Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Holonet: Galactic History unfinnished?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Holonet: Galactic History unfinnished?

Nastrael
01.19.2013 , 06:07 AM | #1
Why are there parts of the Galactic History series on the Holonet page here missing? its fairly upsetting to see something like that halfbaked. Its not as if they didn't intend to finnish it as the sections missing videos still have descriptions. Will this be addressed in the near future?

BenKatarn
01.19.2013 , 06:24 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Nastrael View Post
Why are there parts of the Galactic History series on the Holonet page here missing? its fairly upsetting to see something like that halfbaked. Its not as if they didn't intend to finnish it as the sections missing videos still have descriptions. Will this be addressed in the near future?
This was already asked multiple times over the course of the past year. I recall that a developer responded to this, saying that they will likely not continue this line of Galactic History, because it was primarily meant to get a foothold into this part of the timeline of the Star Wars Universe. For what I gather, they almost did this more for themselves than for the players in order to establish continuity.

I'd love to pull up the exact quote on this, but unfortunately the Dev Tracker only goes back 17 pages, up to August of last year and I believe it was said earlier than that.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

LordSkyKnight
01.19.2013 , 06:25 AM | #3
I highly doubt they will ever finish it. They stopped working on it way back in beta. I don't remember exactly when but summer of 2011 I think was the last update. It's a shame really, was pretty neat.

Nastrael
01.19.2013 , 06:34 AM | #4
Well thanks for the speedy responses...even though im now a sad panda Q.Q

bahdasz
01.19.2013 , 08:54 AM | #5
What's the point? It was just there to rope in the RP community and make them all excited about the "fighting the war" or whatever. Game's been released for over a year, either your playing or your not, they have nothitng to gain by wasting time on stuff like this.