Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light or Dark?

elacyenwod
12.20.2011 , 04:51 PM | #21
I'm purposely being rebellious going through and trying to cause as much chaos as possible. I'm choosing options that mess with the empire as they're the establishment and that does require taking the occasional light side choice but I am heavily balanced on the dark side.

You can't unlock both darkside 1 and lightside 1 at the same time. darkside is negative lightside is positive. Example (lvl numbers might not be exact): If it requires 100 points to unlock LS 1, to go from darkside 1 to lightside 1 you would need 200 lightside to go from -100 to 100.

Kerbowa
12.20.2011 , 05:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
This

I follow specific rules on my BH. Whether they turn out LS or DS depends on the situation I'm in, but as of not I'm Light I

1. Always be pleasant to your employer
2. Never kill unless it's in the contract or in self defense
3. Always fill the contract as specified unless the moral weight of an alternate option justifies a last-minute change
I hate it when people put this into their "code"

You're basically saying, no double-crossing...unless if you want to!

Choose one, either take bribes or don't ever take bribes. I choose to take bribes, morality isn't part of it.

Either live by honor, credits, or morals. Choose. If you can't then you are no better then your blubbering target that begs for their life.
"Oh I'll take your bribe...if you pay me first" -anonymous Bounty Hunter

Kerbowa
12.20.2011 , 05:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by splooshIRL View Post
I strongly encourage you guys to check out the bounty hunter trilogy (about boba fett) from the SW universe.

I try to think, "what would boba do?" and it's super fun.

Things i'd like to mention to people @ low levels right now.

1) there is actually a point when my character says "i'm not imperial." Keep this in mind when you are playing your character, you cant be kicked off the sith team lol

2) try not to feel bad for the victims - in the BH books the prey often piss themselves in Slave 1 prison. lol

3) Kill your prey if they are slowing you down. I usually just freeze them or capture them, but one guy said he wouldn't come with me unless i freed more slaves. Boba doesn't do charity or add extra risk.

4) Lots of missions have nothing to do with BH'ing but try to keep reputation and politics in mind. Your reputation is everything.

5) if anyone crosses you, make them pay. More of the reputation. I negotiate with the ignorant, but if people outright attempt to kill or double cross me, they usually end up dead.

from following these concepts, i'm leaning light but mostly neutral.

i hate singleplayer games but this stuff is fun as hell (and i <3 BH's)
This.

Is called logic.

I approve.
"Oh I'll take your bribe...if you pay me first" -anonymous Bounty Hunter

splooshIRL
12.20.2011 , 06:07 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerbowa View Post
This.

Is called logic.

I approve.
I try to remain business-like but sometimes mocking a sith lord for his failures is great.... they come to us because they need us. Reminding them is awesome.
My got jets.
\o\ |o| /o/

Testosticore
12.20.2011 , 07:16 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by splooshIRL View Post
I try to remain business-like but sometimes mocking a sith lord for his failures is great.... they come to us because they need us. Reminding them is awesome.
+1 good sir

Hirowyn
12.20.2011 , 09:02 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
I follow specific rules on my BH. Whether they turn out LS or DS depends on the situation I'm in, but as of not I'm Light I

1. Always be pleasant to your employer
2. Never kill unless it's in the contract or in self defense
3. Always fill the contract as specified unless the moral weight of an alternate option justifies a last-minute change

Originally Posted by Kerbowa
I hate it when people put this into their "code"

You're basically saying, no double-crossing...unless if you want to!

Choose one, either take bribes or don't ever take bribes. I choose to take bribes, morality isn't part of it.

Either live by honor, credits, or morals. Choose. If you can't then you are no better then your blubbering target that begs for their life.
I choose to have my BH live in a world that is not black and white, and to behave as a complicated individual.

Yep, she's a bounty hunter and cares about credits, but she cares more about her crew, so will decline a bounty if they ask her to.
She places a great deal of value on her word and will almost always fill out her contract to the exclusion of all else... but not every time. She's a freaking Bounty Hunter! She has the freedom to allow for mitigating circumstances.

Her moral views get to be her own, not the Empire's, not Mako's, not pre-determined by the Force.
Being a BH gives you ultimate autonomy, and is a huge part of why I like the class

wahid
12.20.2011 , 10:31 PM | #27
I do what the employer hired me to do.

Pwny_Express
12.21.2011 , 07:20 AM | #28
My BH fulfills all contracts as specified; No questions asked. Other peoples' problems aren't my business. I only care about one person, and that's me. I just do what's best for business and leaving contracts unfulfilled doesn't get you hired for more jobs.

At the moment I find I enjoy taking jobs from Imperials. They generally pay well and pay on time. And in this economy a steady job is preferable to none at all.
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Better advice was never given.

blaquelotus
12.21.2011 , 07:42 AM | #29
I tend to follow this guideline:

1. Courtesy to Employers. Even if I think he/she is an *** (and in the Empire that's most of the time) they're writing my cheques and so deserve a certain level of social difference.

2. Consider reputation. By in large my Bounty Hunter is an ethical man. But in order to gain more employment I need my employers to know they can depend on me to get the job done right. So for me to alter the original intent of a contract there better be some benefit to my employer.

3. My "lady". I guess because my BH literally started the game with Mako I've grown attached to her. We've been through things together. So I really don't like doing things she disapproves of. I have to keep my professionalism up but I put real effort to holding my code and earning her respect. Gets tough sometimes but that's the point right?

4. No arbitrary cruelty. For me this goes along with professionalism. I'm not supposed to emotionally attached here so why "play" with my prey? Unless they're just strait up crazy, true scum, or named Tarro Blood I try to be as strait forward as possible.

I go by this and hold a pretty steady LS BH. I enjoy having to really think about my decisions. Gives them meaning.

Brockxz
12.21.2011 , 08:26 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by blaquelotus View Post
3. My "lady". I guess because my BH literally started the game with Mako I've grown attached to her. We've been through things together. So I really don't like doing things she disapproves of. I have to keep my professionalism up but I put real effort to holding my code and earning her respect. Gets tough sometimes but that's the point right?
Pretty much this is how I go and mostly my moral decisions in real life goes that way as Mako likes. That's also one of the reasons I chose BH as a class because of this companion.