Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Does SWTOR have GM's?

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.18.2013 , 04:30 PM | #1
I've never seen one in game or seen one post in any chat (i.e. General chat). General chat has become extremely bad ever since FTP went live. The starting planets are even worse. At anytime you can go to a starting planet and see racial slurs, sexual comments, and other immature conversation constantly. I play many MMO's and can honestly say that SWTOR chat is far worse than even WoW trade chat, or even the old barrens chat.

It is time for something to be done about this Bioware. I have reported people, left and right, for slurs and other inappropriate conversations. I would mention them specifically, but they are so vulgar and some filled with such racial hatred that I choose not.

I think I know the answer to my question, and sadly it is no -- that you do not have GM's. If you did there is no way that this problem could have ever become so bad.

TL/DR:

Time to hire a GM and start cleaning up the starting world and General chats.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

HiltoftheDragon's Avatar


HiltoftheDragon
01.18.2013 , 04:52 PM | #2
The ignore function is your friend. You might as well start using it because the GMs, if they exist, and i dont think they do, wont do a thing about it.
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

Darka's Avatar


Darka
01.18.2013 , 05:05 PM | #3
Make a new chat channel, remove general and move on

Its like complaining about whats on the TV with the remote in your hand and refusing to change the channel
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM - Gaming Community Est 2006
Information
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

pooks's Avatar


pooks
01.18.2013 , 05:06 PM | #4
I had to actually call them long distance and spoke with their technical support people who escalated my ticket. Soon after the douchebag was silenced.
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

Klarick's Avatar


Klarick
01.18.2013 , 06:51 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
Make a new chat channel, remove general and move on

Its like complaining about whats on the TV with the remote in your hand and refusing to change the channel
Oh I see. So just ignore the fact that SWTOR has a huge community control problem?
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

SNCommand's Avatar


SNCommand
01.18.2013 , 06:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
I had to actually call them long distance and spoke with their technical support people who escalated my ticket. Soon after the douchebag was silenced.
Probably got death stared
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
01.18.2013 , 07:19 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
I've never seen one in game or seen one post in any chat (i.e. General chat). General chat has become extremely bad ever since FTP went live. The starting planets are even worse. At anytime you can go to a starting planet and see racial slurs, sexual comments, and other immature conversation constantly. I play many MMO's and can honestly say that SWTOR chat is far worse than even WoW trade chat, or even the old barrens chat.
I don't know what servers you play on with both games, but my goodness that isn't true. It's mostly the same. I've never seen a GM pop into WoW chat in 7 years either. People that trolled General on my server are still there after YEARS.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Rankyn's Avatar


Rankyn
01.18.2013 , 08:10 PM | #8
Report, Ignore, and move on.

They'll never get all that stuff out of chat and odds are that even when they do take action against someone, it won't be immediate.

I'm not saying that bad behavior should just be ignored because you should definitely submit a ticket if you're being harassed, but they've also given you a tool to remove that person from your chat visibility and you're expected to use it if you're bothered by what's being said.