Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler via Cartel Shop?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler via Cartel Shop?

ScytheEleven
01.19.2013 , 07:32 AM | #1
I'm thinking about starting a thread on these forums asking Bioware to put this beautiful blaster pistol up on the Cartel Shop so that Gunslinger's can finally dual-wield them. For those that don't know, this is the pistol I'm talking about:

http://www.torhead.com/item/bCTZ4OQ/...-sonic-needler

You can only get ONE of these in-game, and that is from the end of the Chapter 1 quest. There were rumors that you can get another from the HEROIC Mandalorian Terror quest on Balmorra, but apparently this was changed after Beta to only reward a helmet instead of this blaster.

I'm not interested in "Oh xxxx blaster looks similar" or "Just use Two-Fingers Revenge as your off-hand"...I seriously want another one of these bad-boys to dual-wield.

If I were to start up said thread, would I be wasting my time, or would I get a fair amount of support from you guys?

JayVayne
01.19.2013 , 08:58 AM | #2
That would be a top seller indeed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Poxx View Post
Jay is so admired by his friends and enemies, honest and humble, they gave him the name Vayne as a lightsided joke.

ScytheEleven
01.19.2013 , 09:44 AM | #3
I went ahead and made a thread in General Discussion about this. I'd love for any of you that feel the same way to post in there as support. Thanks!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...98#post5746698

ZeroPlus
01.20.2013 , 05:41 AM | #4
Well, I've been asking for a 2nd A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler for quite a while now.

Just check the link in my signature (it was created on 04.24.2012). I still have hopes, but I'm waiting sitting down.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

BrodieSolo
01.20.2013 , 08:26 AM | #5
As much as I love the Needler's look, since the patch where the sound was linked to the blaster it sounds too tinny to me now. I'm almost certain that it was meant to be that the differing blasters would have different sounds linked to the model from launch (feel free to correct me but I'm sure I read that back in the days/weeks/months/years pre-launch, that feels so long ago now!), but it seems that this only happened a couple of patches ago. I know from watching general chat in game that the sounds altered with sabers recently too.

The Cartel Nebula blaster has a much better sound for my liking, so now I use that along with Two Fingers revenge. Those 2 differ in colour but the models are the same apart from the little holo sight on the Nebula, which doesn't really bother me.

So unless the Needler gets a better sound I'll stick with the Nebula/Two Fingers combo.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't mean to sound like I was poo pooing the idea, I think with the amount of threads which have asked for another Needler it would sell well on the Cartel Market. I was just stating my reasons I probably wouldn't buy one.
"Hey Chewie, do you wanna just... hang out here in space? After we hang out for a bit, do you wanna just, y'know, fly off in that direction? See if we can find anything? And hey, maybe we can find some asteroids and mine them or something, I dunno.' Yeah, me neither."

Darshanna
02.01.2013 , 10:28 PM | #6
I'd love to get my hands on a second one of these! I ended up saving my Balmorra commendations and getting two C-305 Military Shriekers. Nice sound too :-)

hamzaky
02.07.2013 , 08:49 AM | #7
torhead says its a reward from The Mandalorian Terror in Balmorra (H4), so cant you get it twice?

ZeroPlus
02.07.2013 , 09:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by hamzaky View Post
torhead says its a reward from The Mandalorian Terror in Balmorra (H4), so cant you get it twice?
SARCASM=ON
Of course you can. We are all such nabs for never doing any research into this and realizing it was so easy to get another one and then we come here on the forums crying for another one. Shame on us!
SARCASM=OFF

In all seriousness, I really do wish it was that simple to get another A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler. Truth of the matter is, there is currently only ONE pistol with this model in game that can be equipped by a player (the other one that uses this model can only be used by Corso Riggs). Not only that, but if you are playing as a Dark Side Smuggler, you actually lose out on the chance to get it. Click on the link in my signature if you want more information.

As an aside, I have created a thread on the Cartel Market Suggestions sub-forum requesting the A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler be added. Add your voice to it if you want one .

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Stacksamus
02.08.2013 , 04:31 AM | #9
Hello all,

I use this bad boy in me off hand. I was lucky enough to get the pistol from the cartel packs, which is random. It has an animation round it of a radar type thing, but the pistol itself is the same model as the needler. So I have one in both hands, one of which has the targeting system. I will try get a screen shot up laters.

I am sure though even before I was lucky enough to get the cartel one, I had another one like the needler. Someone has put a massive list up of all the weps on the forum some place. May be worth a browse. I will go take a looksee now :>)

Stackamus

EDIT:

Here is the thread. I can't view it at work, as they banned us from photobucket.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=186307

Found a google image of it too 'Black Nebula Heavy Blaster'

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...vy-blaster.jpg
My sniper rifle makes a very distinct sound, listen for it, as it will be the last thing you hear.
( - - )
(Server: The Red Eclipse - Guild: Nightmare's Legion)

ZeroPlus
02.08.2013 , 04:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Stacksamus View Post
Hello all,

I use this bad boy in me off hand. I was lucky enough to get the pistol from the cartel packs, which is random. It has an animation round it of a radar type thing, but the pistol itself is the same model as the needler. So I have one in both hands, one of which has the targeting system. I will try get a screen shot up laters.

I am sure though even before I was lucky enough to get the cartel one, I had another one like the needler. Someone has put a massive list up of all the weps on the forum some place. May be worth a browse. I will go take a looksee now :>)

Stackamus

EDIT:

Here is the thread. I can't view it at work, as they banned us from photobucket.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=186307

Found a google image of it too 'Black Nebula Heavy Blaster'

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...vy-blaster.jpg
You are confusing the 'A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler' with the 'Black Nebula Heavy Blaster'. The model used for the 'Black Nebula Heavy Blaster' is also readily available in a number of other pistols. The model used for the 'A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler' is only used TWICE, and only ONE of those pistols can be used by a player.

Yes, they are similar. But the 'A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler' just looks sleek without the bar under the barrel and the telescopic sight on top.

Click on the links below for a 3D rendering of the 2 pistols:
A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler
Black Nebula Heavy Blaster
(You can left-click and hold on the 3D model to rotate it.)

Tastes will vary, but for me (and many others) the 'A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler' just looks better.