Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can't decide on Chapter 1 ending choice *obvious spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Can't decide on Chapter 1 ending choice *obvious spoilers*

TheLambOfDeth
01.18.2013 , 10:41 PM | #1
Ok, how different are the choices that lead to the different missions. I know there's

Persuade Darth Jadus his plan is doomed: Blackmail
Run Eradicator Program, pretend to join Darth Jadus: Defender of the Empire
Run Eradicator Program, join Darth Jadus: Tyranny Triumphant
Deactivate Eradicators: Hero of the People

But are the outcomes really all that different in terms of the story ultimately. My IA is pretty evil, but he is loyal to the empire, so i'm not siding with Jadus. What I really want to know is, if I persuade Jadus, do I ever get to fight him later? That's the choice i'm thinking of because I get to manipulate him...

chuixupu
01.18.2013 , 11:29 PM | #2
The only effect on the story is that if you side with Jadus, you'll often be referred to the hand of Jadus by NPCs. Not sure if this effects your Chapter 3 choices at all. I know your end of chapter 2 decisions do.

This is your only chance to fight Jadus, unless it comes up again in future expansions.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

TheLambOfDeth
01.19.2013 , 04:44 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
This is your only chance to fight Jadus, unless it comes up again in future expansions.
I wanted to talk him down...but if this is the only chance I get to fight him...

_Darkstar
01.21.2013 , 04:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheLambOfDeth View Post
I wanted to talk him down...but if this is the only chance I get to fight him...
It isn't a particularly epic fight, the only good thing he does is in a cut scene, but I cannot remember where that cut scene triggers, likely before you pick.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

chuixupu
01.21.2013 , 02:16 PM | #5
If you choose the option to let the eradicators go off just for a while until reinforcements get there, you will have a conversation with him at the end. Mostly him trying to make you feel like a hypocrital a-hole for doing it.

bright_ephemera
01.22.2013 , 06:57 AM | #6
The end of Chapter 1 is your only chance to fight Jadus.

If you join with him, not only do you get an alternate boss fight,

Spoiler

but one of your endgame options may change (it's also dependent on an Act 2 decision) to allow you to once again cooperate with Darth Jadus's agents.

If you run the Eradicator program to delay things and then try to stop Darth Jadus I think you get a fairly devastating sequence of listening to Jadus's narration while the ruination goes down. Can anyone confirm that?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

chuixupu
01.22.2013 , 09:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
If you run the Eradicator program to delay things and then try to stop Darth Jadus I think you get a fairly devastating sequence of listening to Jadus's narration while the ruination goes down. Can anyone confirm that?
I don't recall hearing anything from Jadus himself, just transmissions from various locations crying out in shock and agony as the decimation occurs.

_Darkstar
01.23.2013 , 04:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I don't recall hearing anything from Jadus himself, just transmissions from various locations crying out in shock and agony as the decimation occurs.
Sadly they were voiced pretty poorly and I got no emotion from any of them. You do get Jadus talking to you once you return to him though, putting the blame for the deaths on you.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

TheLambOfDeth
01.23.2013 , 06:11 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
The end of Chapter 1 is your only chance to fight Jadus.

If you join with him, not only do you get an alternate boss fight,

Spoiler

but one of your endgame options may change (it's also dependent on an Act 2 decision) to allow you to once again cooperate with Darth Jadus's agents.

I would've choose that, but I played my IA as too loyal to the Empire....even if he is DS.

I just finished Taris, do you ever meet Zhorrid again if you picked another option?

islander
01.24.2013 , 12:27 PM | #10
I never did. I wondered about Zhorrid actually. I expected her to be the end of act 1 boss all along. When it didnt happen I was just like "Hmmm". I went light side though, although I always picked pure Imperial interests so I only barely hit light 3.

It IS interesting though. I wonder if my choice right there completely altered my story arc for chapter 2. I chose turning off the eradicators and I sent Jadus into hiding without a fight.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five