Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

OrionSol
01.17.2013 , 06:48 PM | #1
Greetings Bioware

I bring you greetings from one your largest guild communities. THE JEDl ORDER community of guilds is a group of 5 RP guilds, boasting over 1,500 members. We run 2 Republic Guilds, and 3 Imperial guilds on Begeren Colony server.

As this Community's Leader, I wanted to bring our thoughts and feedback to you. We have had many debates and discussions about guild functionality and abilities and here are the suggestions.

1. Inter/intra guild communication.
A. Guild Email. This NEEDS to be implemented for large guild communities. In game ability to email the entire guild community would help with large scale organization and communication, especially for guilds with active populations at server cap.
B. Guild Alliances: We would like the ability to form an "Alliance" with a guild, and in effect MERGE their guild chats. Now, we understand the /cjoin method, but... frankly... it sucks. A more functional and easier to use option would be to allow guilds to "ally" with one another and merge their guild-chats as an option.

2. Guild War = Certainly, we can go to open world PVP zones, or flag /pvp all the time, but it would be nice if we could get an option to guild war, especially both inter and intra-faction
Sub-note, it would be nice to have guild war RANKING systems as well.

3. Guild Projects/Halls = Now, while I fully am pro-player housing, I understand Bioware is not really into it. At least not yet. However, I would like to ask that we guilds have a private area to do ceremonies, have tournaments, meet and greets and social events without being harassed by the inevitable 13 year old troll who is starving for attention from his mommy but can only get it in the form of harassment reports in game.

If we need to, we could buy &/or craft a structure, or whatever giving us a place to call home.

4. Display Ranks. - We would like the option to have guild ranks displayed as a title of sorts. Now, while we acknowledge that many guilds would abuse this by naming granting titles to people like "YourMomsPimp" and the like, we would suggest making guild titles only visible to .... guild members.

5. Raise the cap on membership. We have THE JEDl ORER guild at server cap - with all members having logged in within the last 30 days or so. We need room for more members.

Thank you in advance for whatever consideration you give these suggestions.

Or-ion Sol
Community Founder
THE JEDl ORDER community of guilds
www.jediswtor.com
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

Prysha
01.17.2013 , 07:00 PM | #2
i agree, Guild system needs improovements.
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

PoisonMyst
01.17.2013 , 08:20 PM | #3
Fantastic Ideas!
Afya Sanam

Prapcaster
01.17.2013 , 08:23 PM | #4
I agree 100% about the level cap. Once we wit 500 in our guilds what's next?? nothing. the guild is shot after that
Cudnith

CAMSTORM
01.17.2013 , 08:40 PM | #5
Greetings! I would like to echo each and every one of Or-ion's requests. He is the Founder of our Community of 5 Guilds and I am the current GM of THE JEDl ORDER.

My personal priorities are:
> Increasing the maximum number of Guild members. We CONSTANTLY have to trim members that haven't played in only a short time so that we can continue to recruit and bring in new blood. Not everyone should have to be a "hard core" player.
> A real and seamless Combined Guild Chat with the other Guilds in our "Community" of 5 Guilds. (Or, at least the ones in the same faction!)
> If not Player Housing.... at LEAST a Guild Headquarters! I could be "instanced" taking up NO actual real estate! It could even be "in orbit" around a given Planet. (Imagine the great views from large, panoramic view ports!) How about letting us DECORATE them?? (We'd even be willing to fork out Cartel Coins for the privilege!! $$$'S to BIOWARE!! )
> I have been collecting Lightsabers since game start in the hopes that someday I could display them somewhere on the interior of my ship.
> Chat Bubbles!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
> One last thing.... I'd REALLY like to be able to sit down somewhere other than the chairs on the bridge of my ship. I'm old. My poor feet and back are killing me! (So you've already shown us you can do it.....) So why not extend the same ability to the couches, chairs and bar stools located in Cantinas and other locations with furniture throughout the Galaxy!
Camulus Storm
Grand Master of THE JEDl ORDER
"There is always a bigger fish." ...Qui-Gon Jinn

OrionSol
01.17.2013 , 10:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by CAMSTORM View Post
Greetings! I would like to echo each and every one of Or-ion's requests. He is the Founder of our Community of 5 Guilds and I am the current GM of THE JEDl ORDER.

My personal priorities are:
> Increasing the maximum number of Guild members. We CONSTANTLY have to trim members that haven't played in only a short time so that we can continue to recruit and bring in new blood. Not everyone should have to be a "hard core" player.
> A real and seamless Combined Guild Chat with the other Guilds in our "Community" of 5 Guilds. (Or, at least the ones in the same faction!)
> If not Player Housing.... at LEAST a Guild Headquarters! I could be "instanced" taking up NO actual real estate! It could even be "in orbit" around a given Planet. (Imagine the great views from large, panoramic view ports!) How about letting us DECORATE them?? (We'd even be willing to fork out Cartel Coins for the privilege!! $$$'S to BIOWARE!! )
> I have been collecting Lightsabers since game start in the hopes that someday I could display them somewhere on the interior of my ship.
> Chat Bubbles!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
> One last thing.... I'd REALLY like to be able to sit down somewhere other than the chairs on the bridge of my ship. I'm old. My poor feet and back are killing me! (So you've already shown us you can do it.....) So why not extend the same ability to the couches, chairs and bar stools located in Cantinas and other locations with furniture throughout the Galaxy!
Chat Bubbles and chairs... oh my
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

Calhoun
01.17.2013 , 10:26 PM | #7
I fully* agree with what Orion is saying. This list of ideas can greatly enhance the game experience for everyone.

*With the small exception of the Guild War idea. Hey, we can't agree on everything, right? lol

- Jeggo
Join THE JEDl ORDER

Squadron 11-11-11 CE Pre-Order

BerakKelstar
01.17.2013 , 11:30 PM | #8
I agree. Having run one of the Sister guilds, we are very nearing cap. Some players can be booted, and I'm willing to kick those under 50 that have not played in the time our guild allots. But still, we are an active guild with a very active login rate. Also, I like the idea of a guild instance, guild hall, guild ship, or guild space station...anything, please! Also, it would be cool if you expanded the space combat to include guild members, if not in fleet formation, at least in different roles and functions on the ship.
“Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
-Gandalf the Grey to Frodo Baggins

ConradLionhart
01.17.2013 , 11:44 PM | #9
I really liked the guild levels from WoW, and they were supposed to introduce guild talents that you could spend in, but for some reason they took it out.
Level 50 Jedi Guardian

Expanded Companion System
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...6&postcount=28

Darkkender
01.17.2013 , 11:48 PM | #10
As the Current Leader of our counterpoint guild THE SlTH ORDER I can't begin to stress the importance of all the points listed by Or-ion. Please Bioware we are one community however we know there are many more guild communities in this game that would not only benefit from these features but would agree that these implementations are much needed.
It's hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.