Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

We need more variety, we need new PvP set bonuses

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
We need more variety, we need new PvP set bonuses

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.17.2013 , 04:16 AM | #1
If all Melee DPS are rolling vindicator set bonus, you know that something is wrong with other sets or people just dont have something else good to choose from.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DaedalusV's Avatar


DaedalusV
01.17.2013 , 04:22 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
If all Melee DPS are rolling vindicator set bonus, you know that something is wrong with other sets or people just dont have something else good to choose from.
Yeah, the weaponmaster set is a nice to have set (increases utility/defensive skills)
The vindicator 4 piece is a straight up 10% damage increase.
For a DPS based class, there really isn't any choice there.

I hope BW give more breath to pvp and pve setbonusses so that we get more choices for each role we want to play (not just for the warrior class)
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Aërwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
01.17.2013 , 06:20 AM | #3
couldnt agree more. Be nice to have more varity in our armour bonuses.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

wwkingms's Avatar


wwkingms
01.17.2013 , 06:40 AM | #4
i agree
NIHIL

THE BASTION

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.17.2013 , 07:02 AM | #5
I run vindicator on my assassin...I know it gives me absolutely no benefit but remember we are super mega crazy op with whatever spec we play so it really doesn't even matter.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.17.2013 , 07:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I run vindicator on my assassin...I know it gives me absolutely no benefit but remember we are super mega crazy op with whatever spec we play so it really doesn't even matter.
Cycao, despite having a different opinion, you seemed to be a person that prefered intelligent discussion to trolling attempts.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.17.2013 , 07:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Cycao, despite having a different opinion, you seemed to be a person that prefered intelligent discussion to trolling attempts.
Hey you said "everyone is using a vindicator set bonus" and I was just giving my two cents. To be cereal I have 3 different set bonuses and working on a fourth, I feel fine.

vimm's Avatar


vimm
01.17.2013 , 07:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Cycao, despite having a different opinion, you seemed to be a person that prefered intelligent discussion to trolling attempts.
A joke isn't a troll.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Cowflab's Avatar


Cowflab
01.17.2013 , 07:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I run vindicator on my assassin...I know it gives me absolutely no benefit but remember we are super mega crazy op with whatever spec we play so it really doesn't even matter.
That's because it has the set bonus that gives assassins the dreaded 31/31/31 spec. It's a little known secret, but very handy.

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
01.17.2013 , 08:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Hey you said "everyone is using a vindicator set bonus" and I was just giving my two cents. To be cereal I have 3 different set bonuses and working on a fourth, I feel fine.
Man has a point.

I only have 2 atm but am gonna have to work on Survivor's set bonus once I min/max the rest of my gear. bleh.

I DO wish that BW would just take set bonuses off of armor almost entirely. Make them earned by getting the appropriate armor, but then let us select whichever ones we want (perhaps making sure you still can only get a 4 piece set bonus if you have the 2 piece activated, never more than 2 set bonuses active at a time).

It would almost be the same as we have now, except I wouldn't be forced to use Tionese/Columi/Rakata shells if I want to use those set bonuses in PVE, and on the flip side scoundrel healers and gunslingers can get access to the better PVP set bonuses without either using BM shells, or now just being straight up SOL (it's counterproductive to use PVP armorings in PVE whereas a lot of min/maxers are already using two PVE armorings in PVP so using campaign/dread guard armorings with set bonuses isn't as counterproductive at first).

Sentinel set bonuses are pretty lackluster in PVP and PVE though so that should be addressed in following patches. I expect the expansion may finally see new set bonuses. We'll see.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd