Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

If Bioware doesn't get New Zealand folks in before launch, they are breaking the law

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
If Bioware doesn't get New Zealand folks in before launch, they are breaking the law

PrimeRadiant
12.13.2011 , 12:52 PM | #1
Have a friend who said that if they don't get you in they break their Consumer Guarantees Act and the law.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/c...guarantees-act

He was saying even WoW was afraid on pre-order launching do to this act.

Zannis
12.13.2011 , 12:55 PM | #2
Worst case scenario: Bioware stops selling it's products in New Zealand. I don't know why you would want this.

Tmanarl
12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #3
Are you trying to get an entire country banned from playing?
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Cinnagar 65 Sith Sorcerer | Viceptus 67 Sith Sorcerer | Calvaria 65 Sith Assassin | Shiian 65 Sith Juggernaut | Rolorra 65 Sith Marauder
Sevri 65 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Maris 70 Imperial Operative
Leelu 65 Jedi Sage | Mallavik: 65 Jedi Shadow | Brénn: 65 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 65 Jedi Sentinal | Lumanni: 65 Smuggler Scoundrel

Jestunhi
12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #4
I'm sorry, a link the the frontpage of some info on a law is worthless.

Exactly which part of that website would be breached? And wouldn't it be the distributer who is required to get you the goods ontime, not the developer?

jontyld
12.13.2011 , 12:57 PM | #5
Early game access is a free program available to people who pre-ordered (ie, put a deposit on) the video game that is released on the 20th. I don't think that legally speaking anyone has actually purchased the game yet.

bigoldbear
12.13.2011 , 12:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PrimeRadiant View Post
Have a friend who said that if they don't get you in they break their Consumer Guarantees Act and the law.

http://www.consumer.org.nz/reports/c...guarantees-act

He was saying even WoW was afraid on pre-order launching do to this act.
I have a friend who claims he was in the SAS...

Khanaris
12.13.2011 , 12:59 PM | #7
Op if you even read the terms of use they can choose to deny or withhold service for ANY reason. You agree to this contract by buying the game. They're completely covered. You just pay for the renting of their program and access to their servers.

Takanada
12.13.2011 , 12:59 PM | #8
Early Access is a priviledge, not a right. December 20th is the release date. They did not have to allow ANYONE from ANYWHERE access to an unreleased product.

HouseMcCune
12.13.2011 , 01:00 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bigoldbear View Post
I have a friend who claims he was in the SAS...
I told you that was a secret bro!
Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. *I'm* in it for the money.

C.E. 7.21.11: First Wave, D-day -7

slavallee
12.13.2011 , 01:00 PM | #10
ahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahha