.