Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvPers, which do you prefer MORE: OWPvP/Warzones?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvPers, which do you prefer MORE: OWPvP/Warzones?

Jargonaut
12.20.2011 , 01:38 PM | #11
Open world fighting as opposed to objectives
Mcpodd Stomp, Ithilmar's Chosen, Vengeance Juggernaut.

GlobalMMO.com - MyToons

DarthOvertone
12.20.2011 , 01:40 PM | #12
OWPvP all the way...

WZs are convenient when you can't find some OWPvP to do, but not nearly as satisfying.
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

origional
12.20.2011 , 01:53 PM | #13
Open World.

Yes it can suck when you are out numbered or there is a zerg on, but when it works its just friggin awsome in a way that scenarios can never ever be.

Scenarios can be good. Unfortunately not enough popped today for me to see if there are any good maps, but scenarios are ruined by premades.

Of course, if there is no balance (oh the puns we can have with THAT) between classes then it will be like wow, stunlock, death, res, repeat and just lead to a lot of rageing and nerfing and people not wanting to play.

Lets hope they get it right, that there are no 'class killers' and that fights last long enough for people to actually be able to play the game, instead of just a few one sided seconds.

Phaedrynn
12.20.2011 , 02:01 PM | #14
Open world, however...open world PvP rewards should NOT be individual rewards (or at least only marginally so). Make it something like...a 10% damage buff for the ENTIRE faction that controls a PvP world, for as long as they can hold it. Ad a second PvP world with a 10% healing buff for the faction that holds it. A third with a 10% XP gain buff, etc. When I say 'for the faction that holds it' I mean faction wide, everywhere. If Republic holds all 3, that level 1 alt that you just rolled is doing 10% more damage, 10% more healing, and gaining 10% more XP.

Watch people drop everything to defend their worlds. Watch masive battles take place. World PvP should be meaningful and have consequences...not just 'what shiny gear can *I* get out of it".

I rolled on a PvP server for world PvP. If I wanted to do battleground/warzone/cagefights, I could have just as easily rolled on a PvE server.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerion View Post
Well look at the bright side...if you quit SWTOR, you can spend time brushing up on spelling and punctuation.

sanctimonia
12.20.2011 , 02:32 PM | #15
I like both....but unfortunatly I have yet to see open world PvP.

I am a 26 SIA on Aldaran and I have only done a few quests there....but of the few I have done I have not seen 1 republic soilder out there in the World.

Anyone else int he same boat?

Perhapse it is just because the game launched just today.

alekm
12.20.2011 , 03:43 PM | #16
The only sith I have seen were while gathering datacrons on Tatooine

Livianicen
12.20.2011 , 03:50 PM | #17
Open World PvP, especially when supported by game design (giving out rewards, organising zones, objectives, city raids etc).

ChuckThePug
12.20.2011 , 03:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctimonia View Post
I like both....but unfortunatly I have yet to see open world PvP.

I am a 26 SIA on Aldaran and I have only done a few quests there....but of the few I have done I have not seen 1 republic soilder out there in the World.

Anyone else int he same boat?

Perhapse it is just because the game launched just today.
That's pretty much going to be your hot spot.

Camp the datacrons and make the enemy earn em.

LukeRPWalker
12.21.2011 , 02:38 PM | #19
90% OWPvP so far.

and.

"we are adding more warzones" is their answer when asked what are your plans for PvP in the future.

*********** golden, BW. Golden.

Pistols
12.21.2011 , 02:40 PM | #20
I see what u did thur