Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Could the Death Star destroy the One Ring?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Could the Death Star destroy the One Ring?

Chaloss
01.23.2013 , 12:46 AM | #31
I think it could, but biggest problem would be scoring direct hit on such a small object. LOTR has nothing anywhere near to same destructive power as that laser. As of that Phrik, I am going to assume it was not actually hit by the laser and rather survived destruction of the world which are two different things.

Lord_Karsk
01.23.2013 , 02:15 AM | #32
Darth Cardus would just use the shatter point tecnique to destroy the ring in case the death star failed.

SgtSlacker
01.23.2013 , 02:34 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
he has physical form during lord of the ring series - the eye is just a metaphore that Jackson twisted into some horrible idea that we have seen in the movies. I will refrain from commenting the rest of it because this whole topic is more like one of those that younglings make: what if son goku fight with supermannnn.
Interesting point about Sauron now i have to read the books( been like 10 years or something) also the younglings need not fight anymore http://www.screwattack.com/shows/ori...ku-vs-superman
Don't try to trick me with your facts and logic.

legolegion
01.23.2013 , 05:29 PM | #34
another question is if does surivie what would empoer paltine make of it

KEKHAN
01.24.2013 , 05:08 PM | #35
While they said the 'Fires' or Heat or whatever in the Movies I remember reading that the Ring had to be dropped into the 'Cracks of Doom' inside the Volcano it wasn't to be melted by fire, but that would have been pretty dumb in the film.

Solohobbit
01.24.2013 , 07:35 PM | #36
This is simple. The One Ring was forged by Saurmon in the fires of Mt Doom. It can only be destroyed by the fires of mount doom. However, The DEATH STAR CAN BLOW UP MIDDLE EARTH !

So simply put, DEATH STAR ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.
LAUGH IT UP FUZZBALL

vactus
01.25.2013 , 12:21 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Solohobbit View Post
This is simple. The One Ring was forged by Saurmon in the fires of Mt Doom. It can only be destroyed by the fires of mount doom. However, The DEATH STAR CAN BLOW UP MIDDLE EARTH !

So simply put, DEATH STAR ARE YOU FRICKIN KIDDING ME ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.
You haven't read this thread have you? Or you know, know anything about LOTR lore?
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Peacekeeper | International Guild

Zoiks
01.25.2013 , 04:50 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by vactus View Post
You haven't read this thread have you? Or you know, know anything about LOTR lore?
Mt. Doom can destroy The One Ring.
Deathstar can destroy Mt. Doom.
therefore
Deathstar can destroy The One Ring.

also

Borg can assimilate planets.
Deathstar is the size of a small moon.
therefore
Borg can assimilate Deathstar.

So the Borg go to Middle-Earth, assimilate ring technology, create invisible ringwraith borg to speed along the assimilation of the Deathstar, create hundreds of transwarp Deathstars and eliminate all of the core, rim, and outrim worlds as well as the alpha quadrant. Thereby saving us all from a future with more Abrams' Star Wars and Star Trek movies. That or we send a t-800 from the future to get him....either way.

Lagboot
01.25.2013 , 09:15 AM | #39
Here is why the answer is "yes". The Deathstar can completely destroy the planet (i assume its called mid earth right?) the LOTR is based on. So there ya go. With no world and no beings or anything left, the ring becomes useless and powerless. Since Saurens link to mid earth is destroyed, he has zero power over it. The ring can now be destroyed.
End of Line...
Do, or do not............there is no try.

vandev
01.25.2013 , 11:55 AM | #40
The two lores, star wars and lotr, are very different. Star wars shy's away from the divine and combines technology with a deeper reality (the force). Lotr embraces the divine. Illutuvar created all things, the universe, the spirits and creatures. Nothing happened on middle earth that was not part of IIutuvar's plan. If the deathstar was meant to destroy middle earth, it would. But if Illutuvar had a different plan....then well probably an ignorant farm boy with no real flying skills would shoot a little tiny rocket through an equally tiny hole and destroy a planetoid!

While the force is a powerful ally, the divine is well divine.