Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Canino
01.18.2013 , 07:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't think Grievous is vulnerable to the weapons in the hands of the assassins. Remember his battle with the Gungans? How many pikes speared the General? Ion weaponry may be effective (again looking at the cheating ways of the gungans), but would Revan know to use it? Probably. Grievous did still put up a fight after taking several Boobas(funny word ) to the face!

I don't know about explosives. He's survived quite a few explosions.
True, but G0-To's weaponry would be more powerful. Illegal mods and enhancements, scopes and barrels. Guns may not bring him down, but they would pack a serious wallop. And yes, those words are very funny

EDIT: I don't actually watch TCW very often, so I youtube'd it. It seems ion works, but only in large amount. But a good distraction/sacrifice does the trick.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 07:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
I think Reven would do what Dooku did. Show her his power, through any means, and she will serve. Send her on a mission, and bang, she's yours. A mission that could inflict serious damage if successful. Say, destroying manufacturing plants, or stealing experimental weaponry. She would know everything about the CIS.

Also, even if Grievous beats Reven, he would have to come to Nar Shaddaa, which doesn't like being invaded. Would they be able to defeat the entire CIS? No, but they would do some damage. Add that up plus the mercs and assassins, bounty hunters and thugs, and you have a nasty gorilla fighting group to deal with, Grievous. And Grievous wouldn't be able to purchase the invisible ship finder thingy. But depending on G0-T0's pockets, a gravity well projector might be waiting for Grievous.
I don't. Ventress is coming into her own. She's not that apprentice she once was. She rebelled against Dooku (after some interesting circumstances). I think Revan would have to offer her something Dooku could not. Remember Ventress wanted to learn from the secrets of the greatest Dark Lord ever (Sidious, through Dooku). Revan would have to offer her something pretty significant.

Well Grievous could simply glass Nar Shaddaa if it proves difficult to take.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 07:22 PM | #23
True, but G0-To's weaponry would be more powerful. Illegal mods and enhancements, scopes and barrels. Guns may not bring him down, but they would pack a serious wallop. And yes, those words are very funny

EDIT: I don't actually watch TCW very often, so I youtube'd it. It seems ion works, but only in large amount. But a good distraction/sacrifice does the trick.
Really, only G0-T0 can provide the tech to dismantle Grievous. Revan doesn't have illegal tech like G0-T0 does.

Ion does work, but it requires large quatities to be fully effective. G0-T0 has the best chance of beating Grievous here.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel
01.18.2013 , 07:34 PM | #24
Poor Revan.

The way I see it playing out is like Aurbere said, Grievous and Revan will be the major combatants while G0-T0 lurks in the shadows.

think Revan can hold off Grievous long enough for G0-T0 to outwit Grievous. As Revan falls Grievous will get bolder and more confident, culminating in Revan's last stand were Grievous will be present. At that time, G0-T0 will have found a way to hack into not the droids, but the ships themselves. Most importantly Grievous's capital ship. As Revan fights tooth and nail to the bitter end (Ventress is boarding Revan's ship slaughtering Malak thus a non-issue)

G0-T0 will sneak a small army of HK-50's he has built aboard unnoticed. He will proceed to use his control of the ship to mask his army's march to the bridge. Now by this point G0-T0 has been studying so he has full specs on the ship and Grievous himself. Aware of all the possible outcomes and escape routes, G0-T0's sheer number of HK's (ahem, jedi killers) and his preparation for all eventualities will overwhelm Grievous and he'll die in the escape attempt. If Revan isn't dead by the time G0-T0 kills Grievous, he'll just send the remaining HK's and I don't think Revan will have the means to stop him at that point.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Canino
01.18.2013 , 07:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Poor Revan.

The way I see it playing out is like Aurbere said, Grievous and Revan will be the major combatants while G0-T0 lurks in the shadows.

think Revan can hold off Grievous long enough for G0-T0 to outwit Grievous. As Revan falls Grievous will get bolder and more confident, culminating in Revan's last stand were Grievous will be present. At that time, G0-T0 will have found a way to hack into not the droids, but the ships themselves. Most importantly Grievous's capital ship. As Revan fights tooth and nail to the bitter end (Ventress is boarding Revan's ship slaughtering Malak thus a non-issue)

G0-T0 will sneak a small army of HK-50's he has built aboard unnoticed. He will proceed to use his control of the ship to mask his army's march to the bridge. Now by this point G0-T0 has been studying so he has full specs on the ship and Grievous himself. Aware of all the possible outcomes and escape routes, G0-T0's sheer number of HK's (ahem, jedi killers) and his preparation for all eventualities will overwhelm Grievous and he'll die in the escape attempt. If Revan isn't dead by the time G0-T0 kills Grievous, he'll just send the remaining HK's and I don't think Revan will have the means to stop him at that point.
Actually, I said that, but whatever. And yes, this is another scenario I see.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 07:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Poor Revan.

Color? Good choice!

I agree with your G0-T0 point of view plan.

One question though. What if Grievous and Revan are still fighting when the droids arrive? I'll answer that. Revan shares the fate of poor Nahdar, a victim of Grievous' underhanded strike. Then Grievous will probably fall victim to the droids. Probably. He has suffered from firepower before. Guess it will depend on what the droids are outfitted with.

Canino
01.18.2013 , 07:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't. Ventress is coming into her own. She's not that apprentice she once was. She rebelled against Dooku (after some interesting circumstances). I think Revan would have to offer her something Dooku could not. Remember Ventress wanted to learn from the secrets of the greatest Dark Lord ever (Sidious, through Dooku). Revan would have to offer her something pretty significant.

Well Grievous could simply glass Nar Shaddaa if it proves difficult to take.
Again, true, but that wouldn't kill G0-T0, his ship would be safe-he could move to another system or planet. Could G0-T0's droid control control Grievous? Also, a gravity well projector would pull Grievous out and let G0-T0 ambush Grievous and alert the smugglers of the invasion.

EDIT: Where are the Reven fanboys? The G0-T0 fanboy(me, but more like a major fan, but whatever.I'm not obsessed, but I really like him) is here, but the rest(Warren) are MIA.
---------

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 07:54 PM | #28
Again, true, but that wouldn't kill G0-T0, his ship would be safe-he could move to another system or planet. Could G0-T0's droid control control Grievous? Also, a gravity well projector would pull Grievous out and let G0-T0 ambush Grievous and alert the smugglers of the invasion.

EDIT: Where are the Reven fanboys? The G0-T0 fanboy(me, but more like a major fan, but whatever.I'm not obsessed, but I really like him) is here, but the rest(Warren) are MIA.
Grievous is not a droid. He has a fully functioning brain. The only piece of tech in his head is an implant that allows him to communicate with his droid armies. Now it may be plausible that G0-T0 could take over the droids through that implant, but can G0-T0 remote hack something? Why didn't he hack T3 then? Or HK-47? Something on my mind.

Let the Revan fanboys sleep. Personally, the only time I would fanboy is with Plo Koon.

Edit: Okay. Grievous has a little more tech in his head. But the tech is mainly implants meant to augment his personality and combat abilities.

Wolfninjajedi
01.18.2013 , 07:59 PM | #29
Question didn't Beni say combatants have knowledge on eachother? Or was it just that one time thing? Cause if so, they could plan accordingly to what information they have. Or is the info they have not really worth having anyway?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 08:01 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Question didn't Beni say combatants have knowledge on eachother? Or was it just that one time thing? Cause if so, they could plan accordingly to what information they have. Or is the info they have not really worth having anyway?
Yes, they do. But I remember him saying that it's not extensive. Just basic knowledge, I think.