Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Darkness Waits

Aurbere
04.02.2013 , 02:19 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
I suppose it was really a rhetorical question; I would be disappointed if you just told me, haha.

You had said that this portion of the story was a set-up for the Master's plans, so is the next segment going to focus on his execution of whatever diabolical plot he has cooked up?
Basically, everything has led to the next installment. Centuries of planning and manipulations have culminated in this war. Everything The Master has done has led to this war. It's going to be epic.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Ventessel
04.02.2013 , 07:14 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Basically, everything has led to the next installment. Centuries of planning and manipulations have culminated in this war. Everything The Master has done has led to this war. It's going to be epic.
I guess I'm a little unclear on the sides involved. It's basically the Chiss Ascendancy plus some Hutt allies the Master has against the Galactic Alliance?
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
Kaggath Brawl: Round One Round Two
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Aurbere
04.02.2013 , 09:05 PM | #63
I guess I'm a little unclear on the sides involved. It's basically the Chiss Ascendancy plus some Hutt allies the Master has against the Galactic Alliance?
I won't say anything, but it is much more than that. Trust me.
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Aurbere
04.05.2013 , 03:24 PM | #64
Here it is- the Epilogue!

Epilogue

Defender-class shuttle- Csilla- Csaplar- Spaceport

Jadec sat down in the captain's chair in the cockpit. He felt like a prisoner of the Jedi now. He still couldn't wrap his head around what they had told him. Was The Harbinger's father truly a sadistic madman? And was she working to further his goals? He didn't know what to think of it. He had been in some rough spots over the years, but now he was mixed up in a grand conspiracy to take over the galaxy! And he knew that his part in this wasn't over.

He heard the clunking of Jaina's boots on the durasteel floor as she entered the cockpit. She sat down in one of the chairs to his right. "Listen. I know you were attached to that girl." She spoke in an almost innocent tone. "But you have to understand that she is an agent of The Master. The Master wants to take over the galaxy, and she was helping him."

Jadec leaned forward and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah, I get that. That's the second time you've told me." He let out a long sigh and leaned back. He examined the young Jedi. Her skin was fair, and her dark brown hair hung on her shoulders. She looked at him with curiosity. "I can tell when someone wants something from me, so what is it?"

Jaina pointed to the navicomputer behind her. "Before my battle with your friend, I discovered something peculiar on this ship's navicomputer- a coordinate for an area on the fringes on unmapped space. I believe The Master may be there."

Jadec nodded, predicting what she would say next. "And you want me to take you there. Why not take your own ship?" He inquired.

"Because this ship will give us the element of surprise. He will not expect us to steal his ship." She knew that was false, but she couldn't afford any delay. She had to stop The Master as soon as possible.

Jadec sighed again. "Fine, I guess returning this ship would be the only way to repay my debt to her father anyway."

Jaina stood up out of the chair. "Good. Alert me when we are there." She walked out of the cockpit. She looked back, watching Jadec punch in the coordinates.

She couldn't afford to delay anymore. This was her only chance to stop The Master before he began a new war. She could not fail.

The Herald of Death- Bridge

The Master's eyes wandered into space, watching the dancing lights of the many stars. He had once enjoyed stargazing, but that was back when he was a Jedi Master. Back before Lord Hoth created the Army of Light. Before all of this. Where did the time go? The memory of his final stand on Cinnagar was still fresh in his mind. The corpses of his fellow Jedi outnumbered by fallen Sith Lords.

His final days as a Jedi, battling the Brotherhood of Darkness on Ruusan remained a strong memory. He remembered the valiant Lord Hoth falter when forced to walk into Lord Kaan's trap. He remembered taking control of Hoth's mind and forcing him to his death, an act that he did not regret. After the war, The Master vanished from the galaxy, becoming a legend for his actions on Cinnagar. But his legend soon became over-inflated by young Jedi who wished to fight the battles that he fought. But his legendary actions eventually became myth, remembered by only a few. At the onset of the Clone Wars, only Jedi Grand Master Yoda knew of The Master's legacy.

The galaxy had forgotten him as a Jedi. But they would remember The Master, he would make sure of that. The time for waiting was over, it was now time for action. The Darkness surrounding him billowed, red lightning cracked, and the shadows darkened. The Master was ready. It was time to begin his war anew... and take revenge on the Jedi.

So that's it. I want to thank you all for reading, and thanks for the feedback. The next installment is going to be great.

As a 'thank you' for reading and providing feedback, I would like to present an early draft of a short excerpt from the next installment.

Excerpt from 'The Shadows Fall'

Coruscant- Gilad Pellaeon Memorial Hospital- Mental Ward

Luke Skywalker entered the reception area of the Mental Ward of Gilad Pellaeon Memorial Hospital. There were no visitors to be seen, only a lone receptionist stood behind a desk in the pristine white room.

The receptionist was a beautiful young woman, who must have just been hired. She was of slight build, though she was nearly Luke's height. Her black hair was tied back by a ribbon, and her blue eyes looked over to him through rounded glasses.

"Master Skywalker!" She said waving him over. "I heard that you may be on your way."

Luke approached the desk, placing his hands on the warm durasteel. "Yes, I am here to see Nek Bwua'tu."

The receptionist typed something in on the small datapad she was holding, while she stepped out from behind the desk. "Of course. The transmission from the Chief of State's office said that you were here to see him. Before we go, I should warn you that his mind is severely damaged, but remains intact enough for him to ramble about some sort of dagger and Coruscant." The receptionist turned toward the door at the far end of the waiting area, waving for him to follow.

Luke followed her through the door labeled 'Mental Ward.' He had been sent by Chief of State Wynn Dorvan to help the Admiral recover from his experience with The Master. Luke had told him that other Jedi were better Jedi healers than he, but Dorvan insisted.

The receptionist stopped at a silver door labeled 'Bwua'tu' on her left. "He's in there. If you can, please help him. No one else has been able to."

Luke knew it was no coincidence that Bwua'tu would be untreatable. The Master had used his dark powers to remove a powerful obstacle from his path, no medicine could cure the shadow that had fallen over him. Luke only hoped that he could salvage the Admiral's mind.

Luke entered the chamber. There was only a flat bed to speak of, with the Admiral cowering behind it, shaking in fear. The Admiral's graying fur was thinning, his eyes darkened, but wide with perpetual terror. Images were scrawled on the wall, all of them resembling some sort of dagger.

Nek quickly leapt up, waving Luke over with his left hand and pointing at the largest image with his right. "The dagger! Black as the void! It will stab into Coruscant, and destroy everything." The Admiral's ramblings were ineligible to some, but Luke knew what it was.

The Master planned to strike Coruscant and possibly destroy the planet.

Alright, so there we go. Something to look forward to. Keep on the lookout for The Shadows Fall. The Prologue will be posted soon.

Ventessel
04.05.2013 , 06:07 PM | #65
Oh, Admiral Bwu'atu, up to mischief again. Over in my fic, he's plotting a Civil War. Seems like things don't turn out so well for him down the road...
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Aurbere
04.05.2013 , 08:06 PM | #66
Oh, Admiral Bwu'atu, up to mischief again. Over in my fic, he's plotting a Civil War. Seems like things don't turn out so well for him down the road...
Like things were good for him already? Lol.

Ventessel
04.05.2013 , 08:27 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Like things were good for him already? Lol.
Well, canonically, he wound up as CNO and was fine until he got jumped by assassins. Even then, he was still kicking... of course in my timeline he's forsworn his oath to the Alliance and returned to his homeworld, so he's kind of betting the farm at this point.

I'm not sure which timeline has got him in worse trouble, actually.