Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvPers, which do you prefer MORE: OWPvP/Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvPers, which do you prefer MORE: OWPvP/Warzones?

Kroktar
12.21.2011 , 02:41 PM | #21
Warzones but i love all PVP...but im starting to hate the preamdes in my server i always queue solo, but its getting annoying that 70% of the WZ are "premades" of 4 guildies pvp and in some casses the 4 are 50.

Rhinoplat
12.21.2011 , 02:42 PM | #22
Open World PvP with guild cities that are able to be fought over. Without any assets to fight over, open world PvP has no meaning.

Geeo
12.21.2011 , 02:43 PM | #23
Dont we already have OPVP...Ilum?

Rhinoplat
12.21.2011 , 02:46 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Caustic View Post
I look at pvp as a sport and there's no competition in sport when you're outnumbered 2:1. I personally prefer to pvp as a team and the only level ground for that to happen is in WZ so that's what I personally prefer.

I've played plenty of opvp and don't get me wrong I have a blast with it. But when I can gauge my team's skill vs another and come out on top that is the most satisfying feeling for me.

Random open world encounters are fun as hell on smaller scales, but team pvp is where it's at for me.
There's where you went wrong.

What about those 5 on 20 times when your 5 wins. You can't gauge your success by that. I loved Shadowbane and I always will. If BioWare was ballsy enough they would implement Outlaw's Den on a few planets and allow guilds to build small cities there.

Rhinoplat
12.21.2011 , 02:48 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Dont we already have OPVP...Ilum?
LoL. Ilum is a zone. True Open World PvP is you know the whole server, where we could enter into the capital city of the opposing faction and crack some skulls.

No, sadly Ilum is not Open World PvP, it is only a large zoned PvP instance. The rule set for Outlaw's Den is the closest thing we have to open world PvP, but again that is a single zone. I would be satisfied if they opened up 5 other worlds that guilds could fight over.

Urothefox
12.21.2011 , 02:51 PM | #26
A little column A, a little column B.

For open world pvp, I enjoy cruising around looking for fights whether solo or in a small group. It can be fun and challenging. I do not like open world pvp where there is a massive zerg or the option to grief lower level characters. Furthermore, there needs to be a point. I'll get bored quickly otherwise.

Pvp in scenarios is likewise fun, whether you are running solo or in a premade. They can break up the monotony of pve.

FunkTroll
12.21.2011 , 02:54 PM | #27
empire lvl 27 BH, have not seen any OW pvp yet. I'm not sure if its due to function or the fact we have no republic on my sever. Either way I enjoy WZs but would like to see more OW pvp.

Golliwogs
12.21.2011 , 03:02 PM | #28
Now dont tar and feather me....buuut I think arenas would be a great additon and add another level of needed competition.

ianoox
12.21.2011 , 03:03 PM | #29
Open World PVP !

Thargrim
12.21.2011 , 03:04 PM | #30
I would say open world needs more of a priority, though I wouldnt mind seeing 1 more warzone.