Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Airmo
01.18.2013 , 11:27 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It is a war between powerbases, and the trillions of droids is Grievous' powerbase. Take away that then you may as well deprive G0-T0 of his HK-50's and Revan of his Dark Jedi.
I'm not saying he should have his army taken away just the HUGE numbers it has.
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Wolfninjajedi
01.18.2013 , 11:28 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
He's one of the most powerful leaders of the Exchange, which was much more than just one planet. They were rivals with the Hutt Cartel. It wasn't some gang. It was THE Exchange, feared and respected throughout the galaxy. For proof look at Taris and Telos. Even Coruscant. He did not operate "just" out of Nar Shaddaa.
Yes he did, Nar Shadda was his powerbase. Thats where he operated from, there were several leaders of the Exchange one of which was G0-T0

"The Exchange maintained organized cells on various worlds of interest; each of those planetary cells was led by a single boss who ruled over Exchange interests on that world. Some Exchange bosses were Davik Kang, the crime lord of the planet Taris, Loppak Slusk of Telos IV, and Goto of Nar Shaddaa. "

In this, G0-T0 has just his powerbase which is Nar Shadda and he can't have help from the other Exchange bosses. The actual leader of the Exchange was just known as "The Compeer"
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StarSquirrel
01.18.2013 , 11:29 PM | #103
Well then, Did we miss anything pertaining to this Kaggath? Anyone have a wild and insane way Revan could win for me to shoot to peices ?

I think the greatest tragedy of this series is that some really good contestants just meet that one opponent or situation that just perfectly counters them. Sadly I think this is just a bad situation for both Revan and GG.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 11:31 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Airmo View Post
I'm not saying he should have his army taken away just the HUGE numbers it has.
But that is his army. Numbers are all he has. He needs those droids, each and every one of them. Look at the Clone War. Even with the trillions, he wasn't able to completely eradicate the Republic. Though this can be contributed to the leadership of the Jedi, the skill and numbers of the clones, and Palpatine's involvement.

He needs those droids. We have had to deal with unfair advantages in past battles (Malachor for example). It just takes the right tools to overcome it. Take the next battle (Exar Kun vs. Traya vs. Xizor). Kun will overcome Malachor.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Warren-Stride
01.18.2013 , 11:33 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes but the Exchange is ran by different guys, not just 1 person. G0-T0 operates just on Nar Shadda, that is his power base which means he can't get help from any of the other Exchanges bosses.
That's true. BUT, G0-T0 was one of the most powerful Excahnge bosses. Which means he has access to its resources.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visquis

Look at the first sentence under Biography. One of the MOST IMPORTANT.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange

Read up on the Exchange, it was probably the most powerful or its time. And go to the G0-T0 sections, where it clearly states that he had influence over other worlds in the Republic. He was not confined to Nar Shaddaa.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi
01.18.2013 , 11:35 PM | #106
That's true. BUT, G0-T0 was one of the most powerful Excahnge bosses. Which means he has access to its resources.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Visquis

Look at the first sentence under Biography. One of the MOST IMPORTANT.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Exchange

Read up on the Exchange, it was probably the most powerful or its time. And go to the G0-T0 sections, where it clearly states that he had influence over other worlds in the Republic. He was not confined to Nar Shaddaa.
I never said G0-T0 was confined to Nar Shadda, just stating that is where his main power is. If that gets taken away from him, then he is lost a huge chunk of power.

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 11:36 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Well then, Did we miss anything pertaining to this Kaggath? Anyone have a wild and insane way Revan could win for me to shoot to peices ?

I think the greatest tragedy of this series is that some really good contestants just meet that one opponent or situation that just perfectly counters them. Sadly I think this is just a bad situation for both Revan and GG.
Hey now! I'll demolish any support for Revan (probably in a less classy way) too!

Unfortunately, you are right. Poor Revan came up against Traya. Malgus couldn't overcome Xizor. Exar Kun easily dispatched Naga Sadow. I think we all knew such match-ups would happen eventually, but it is sad to see.
Added Chapter 56 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Warren-Stride
01.18.2013 , 11:36 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes he did, Nar Shadda was his powerbase. Thats where he operated from, there were several leaders of the Exchange one of which was G0-T0

"The Exchange maintained organized cells on various worlds of interest; each of those planetary cells was led by a single boss who ruled over Exchange interests on that world. Some Exchange bosses were Davik Kang, the crime lord of the planet Taris, Loppak Slusk of Telos IV, and Goto of Nar Shaddaa. "

In this, G0-T0 has just his powerbase which is Nar Shadda and he can't have help from the other Exchange bosses. The actual leader of the Exchange was just known as "The Compeer"
I understand this. Hence why G0-T0 doesn't have Davik Kung. But that doesn't mean he can't draw on the Exchange, as a whole, and its resources. He's a very important leader in the organization, he can obvioucly draw from its funds.

By your logic, that's like saying Grievous doesn't have the CIS. Just the droid army, and no planets or infastructure. In a Kaggath, a full out war, G0-T0 would be able to draw credits from the Exchange, his organization.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi
01.18.2013 , 11:39 PM | #109
I understand this. Hence why G0-T0 doesn't have Davik Kung. But that doesn't mean he can't draw on the Exchange, as a whole, and its resources. He's a very important leader in the organization, he can obvioucly draw from its funds.

By your logic, that's like saying Grievous doesn't have the CIS. Just the droid army, and no planets or infastructure. In a Kaggath, a full out war, G0-T0 would be able to draw credits from the Exchange, his organization.
That would mean, he would be drawing indirectly from the other bosses of the Exchange who aren't involved in the battle. Now I dunno if that is allowed, but it is actually getting help from the other bosses though not in a direct way.

StarSquirrel
01.18.2013 , 11:40 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Hey now! I'll demolish any support for Revan (probably in a less classy way) too!

Unfortunately, you are right. Poor Revan came up against Traya. Malgus couldn't overcome Xizor. Exar Kun easily dispatched Naga Sadow. I think we all knew such match-ups would happen eventually, but it is sad to see.
The Sadow vs Kun thread... I know I voted for Kun, but every time I read another reason Sadow would lose I died a little on the inside.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."