Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Good guilds still accused of hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Good guilds still accused of hacks

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
01.20.2013 , 12:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
"according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread"

just telling you one experience in PvP...hacking does exist and it does exist on Harbinger. BW would not have put up that big announcement if there wasn't hacking...

I am not a great PvPer by any means...I do it enough to understand when someone is playing better than the game mechanics allow. In the PvP I was in a scoundrel was moving very fast...faster than talents/ game mecahnics would allow. I mentioned in chat that he was moving fast....multiple people already knew his name and guild and were not surprised. take that for what you will.
http://www.torhead.com/ability/7wNhD7I/dirty-escape

Jus sayin...
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Mackeyla's Avatar


Mackeyla
01.20.2013 , 12:31 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
"according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread"

just telling you one experience in PvP...hacking does exist and it does exist on Harbinger. BW would not have put up that big announcement if there wasn't hacking...

I am not a great PvPer by any means...I do it enough to understand when someone is playing better than the game mechanics allow. In the PvP I was in a scoundrel was moving very fast...faster than talents/ game mecahnics would allow. I mentioned in chat that he was moving fast....multiple people already knew his name and guild and were not surprised. take that for what you will.
No one is disputing the fact that some people hack.

What they are saying is that to go around calling this person or that person a hacker, or even worse, to accuse an entire GUILD of hacking without any proof is just plain stupid.

Maybe that'll clear it up for ya...reading comprehension and all of that.

Futhermore, if you ran across someone who was so egregiously hacking that "everyone" knew about it, and you were so offended by that "hacker's" actions, I would think you'd take steps to prove your case instead of spouting off a bunch of heresay.

I personally wouldn't put much stock in something "everybody" claims is true. Most people are dumb. True story.
~*~Mackayla~*~Mackaela~*~Mackenzi~*~
In my fist there's a song...
Do you want to sing along?

~*~Ascendancy~*~

Sheemie's Avatar


Sheemie
01.20.2013 , 12:35 AM | #33
That thread made me laugh. I always take hackusations as a complement. It just means they are Jelly of us Cookies and our little sisters on Goof Troop.

wqopreuiyt's Avatar


wqopreuiyt
01.20.2013 , 12:58 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by agape_ View Post
A player on hostile takeover thought infiltrate was a hack when 3 powetechs came out of stealth and pwned him
That isn't hacking?
Hype - The Harbinger
Leader of Goof Troop

Deimosmp's Avatar


Deimosmp
01.20.2013 , 01:05 AM | #35
DarÁ - The Harbinger - Ascendancy

I'm not sending subliminal messeges.

MokaSith's Avatar


MokaSith
01.20.2013 , 01:49 AM | #36
I thought I would step in here for a moment and clarify a few things. I'm Vox_mortis over at DH, and obviously there's been a very strong reaction to the comments made in the most recent PvP column; specifically, saying that I'm accusing certain players or guilds of hacking without adequate proof. First, let me quote myself from the comments section:

"I've experienced issues with some of the same groups that you're reporting, so don't worry, you're not alone."

In general, this comment was meant to say that I've encountered groups of hackers while PvP'ing, back when the game first came out, all the way up to the big server merges. This comment wasn't specifically leveled at any person or guild, but more in a general sense of "Yes, there are hackers, I've encountered them myself, so don't worry." Now, moving on from that, I did not call out any specific guild. Period. I did not name Covenant, or Cookies, or Goof Troop for that matter. Do I have opinions on the matter? Yes; but I didn't use that post or the comments section in any specific way to put those guilds out there like that. My comment was vague, and intentionally so. So for any of those guild members that felt slighted by my attempts to respond in kind to a reader, you have my apologies.

So, in closing, I would like to solidify the point that while I believe there are hackers in the game, I do not have any specific proof aside from the collective experience of several players besides myself. The comment that one person made about asking in general and receiving responses of "Oh yeah, they hack" isn't entirely invalid, nor is it proof. Players that lack the ability to perform in PvP often cannot comprehend how someone else was able to best them, and perhaps because of pride they will quickly accuse the other player of hacking. This happens in any online game, from CoD to WoW, and isn't anything new. Having said that, my apologies again to any specifically offended party.

Archiah's Avatar


Archiah
01.20.2013 , 02:28 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by MokaSith View Post
"I've experienced issues with some of the same groups that you're reporting, so don't worry, you're not alone."
You responded to a post that specifically called those guilds out and said you had issues with the same groups. Honestly, what does that mean? Reading comprehension tells me that you claim to have experienced one or more of these groups hacking as well, as groups is being used as a synonym for guilds here and issues is only likely to refer to hacking, given the context. There is no other way to take it that doesn't make a giant assumption about what you mean by groups and issues.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Nokecity's Avatar


Nokecity
01.20.2013 , 02:37 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by agape_ View Post
A player on hostile takeover thought infiltrate was a hack when 3 powetechs came out of stealth and pwned him
First of all let me apologize to you for someone in the guild calling you a hacker. I dont condone members of the guild throwing out hackusation because it is one of the lowest things you could call a PvPer and is down right insulting. Again I apologize because I know the trouble that it can cause, especially as of late as of late, and rest assure there will be NO more ignorant hackusations from this guild.

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
01.20.2013 , 02:40 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Archiah View Post
You responded to a post that specifically called those guilds out and said you had issues with the same groups. Honestly, what does that mean? Reading comprehension tells me that you claim to have experienced one or more of these groups hacking as well, as groups is being used as a synonym for guilds here and issues is only likely to refer to hacking, given the context. There is no other way to take it that doesn't make a giant assumption about what you mean by groups and issues.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.
Bingo.

Mookind's Avatar


Mookind
01.20.2013 , 03:14 AM | #40
Anyone who speaks English would think that you were accusing at lost some of the 4 guilds mentioned

"I've experienced issues with some of the same groups that you're reporting, so don't worry, you're not alone."

After he named Army of Mon, Cov, Goof, and Haz Cookies

Your explanation is confusing and not very convincing, I assume you play on the Harbringer? What the hell kind of hacks are you seeing in our PVP in 50s?