Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP gear in PvE

Przemo_No
01.17.2013 , 08:01 AM | #11
Meh,
I do not agree...
i run ops with my WH/BH gear and have no issues with them.. no one kicks me out whatsoever...
Did few HMs and despite some unavoidable wipes during learning, it is no big deal. Really.

Besides, even if gearing via WZs is pain in the *** you are at least GETTINg some items and progress.
the "ooting games "during operations with no real guarantee that you :

a) SEE the item for your class
b) win the loot for it

are pretty much ridiculous.

BH gearing and PVP gearing is at least fair in temrs that once you gather enough resources you can buy whatever YOU want.
And not what the game/players would allow you to loot.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Ephesia
01.17.2013 , 08:19 AM | #12
A full WH set is even better than a full Columi set and on par with a Rakata set in most situations With that said the gear unlocks you for all SM Ops, HM+NiM EV / KP and with a good team you might be able to do HM EC. Beyond that is a no go but since WH is easy to obtain I guess this much is pretty good already.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

RikuvonDrake
01.17.2013 , 08:21 AM | #13
As long as you don't run content that drops gear better then rakata I guess there is no problem in running it with War Hero, and as long as you don't run anything that drops better then columi, you can do it with recruit. As a healer recruit can be quite nice, I think the expertise gives higher heals on player, right?
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Dragonslayer - The Eternal Warrior - From Beyond
Rikacha- Rikachu | Not Good Enough - Riku | Rebel Dream
Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör | Ruthless

Przemo_No
01.17.2013 , 08:34 AM | #14
naah, expertise ONLY applies to PVP matches....
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

RikuvonDrake
01.17.2013 , 09:21 AM | #15
Awww, would be cool if it helped healers in PvE as well
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Dragonslayer - The Eternal Warrior - From Beyond
Rikacha- Rikachu | Not Good Enough - Riku | Rebel Dream
Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör | Ruthless

DarthScruffy
01.17.2013 , 09:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
I would say it's acceptable for Tier 1, but don't try going in Tier 2 until you have some Columi. It's only gonna bring up the repair bill for you and your team. Check out the hm fps loot list and try doing each until you get the Columi drop from it.

And while we are on the subject - how far would you guys say i can go with fully augmented WH gear in ops (hm, nim ops) ? It's basically elite wh with those augments, but ofc it's a bit less strong in pve than pve gear. I really don't want to bother getting dps pve gear since my main pve role is tank, but i do want to go in as dps once in a while to be able to learn tactics.
Given some known guild guidelines (1500 main stat for HM unbuffed) you could in theory do HM EV or KP in some flavor of high end PvP IIRC.

Eyesmindassassin
01.17.2013 , 11:17 AM | #17
You're doing it wrong. I looked at the stats and the Tionese is better. You're obviously counting the Expertise. I would of put you on my ignore list. Either way, you can use the Recruit in the off pieces until you get better gear. If you still suck however and they kick you anyway, that has nothing to do with the gear.

ipagex
01.17.2013 , 12:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eyesmindassassin View Post
You're doing it wrong. I looked at the stats and the Tionese is better. You're obviously counting the Expertise. I would of put you on my ignore list. Either way, you can use the Recruit in the off pieces until you get better gear. If you still suck however and they kick you anyway, that has nothing to do with the gear.
Less players like the above, please. Have a little decency and remember you were a newbie as well at one point.

I know for sure I can run ev/kp hm with wh gear, I just wasn't sure about the others.

tronot
01.17.2013 , 01:46 PM | #19
And from another thread:

Is there any reason why you're still not answering for the defense relics? If I were grouped with you, I'd put you on ignore for that alone.
You must have a really long ignore list, dude.

SharpG
01.17.2013 , 02:30 PM | #20
Somebody has a superiority complex

If you have any questions OP, feel free to PM me, no need to give douchebags like this free tips when he clearly thinks he's amazing. I'm sure he enjoys pugging every day and not having a guild to progression raid with so he takes it out on newbies on the forums