Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifact Authorization Unlock(Account) Bugged?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Artifact Authorization Unlock(Account) Bugged?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JellyPatootie
01.18.2013 , 08:31 AM | #1
Hi~ My friend bought an artifact authorization unlock for her whole account from another user for a large amount of credits. Took her a lot of time and effort to pay the price and has two characters at that time.
After the update of being able to buy character slots, she bought one unlock and then created one new character, since she has reached max with her main, she decided to make a new character. And now that she has created one, she can't seem to use any of the purple items. Same as her other character.
What did go wrong? ; A ;

Beesodd
01.18.2013 , 08:37 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi JellyPatootie,

Could you post up a charactername (and corresponding server) for your friend?

There have been issues with different unlocks bought through the GTN in the past, and I wish to check if there's any correllation with those ones.

Also, ouch my eyes.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Ericfx
01.18.2013 , 08:47 AM | #3
Hello, I also am having the same problem as the OP. I bought the Artifact Unlock through the GTN on my other account while being F2P and it says I already know that on that character. But sure enough I can't equip any artifact gear still. Ive sent the unlock to all my characters with the same result

My characters name, Laxious, Drominos, Dartax... server Prophecy of the Five

Beesodd
01.18.2013 , 09:39 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks Ericfx,

Just to help information gathering, does the icon for the unlock look ok? Or is it blacked out and missing the Cartel coin symbol?

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Kegparty
01.18.2013 , 09:43 AM | #5
Just to add the ones that didnt work for my f2p account:

Had cartel symbol
Blacked out but I thought that was a bug
For some reason where stack-able but the real ones did not stack.

Beesodd
01.18.2013 , 09:51 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks Kegparty,

That looks to be the issue I suspected above. It's to do with a change in items' stackability that went through. A small number of them didn't react as expected to this, leading to this issue. Could you post the affected character and server on your FTP account?

Ericfx, which character has the unlock in their account now?

Ericfx
01.18.2013 , 11:10 AM | #7
RIght now Laxious has the item. And yea its blacked out.

Beesodd
01.18.2013 , 11:30 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks Ericfx, those details have been added, and this will be looked at as soon as possible. There is a bit of a backlog at the moment, though, so it might be a few days (unfortunately I don't have an ETA).

JellyPatootie
01.18.2013 , 03:05 PM | #9
Oh, ahha, sorry about that. I'll stop. > u <

The toon who used the unlock was named Kathrine in the Dalborra server. And she told me she couldn't remember much of the details of the unlock. She does remember that it wasn't blacked out(since she could use it[and she already did]), had (Account) after the name, but wasn't sure about the cartel symbol(she just used it as soon as she got it).

Also, she could use artifact-grade equipment on Kathrine, but she couldn't use it on any of her alts for some reason.

Vithalor
01.18.2013 , 04:43 PM | #10
My roommate is also having an issue with this.

Two days ago he purchased the Chiss Racial Unlock off the GTN and when he attempted to click and use it, it told him that the Chiss race was already unlocked.... Only, it isn't. It's not showing up as unlocked on his Legacy page and if he attempts to make, say, a Chiss Jedi Knight, he cannot.

His character name is Rayd¨s and he is on the Ebon Hawk Server and the Chiss Unlock is currently sitting in his Cargo Bay.

Thank you very much for any info or help on this.