Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Good guilds still accused of hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Good guilds still accused of hacks

sphyg's Avatar


sphyg
01.21.2013 , 02:16 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by IAmViiOLENT View Post
We got a few matches against your bubble spec sage the other evening Sphygg. Stop bubbling every damn person as I ravage them Made me very very sad.
Did you post in general that I was hacking and have the majority agree with you? Jk.

I would much rather DPS. But s sage DPS is like jello.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

tpryan's Avatar


tpryan
01.21.2013 , 02:28 PM | #112
just to clarify...my chat was bugged...I could not talk in Ops while in the WZ it was "general chat" which from what I could see was the people in the WZ...so when I mentioned the scoundrel moving very fast people in the LOCAL WZ heard me and commented.

sphyg's Avatar


sphyg
01.21.2013 , 02:36 PM | #113
http://www.torhead.com/ability/3IGyNOT/fight-or-flight


Amazing right? Had to be a hack though.!

Just because a few noobs in a warzone claim hack doesn't make it true.

Oh and you give less creedance to your argument by not knowing how to fix the chat bug.

Reset your ui by holding control and pressing u twice. Any veteran knows that
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

Abbrachmann's Avatar


Abbrachmann
01.21.2013 , 02:48 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by leareth_ View Post
Free soreyoxox!
Sorry I see detailed post and arguments then I came across this post in the middle and I just started laughing.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
01.21.2013 , 02:49 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Nneji View Post
I call ******** of the 'plenty of it', and for that matter, most of what you're saying. Either that, or you have plenty of 'evidence' of what you *think* is hacking. Which is very different. :P

But on a side note, hacking and exploiting. Do people here differentiate the two when discussing this? I've heard of some exploits in the game, and I've noticed some things that I'm not sure would be considered exploits or not. Who decides that?

For example, Novare Coast. As some of you know, if you stand in just the right spot in the corner of the huts, your nameplate is invisible, which for a lot of people, will give you damn good camouflage. I doubt that was the intention of the developers for there to be that little blindspot, and most players don't know/don't use it. So my question is, for anyone really, would that be considered an 'exploit' or just playing the map? If that's an exploit, is that just as bad as 'hacking'? In the dev's eyes, not ours. I'd really like to know. :P
I would consider that an exploit of the map meaning "the person used something that Bioware probably didn't intend". But when you report someone for using an exploit like that, you shouldn't be reporting the person, you should be reporting the map. E.G. "Bioware, fix your map please, people are doing XYZ." Not... "Lord Donkeyfacekilla is a dirty hacker and hope his family gets cancer".

My eyes, not the dev's obviously, but hopefully they are not immune to logic.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

tpryan's Avatar


tpryan
01.21.2013 , 03:29 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by sphyg View Post
http://www.torhead.com/ability/3IGyNOT/fight-or-flight


Amazing right? Had to be a hack though.!

Just because a few noobs in a warzone claim hack doesn't make it true.

Oh and you give less creedance to your argument by not knowing how to fix the chat bug.

Reset your ui by holding control and pressing u twice. Any veteran knows that
...I wasn't arguing....I was telling ONE instance where hacking is mentioned and the WZ agrees...about a specific player.
Also...holy krap...because I didn't fix a chat bug I am noob?
you guys are true believers, no real point in continuing to argue.

sphyg's Avatar


sphyg
01.21.2013 , 03:51 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
...I wasn't arguing....I was telling ONE instance where hacking is mentioned and the WZ agrees...about a specific player.
Also...holy krap...because I didn't fix a chat bug I am noob?
you guys are true believers, no real point in continuing to argue.
So are you arguing or not. Your statements are contradictory.

And yes. Noob. Nothing more annoying than seeing in general "inc grass".(Well except the insults at hackers in general) Then you have to check oops frame to make sure he's not in your group.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

tpryan's Avatar


tpryan
01.21.2013 , 04:37 PM | #118
"Any veteran knows that"

I am a founder...the chat bug is new to me...only had it since 1.6...thank you for the fix...i guess.

sphyg's Avatar


sphyg
01.21.2013 , 04:46 PM | #119
Anytime someone posts in general in a wz it is usually posted there. I only see it about 10 times a day.
Sphyg - Tha'dokta - Sphig - - - Bastion
Sphig - Sa'rissa - Sphygg - Who'just - U'just - - - Harbinger
The Chatos Paladins

Dierdrea's Avatar


Dierdrea
01.21.2013 , 06:52 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Nneji View Post
For example, Novare Coast. As some of you know, if you stand in just the right spot in the corner of the huts, your nameplate is invisible, which for a lot of people, will give you damn good camouflage. I doubt that was the intention of the developers for there to be that little blindspot, and most players don't know/don't use it. So my question is, for anyone really, would that be considered an 'exploit' or just playing the map? If that's an exploit, is that just as bad as 'hacking'? In the dev's eyes, not ours. I'd really like to know. :P
I am pretty sure the developer's purpose of making the hut is to create blindspots, especially if someone hides in a corner. They could have easily exposed it like civil war and that would be super uninteresting.

Now /stuck and in warzone respecs, those are of a different nature...