Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So I have never done a HM Flash Point...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
So I have never done a HM Flash Point...

01.22.2013 , 01:47 PM | #11
I've done fp's the same way you have, as WH gear pvp player with no pve knowledge.
If you're really worried a group won't take you, use google and learn the fights beforehand. You could also do the story one first to get the hang of it since you'll vastly out level most of the sm fp's. Just make sure you read up on boss mechanics since hm bosses have new attacks.
Shouldn't really be that hard though, most of the earlier fp's were designed to be done in tionese which WH vastly outlevels.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion

01.22.2013 , 02:10 PM | #12
It's usually best to go with a Story Mode before trying Hard Mode, since some of the flashpoints can be done easily, learning the fights as you go. As for gear War Hero Gear does outrank Tionese and Columni easily but it's no replacement, due to the expertise does nothing for you in a Flashpoint, it's just my way of going at it, have both types of gear instead of one even if you have to start with tionese as everyone else does. As it's known PvP Gear has a disadvantage in PvE as PvE Gear has a disadvantage in PvP.
Hello I am Rędd/ Old-Red, Founder of Republic Honor on the server Harbinger
RIP: SWG, Ahazi

01.23.2013 , 03:07 PM | #13
I did a HM flashpoint last night after not playing for a year on my Commando lol, I was very bad, but we won. I just had on champion gear with a couple pieces of War Hero lol

Don't sweat it, you can learn on the fly. I had played that Op a couple of times in the past, but like I said, a year ago. I don't remember even the SM version going that smoothly with the guys I ran with back then, and that's when I knew *** I was doing. I hope I was helpful.

01.24.2013 , 01:04 AM | #14
Thanks for all the great replies and positive feedback. I am going to try some of them soon. Thanks to all those that replied and the thanks for not trolling or derailing this. This thread may be helpful to some others who are afraid or just aren't willing to try FPs or OPs for some reason or another.
Snuck'in, R'senole, Snucks, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer

01.24.2013 , 12:17 PM | #15
Just use the groupfinder to queue for some of the easier ones first. Taral V (when they get it fixed) and Esseles aren't too bad once you know the encounters a bit.

"Knowing the fights" is kind of innocuous. Go read the guides on so you understand what the basic tactics are for the bosses. Most of these fights are tactics fights and not really gear checks. Once you know how to deal with Darth Malgus, Grand Moff Kilran, Ironfist, etc... The fights become pretty easy (with a capable group).

Another suggestion. Find some solid players and add them to your friends list. If you can pre-group with one or two people (or even 3 if possible) that you know and are used to playing with, it makes it all that much easier.

Oh, and one last piece of advice. Avoid Lost Island [HARD]. At least early on, unless you are grouped with people who know those fights well.. Otherwise.. well it will be painful (and expensive).