Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

23/1/17 Charge

Aerilas
01.19.2013 , 12:01 PM | #1
Hi there, i've been messing with specs and i came upon a question.

What are the upsides and downsides of choosing Surging Charge or Lightning Charge playing the 23/1/17 spec?
Which do you prefer and why?
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Bzziki
01.19.2013 , 12:43 PM | #2
dark charge

MasterFeign
01.19.2013 , 02:31 PM | #3
There is no benefit with using the other two. I mean you could use lightning charge and put a few more points in lightning, but you'd loose out on survival, and be dependent on procs, which take time.

Aerilas
01.19.2013 , 03:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
There is no benefit with using the other two. I mean you could use lightning charge and put a few more points in lightning, but you'd loose out on survival, and be dependent on procs, which take time.
what do you mean with this?
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

MatthewKurucar
01.19.2013 , 05:47 PM | #5
You dont even get surging charge in 23/1/17. surging charge is specd into in deception.

Ghostlink
01.19.2013 , 08:20 PM | #6
The 23/1/17 build is mainly a tank/utility/support spec. By going into lightning charge (can't get surging with this spec) you're losing the tank part and literally getting nothing in return. You will die faster, and the Energize talent (guaranteed shock crits) will do more DPS than lightning charge will do. This spec is meant to be used with dark charge, if you want to use a different charge go with a different spec.

Aerilas
01.20.2013 , 03:26 AM | #7
thank you all. i obviously didnt read up enough before posting this.
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd