Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTX 680 - Poor Performance, looking for tips.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
GTX 680 - Poor Performance, looking for tips.

KashJedi
01.18.2013 , 09:20 PM | #21
I have the same GPU and i play just fine.

I recommend you do the following:

remove Bloom effect in the swtor menu in preferences.

Download the latest driver for gtx 680 (version 310.90)

Then go to Manage 3d setting in the NVIDIA control panel.
go to program settings and add the swotor launcher.exe

Now put these options:

Maximum pre-rendered frames : use global setting (use the 3d application setting)

if the problem cotinues try setting it to 4

Tazak
01.18.2013 , 09:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KashJedi View Post
I have the same GPU and i play just fine.

I recommend you do the following:

remove Bloom effect in the swtor menu in preferences.

Download the latest driver for gtx 680 (version 310.90)

Then go to Manage 3d setting in the NVIDIA control panel.
go to program settings and add the swotor launcher.exe

Now put these options:

Maximum pre-rendered frames : use global setting (use the 3d application setting)

if the problem cotinues try setting it to 4
I'll see if changing the pre-rendered frames does anything.
*Pops Flare*
Koos - 50 Jedi Sentinel (Ajunta Pall RP-PVP [Server First 50])

#4863#

OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 09:24 PM | #23
Above is a good idea, but the game itself is swtor.exe

Edit - if you use Vsynch you should turn on triple buffer as well

your Ram is triple channel but that is due to the Intel 900 series cpu, the NB frequency is blank on mine not sure why it displays one for you though

Tazak
01.18.2013 , 09:46 PM | #24
Tried swapping around from 1-4 of the Max Render settings to no avail, including Triple Buffering as well. For fun, I even enabled 32x CSAA for giggles and to see if I could possibly make it worse and my performance stayed the exact same.

This is getting rather frustrating.
*Pops Flare*

#4863#

MuratReis
01.19.2013 , 04:36 AM | #25
Strange - my computer is worse than yours and the game runs really well for me. Perhaps there is something wrong with your gpu.
''Ralph McQuarrie is the gentle giant of the Star Wars Universe.'' George Lucas

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 05:03 AM | #26
This might be just related to certain 680s, the below thread is discussing vsynch but there is also discussion about long frame delays occuring, this might change the fps displayed by swtor due to the 10second average. just a thought, although cs says it is lowest over 10 seconds, will have to have a close look at what is displayed.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-discussi/131/

Tazak are you Kooswithak by chance

Edit - Yes i saw your post on the forums

Tazak
01.19.2013 , 01:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
This might be just related to certain 680s, the below thread is discussing vsynch but there is also discussion about long frame delays occuring, this might change the fps displayed by swtor due to the 10second average. just a thought, although cs says it is lowest over 10 seconds, will have to have a close look at what is displayed.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-discussi/131/

Tazak are you Kooswithak by chance
Yes sir, you probably saw my post on Nvidia's forums then?
*Pops Flare*

#4863#

Tazak
01.19.2013 , 08:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MuratReis View Post
Strange - my computer is worse than yours and the game runs really well for me. Perhaps there is something wrong with your gpu.
I'd like to hope not, but I really doubt it. Every other game performs the way it should with my rig and SWTOR is the only game that gives me trouble. I average 80-90 FPS in BF3 on the maximum settings (Including x4 MSAA) and Far Cry 3 at 60 FPS on max settings (no MSAA).
*Pops Flare*

#4863#

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 08:30 PM | #29
So you have issues playing in-game or is it simply the fps reading you are getting in-game ?

Glzmo
01.19.2013 , 08:39 PM | #30
Try to disable Ambient Occlusion on a driver level. TOR's dynamic shadow system already does AO in a way and looks better, in my opinion.

I'm running the game fine above 100-111FPS virtually all the time at 1920x1080 with 4xSGSAA forced via Nvidia Inspector (in-game FSAA disabled as SGSAA looks so much better) on my dual GTX 680 4GB in SLi with Ambient Occlusion disabled. If I force it on a driver level, the performance dips to 30-70FPS.

Of course, my system is slightly beefier overall than yours, so that could also play into the equation. And you may be running a higher resolution than me, too, which of course will cost performance.

Be sure to play the game with Vsync off as well, the GTX 680 doesn't seem to like running TOR with Vsync enabled at all. Oddly enough, even running with it off doesn't cause tearing in this game for me.