Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

randiesel's Avatar


randiesel
02.18.2013 , 10:20 AM | #61
Yeah, I just looked at the first page again and Hallow does have a link to Mr Robot for his gear. Check that out.

And Hallow, you are a beast man. 7.3k hit is very nice. My highest is just over 6.3k, so I can't contend. Might be able to compete with you for overall DPS in a warzone though, my highest is just over 792 (which is good for a scrapper, can't compete with 1500 of other classes, lol).

See if i can find the pic.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 12:09 PM | #62
Just got off the pts. not much in the way of changes. Scamper is wicked nice, and spammable. eats energy if you spam it way to much. Gearing will be a P.I.T.A.

super disappointed in the gear bonus changes. For pve they made it 15% crit on shiv.... what kind of crap is this.

unless you gimp the crap out of yourself to keep the 15 percent crit on back stab.

While shiv is nice. I never had a issue with it critting before. Why do I need more crit on shiv?... when backstab is our second hardest hitter.

I know no dev's will probably read this but I ask you to reconsider the shiv crit. Please keep the crit to backstab or give it to hidden strike.

I ran around and pve'd to get a sense of the abilites, since you have to rebuy all the warzone crap. plus I can grind coms while leveling in the xpac. Just testing the tree's as it were,(for concealment anyways). Using more a alacrity build, since it regens energy more. Just from talents alone we can get 8 percent more alacrity, energy management shouldn't be an issue. I wish they would remove the healing debuff or non debuff from ghost, as with scamper I am considering dropping it.

while it is nice to increase acid blade dmg by a total of 39 percent, that does kind of gimp self healing. and stim boost gives health but it's only up for 45 secs with a 2 minute cd, almost not worth taking the revitalizers in the tree.

I'll update more when it goes live.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Cwild's Avatar


Cwild
02.21.2013 , 12:20 PM | #63
Damage output seem the same? Things looking up for us? Or are we pretty much staying the same.

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 12:28 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Cwild View Post
Damage output seem the same? Things looking up for us? Or are we pretty much staying the same.

LOL!!! as to this... well in my current gear at lvl 55, my tech dmg went from 992 to 1090. with proper gearing it could be 1100 easy. Think they nerfed crit a bit much though. could just be the gear difference and DR with crit and what not.

Even still running around pve'ing to see about dmg, in BH anyways, 6k HS and 5k BS, easy. Like I said I don't understand the crit to shiv crap.

so current gear at lvl 55, about 1000 extra dmg per hit. So should be interesting.

this is the build I was running around with:

http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-...operative/230/
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Cwild's Avatar


Cwild
02.21.2013 , 12:29 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
LOL!!! as to this... well in my current gear at lvl 55, my tech dmg went from 992 to 1090. with proper gearing it could be 1100 easy. Think they nerfed crit a bit much though. could just be the gear difference and DR with crit and what not.

Even still running around pve'ing to see about dmg, in BH anyways, 6k HS and 5k BS, easy. Like I said I don't understand the crit to shiv crap.
So things are looking up. Good stuff.

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 12:51 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Cwild View Post
So things are looking up. Good stuff.
yes and unknown. TIl everything goes live and the gear matchs the lvls, it will be hard to say if lethality would be better or concealment. While dmg currently is nice, it's no where near the 63k crits I saw in some videos of smash mara's
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

Cwild's Avatar


Cwild
02.21.2013 , 02:08 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelofCain View Post
yes and unknown. TIl everything goes live and the gear matchs the lvls, it will be hard to say if lethality would be better or concealment. While dmg currently is nice, it's no where near the 63k crits I saw in some videos of smash mara's
But you know the drill Hallow, if you want to be the best on this class, you have to outplay everyone. Thats the beauty of it. I don't want to be overpowered to where everyone plays Operative. I want to just to be given tools to stand out from the rest. I like the challenge, and I know you do too.

**** those smashers

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 02:18 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Cwild View Post
But you know the drill Hallow, if you want to be the best on this class, you have to outplay everyone. Thats the beauty of it. I don't want to be overpowered to where everyone plays Operative. I want to just to be given tools to stand out from the rest. I like the challenge, and I know you do too.

**** those smashers
well said. Personally I am looking forward to the changes, once they fix the bugs of course. OH no they leap at me, roll away!!!!! I am Sonic the hedge hog now!!!
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator

mulzii's Avatar


mulzii
02.21.2013 , 09:28 PM | #69
the real kicker is how everything meshes with the skills of the other classes. Like how quickly/much can smash monkeys cast that reflect shield? That shield appears to be designed specifically to fight snipers/op dmg.

Can you use the roll while stunned? It appears the sin can use the phase teleport while stunned, and the PT can use the shoulder skill while stunned as well. not sure about the other classes atm..

AngelofCain's Avatar


AngelofCain
02.21.2013 , 09:44 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
the real kicker is how everything meshes with the skills of the other classes. Like how quickly/much can smash monkeys cast that reflect shield? That shield appears to be designed specifically to fight snipers/op dmg.

Can you use the roll while stunned? It appears the sin can use the phase teleport while stunned, and the PT can use the shoulder skill while stunned as well. not sure about the other classes atm..
don't know haven't tried it. With bolster system cracked to hell atm I haven't pvped on the PTS.

On the phase walk note... even if they can use it... ( i don't know if it has a cd after use) they are then 60 m away, and have just now blown their cd,( if there is one) that means we are probably out of combat and able to roll our merry way.

Saber reflect: apperantly BW isn't quite done with that ability cause it actually will cause people to miss and not reflect dmg. if they saber reflect, sever tendon and roll away til it goes away.
Hallow, ägronä, <Status unknown> -(Concealment Operative)
Elite Warlord (since1.2) // Warzone Annihilator