Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Rise of the Hutt Cartel

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Question about Rise of the Hutt Cartel

Shadokitty
01.18.2013 , 08:27 PM | #1
I'm just curious about whether or not I should preorder the new expansion, or wait to purchase it. I don't have any characters near level 50 yet, as right now my highest level character is level 11. Is it possible that I will have one ready to level cap by the time Rise of the Hutt Caretel comes out? Or should I wait till I get closer to level cap to order it, even if it means waiting till after it comes out to order it?

Rankyn
01.18.2013 , 08:33 PM | #2
Since there's no deadline for ordering it and you're past the bonus cut-off, you may as well wait.
They aren't gonna run out of them and by the time it's released, you may not be playing anymore.

Bottom line: pre-ordering accomplishes nothing that can't be accomplished by buying later. It all comes down to when you want to spend the money.

TheBBP
01.18.2013 , 08:37 PM | #3
There are no current advantages to pre-ordering it. Unless you just want the peace of having it done.
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElíta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

TheHunterC
01.18.2013 , 09:09 PM | #4
I preordered to get the five extra days of access. Plus even if your characters aren't level 50's, you still own it, and can take as long as you wish to level.
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

CKNORTH
01.18.2013 , 09:09 PM | #5
To add to this topic about pre order, if you did pre order and are currently subscribed but decide to go prem. do you still get all of Roth content. Such as artifac gear, quests, raids pvp etc?@ OP As for being lvl 11 the pre order is good for the extra 5 day pre launch, so if you want to bust a nut getting a character to 50 for early access then yes it would be worth it if that's something you want. Unless the early access deadline has passed Lol then it doesn't really matter.
Pre-Order Knight of the Republic

Friend Referral Click This Link for Free Bundle Pack Plus other Perks!!!

Rankyn
01.18.2013 , 09:23 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNORTH View Post
the pre order is good for the extra 5 day pre launch
The deadline for getting early access has passed.

CKNORTH
01.18.2013 , 10:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
The deadline for getting early access has passed.
Ahh then there is really no reason for op to hurry and get it then, but I guess for my question with Roth same rules apply to premium even if you pre ordered it?

Rankyn
01.18.2013 , 11:53 PM | #8
One thing just occurred to me based on how it's worded on the launcher.
It might be different on the actual RotHC page, but on the launcher it says that subscribers get 50% off their pre-order.
That means they might have to pay full price once the thing is released.

But, as I said, the language elsewhere may indicate subscribers will always receive the discount so if that's the case then nevermind.

CKNORTH
01.18.2013 , 11:58 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
One thing just occurred to me based on how it's worded on the launcher.
It might be different on the actual RotHC page, but on the launcher it says that subscribers get 50% off their pre-order.
That means they might have to pay full price once the thing is released.

But, as I said, the language elsewhere may indicate subscribers will always receive the discount so if that's the case then nevermind.
I'm subbed and paid for it while subbed good luck if they are going to make me pay full price in 2 months after the fact Lol!

Edit: ahh I just read that last part, yeah I paid for early,access and I'm not sure ill be able to sub again after my time runs out, but they can't just double charge me for what i already paid for because I'm not subbed when its released that would be wrong in a lot of different ways Lol

Pscyon
01.19.2013 , 12:40 AM | #10
Going with the very few things that are announced about it currently, there's not much reason for you to pre-order it. When/if they announce new species/classes, RotHC-spesific gameplay mechanics or anything else that is pre-level 50 there might be a point. Currently... not so much. Of course if you know you will be getting it for sure, then it's nice having it outta the way, there's that.
Sith Sorcerer