Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Selfmade 3D Lightsaber

Ailie
02.05.2013 , 10:32 PM | #11
:/

I kinda echo Prysha's concern, it looks awesome but in terms of combat it likely wouldn't work. Part of the dual saber combat technique is to change grips constantly. A hilt with a guard like that would likely become a hindrance more than a help
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Prysha
02.06.2013 , 07:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cowflab View Post
Similar to this with a double blade. The handguards are just pieces of metal that cover the normal hand placement area but allow for a strike with the hilt.

http://mousiedroid.tripod.com/Hilt/S...ddon_Large.GIF

Try this if first link doesn't work.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=light...1&tx=53&ty=135

Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
:/

I kinda echo Prysha's concern, it looks awesome but in terms of combat it likely wouldn't work. Part of the dual saber combat technique is to change grips constantly. A hilt with a guard like that would likely become a hindrance more than a help
Mhh i still am experimenting with this idea but my character lacks mobility with a double-blade guarded saber ;(

any idea how we can solve this? oO
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Ailie
02.06.2013 , 07:41 PM | #13
Lacks mobility? Erm, how....?

Prysha
02.07.2013 , 08:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Lacks mobility? Erm, how....?
ive made a prototype version of a handguarded doubleblade lightsaber but now she cant so alot with it...
it is as you described.. my character ( vyra ) has problems with the grip change and stuff oO
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!

Ailie
02.07.2013 , 08:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
ive made a prototype version of a handguarded doubleblade lightsaber but now she cant so alot with it...
it is as you described.. my character ( vyra ) has problems with the grip change and stuff oO
Yeah see that's why I was a bit iffy about the idea of adding a guard at all. If you wanted to have a hand guard you'd be better incorporating it into the gloves rather than the blade. Especially given that a good wielder will let the hilt roll over the back of their hand... The only thing I could think to do would be to make over sized guards with lots of room that could actually act as another form of handhold... if that makes sense

Leiluxe
02.13.2013 , 06:27 AM | #16
Ok, I rarely comment on art but these are just amazing.

I'm literally in awe that someone can casually make something that awesome during server maintenance. =X

Prysha
02.16.2013 , 03:21 AM | #17
Thank you ^_^