Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Aurbere
01.21.2013 , 07:26 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
An off topic question, but does anyone else have this sub form move threads all over the place?
I do, and it sucks!
Added Chapter 59 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

FoolsErrand
01.21.2013 , 07:40 PM | #242
Honestly, I have to agree with those who said G0-T0. Revan and Grievous would be mashing against each other pretty good and while G0-T0 would be destroyed in a fair fight against either of them I think Revan and Grievous would be working against each other. Revan might want to take Go-T0 out first, but I doubt Grievous would give him the chance. Regardless which side won against the two of them, Grievous would have quantity advantage while Revan's forces had more quality, whoever surivived would be an a position for a droid revolution and exchange sab teams. If Revan beat Grievous, he'd be vulnerable to his fleet turning against him and bombing him (as well as the risk of Malek turning on him which isn't all that unlikely ). If Grievous won against Revan then he is royally in trouble because a droid revolt takes out pretty much all his forces and I doubt Grievous would be able to run and hide from G0T0.
Never give up! Never surrender!

MasterMe
01.21.2013 , 08:22 PM | #243
"Revan fanboi turn out is kind low." - lol yeah I haven't been doing a whole lot have I?

But you made several good points in there. If Malgus beat Greivous then surely Revan can beat him.

MasterMe
01.21.2013 , 08:23 PM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Point, but finding Grievous isn't going to be like finding G0-T0. He's going to be leading the charge, striking at Revan's forces personally. Arguably he was a coward, but he wasn't so cowardly that he would shy away from battle. He was a warrior, and would probably (probably) want to test his skills against Revan in combat. He wasn't afraid of Jedi remember, he relished battling and killing them, so why should he be afraid of Revan? And remember the Malevolence? That time Grievous was trying to stay hidden and still the Republic managed to track it down and destroy it.

And Grievous isn't going to avoid a fight, and Revan is smart enough to goad Grievous into a one, perhaps by presenting him with an easy target. Or he could have his assassins infiltrate Grievous' flagship and track/sabotage it so Revan can set a trap. Or he could simply drop out of hyperspace when Grievous attacks his powerbase. Chances are Grievous will come for Revan personally. Revan is not Thrawn, but he's a good if not exemplary tactician. He's not going to lose a space battle to some droid, Grievous has the best chance of defeating him, and Grievous knows that.

In terms of battle strategy, much like Mandalore, Revan can employ hit and run tactics, draw Grievous out with light attacks and then surround him with a full force. It almost defeated Grievous in his last Kaggath, so why not now when Revan has superior tactical skills and forces as well as numbers? (And assassins which a perfect for guerrilla tactics) And Revan can easily overcome Grievous' superior numbers through strategy, he only needs one battle to kill Grievous. And Grievous can't put all his forces in one star system now can he? If Revan strikes quick and fast the General will be too dead to recover.

And it doesn't matter who G0-T0 tips off, G0-T0's best chance of a swift victory is bringing Revan and Grievous together early on so he can eliminate them both simultaneously. Which gives Revan the chance he needs to kill Grievous.

Sorry if I just seem to be supporting Revan here, but Revan fanboi turn out seems to be surprisingly low...

P.S Concerning the Magnaguards Ashoka actually was almost killed by them, but managed to escape or was saved if I recall. She did not defeat them however. Still, this is Revan we are talking about. He can beat Magnaguards. We also have to consider what would happen if Revan brought Dark Jedi with him. And Malak.

EDIT: I stand corrected, Ashoka did beat those Magnaguards. 3 of them, apparently it was a difficult fight. I would call plot armour but we also have to remember that Ashoka was actually an exemplary padawan, and could go toe-to-toe with Asajj Ventress. (Who apparently pwns everyone :P)
Asajj Ventress dominated Ahsoka as I recalll.

Aurbere
01.21.2013 , 08:28 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
"Revan fanboi turn out is kind low." - lol yeah I haven't been doing a whole lot have I?

But you made several good points in there. If Malgus beat Greivous then surely Revan can beat him.
Malgus won because of his stealthed forces. Revan doesn't have that.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

GarfieldJL
01.21.2013 , 10:01 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Malgus won because of his stealthed forces. Revan doesn't have that.
Malgus also wasn't quite as good of a tactician that Revan was...

Really though G0-T0 has this in the bag, the fact he has no real military forces aside from the HK-50s means that he quite simply won't show up for the major battles, while Grievous and Revan are slugging it out, G0-T0 will quietly be setting up the deaths of his opponents.

It's tough to take on an opponent that is operating by totally different set of rules than you are.

Aurbere
01.21.2013 , 10:19 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
Malgus also wasn't quite as good of a tactician that Revan was...

Really though G0-T0 has this in the bag, the fact he has no real military forces aside from the HK-50s means that he quite simply won't show up for the major battles, while Grievous and Revan are slugging it out, G0-T0 will quietly be setting up the deaths of his opponents.

It's tough to take on an opponent that is operating by totally different set of rules than you are.
True on both accounts. I don't think it really matters who wins the battle, because G0-T0 can simply eliminate the victor. He doesn't operate in the same way these guys do. They just don't have the tools to deal with an opponent like G0-T0. They'll be fighting on his terms, not their own.

MasterMe
01.22.2013 , 06:47 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
True on both accounts. I don't think it really matters who wins the battle, because G0-T0 can simply eliminate the victor. He doesn't operate in the same way these guys do. They just don't have the tools to deal with an opponent like G0-T0. They'll be fighting on his terms, not their own.
G0-T0 certainly operates differently, but I don't think that's the reason he has a appearent advantage. His biggest advantage comes from not being a part of the war and abstaining.

I think if it was just Revan vs G0-T0 or Greivous vs G0-T0 that it could be a different fight.

Also, if G0-T0 can't have the victor of Revan or Greivous assassinated right after the battle, then he loses a big part of that advantage. He has to get them killed very quickly after their victory.

Question: what is G0-T0's proposed way of having Revan assassinated? How will he accomplish this?

Warren-Stride
01.22.2013 , 07:34 AM | #249
Question: What is G0-T0's proposed way of having Revan assassinated? How will he accomplish this?
Uhhh.... Well, there are like 5 senarios G0-T0 supporters have thought up.....

I think the most probable will be the final confrontation. Grievous and Revan have one giant space battle over... where ever. It might be because G0-T0 nudged them in that direction, or it could be where the war eventually ends up. Either way, G0-T0 knows what's going down and comes to join the party. G0-T0 enacts the gravity well, which is on his stealthed yacht, to keep both trapped and fighting to the death. G0-T0 and/or his forces board both flagships during the fray (using his stealthed yacht) and sabotauge the vessels. The Zhug Brothers and G0-T0's personal droids could pull this off. Meanwhile, G0-T0 sends strike teams of Ubese assassins, HK-50s, and Gand to the bridges of both vessels. Last time Revan was "killed" when his ship was fired upon while battling a small strike team. The same could happen again. Or, his ship could be blown up by the sabotaugers. Grievous might be able to destroy the strike team sent after him (might) but G0-T0 has the fail-safe of just exploding that ship as well. And with the gravity well enacted, even if either of them somehow manage to esacape, they won't be able to leave anytime soon. The raging battle could just destroy whatever escape pod/ new ship they flee to.

Hence G0-T0 can take them both out in one fell swoop.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride
01.22.2013 , 07:56 AM | #250
Question: What is G0-T0's proposed way of having Revan assassinated? How will he accomplish this?
Counter Question: What is Revan's proposed way of having G0-T0 killed? How will he accomplish this?
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?