Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If Bioware doesn't get New Zealand folks in before launch, they are breaking the law

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If Bioware doesn't get New Zealand folks in before launch, they are breaking the law

Cormey
12.13.2011 , 01:01 PM | #12
It'd all get thrown out the second bioware/EA tells them that they're not officially selling to new zealand and this was something the purchaser knew.

Tell your freind to enjoy covering their lawyers fees.
Syff, Suder, Lieutenant Lonn, Captain Maureen.
Tassitan, Darth Vandicus, Agent Cormoran, Marin.
Blazerunner legacy, Lord Adraas server

The sees all

Amythiel
12.13.2011 , 01:01 PM | #13
They aren't even distributing the game in New Zealand you dork. If you got the game you had to get it trough an US retailer.

Quineverre
12.13.2011 , 01:01 PM | #14
I thought it was only sold for US en EU? How do they have to uphold a law of a country that was banned from buying the ability to get in game early anyway?

Apocalypsezero
12.13.2011 , 01:01 PM | #15
Well as Bioware has til the 20th of Dec. I don't think they have anything to worry about.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Rumm
12.13.2011 , 01:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by jontyld View Post
Early game access is a free program available to people who pre-ordered (ie, put a deposit on) the video game that is released on the 20th. I don't think that legally speaking anyone has actually purchased the game yet.
Except how it isn't free, as we paid a 5 dollar pre-order charge. If you don't get in free, they took your money and didn't give you the service, which is against the law :]

Not saying that's how its going to play out, just saying its what can happen.

CorranTyev
12.13.2011 , 01:01 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Quineverre View Post
I thought it was only sold for US en EU? How do they have to uphold a law of a country that was banned from buying the ability to get in game early anyway?
OP fails.
INDIGNATION
Republic || Hardcore PvP || Casual PvE || Mature || US West

[Website] [Recruitment Thread] [Apply]

Solusrath
12.13.2011 , 01:02 PM | #18
Considering that its covered in the EULA, and that Bioware isnt a New Zealand based company, I'm quite sure they arent the least bit concerned with this.

I mean seriously, what is NZ gonna do? Send troops into EA HQ in the states? Please.
First in, last out

Eclio
12.13.2011 , 01:03 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by PrimeRadiant View Post
Have a friend who said that if they don't get you in they break their Consumer Guarantees Act and the law.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/c...guarantees-act

He was saying even WoW was afraid on pre-order launching do to this act.
Take it to a court of law (or laywer). See what happens, genius.

Amythiel
12.13.2011 , 01:03 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rumm View Post
Except how it isn't free, as we paid a 5 dollar pre-order charge. If you don't get in free, they took your money and didn't give you the service, which is against the law :]

Not saying that's how its going to play out, just saying its what can happen.
It is free. The $5 is a down-payment for the GAME, not a payment for the pre-order. The $5 you paid during pre-order will be subtracted from the full price of the game when you go pick up and pay for the game.