Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP gear in PvE

Zombidz
01.16.2013 , 07:13 PM | #1
Ive Recently got to 50, and Got the free tionese commendations and recruit pvp armor. The stats on the recruit PvP armor give me more stats then tionese, and im geting so much **** when trying to run hard mode flashpoints, because i keep geting kicked. Am i going to have to use tionese armor that gives me -30 to stats?

Zaxem
01.16.2013 , 07:17 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombidz View Post
Ive Recently got to 50, and Got the free tionese commendations and recruit pvp armor. The stats on the recruit PvP armor give me more stats then tionese, and im geting so much **** when trying to run hard mode flashpoints, because i keep geting kicked. Am i going to have to use tionese armor that gives me -30 to stats?
really recruit gear gives you better stats cause tioonese should have better stats but i have done hm's and SM ops in recruit gear on fresh 50's just fine
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

ckoneful
01.17.2013 , 03:58 AM | #3
Are you counting Expertise as a PvE stat? Because it does nothing in PvE at all.
73% Explorer60% Achiever53% Socializer13% Killer
60 Juggernaut 55 Operative 50 Mercenary 48 Sorceror
53 Guardian 50 Gunslinger 53 Vanguard 55 Shadow
100% of Class Stories completed

ipagex
01.17.2013 , 05:18 AM | #4
I would say it's acceptable for Tier 1, but don't try going in Tier 2 until you have some Columi. It's only gonna bring up the repair bill for you and your team. Check out the hm fps loot list and try doing each until you get the Columi drop from it.

And while we are on the subject - how far would you guys say i can go with fully augmented WH gear in ops (hm, nim ops) ? It's basically elite wh with those augments, but ofc it's a bit less strong in pve than pve gear. I really don't want to bother getting dps pve gear since my main pve role is tank, but i do want to go in as dps once in a while to be able to learn tactics.

Zaxem
01.17.2013 , 05:46 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ipagex View Post
I would say it's acceptable for Tier 1, but don't try going in Tier 2 until you have some Columi. It's only gonna bring up the repair bill for you and your team. Check out the hm fps loot list and try doing each until you get the Columi drop from it.

And while we are on the subject - how far would you guys say i can go with fully augmented WH gear in ops (hm, nim ops) ? It's basically elite wh with those augments, but ofc it's a bit less strong in pve than pve gear. I really don't want to bother getting dps pve gear since my main pve role is tank, but i do want to go in as dps once in a while to be able to learn tactics.
probally all the SM ops and maybe HM EC that might be pushing it just a guess idk the stats exactly with WH augmented
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Atramar
01.17.2013 , 05:47 AM | #6

hm ev/kp should be fine in WH. Thing is, you loose much dps on PVE situations, so you might want to run parser on a dummy(I mean operation dummy, or pvp dummy*70%) to see where you are.
Lost Island HM in WH should be ok too, it's more about execution and skill then gear, but OP, for your own sake, use tionese for pve, yes, you will have less stats, and yes, I know it's a bit silly, but will save you grief and kicks (plus it gives set bonus, and stat difference is not so high any way). For some reason, peopel are more calm when they see fresh 50 tionese (or L50 mods from dalies) then in recruit pvp gear.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

ipagex
01.17.2013 , 06:47 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
hm ev/kp should be fine in WH. Thing is, you loose much dps on PVE situations, so you might want to run parser on a dummy(I mean operation dummy, or pvp dummy*70%) to see where you are.
1169 dps in 50 sec on a mk-5 operation training dummy

I didnt get many crits in but thats the average mostly. Is that good or bad?

p.s. I'm a sin in deception tree

Zaxem
01.17.2013 , 07:15 AM | #8
1169 dps in 50 sec on a mk-5 operation training dummy

I didnt get many crits in but thats the average mostly. Is that good or bad?

p.s. I'm a sin in deception tree
50 sec's isn't a good parse at least 3 min 5 min is better on my sin in coulmi mixed with some 61's and black hole implants/ear with dread master relics + BIS hilt i do about 1500-1600ish sustained dps on the dummy on the ship not 100% sure been awhile since i used the fleet dummy but if i rember right the ship 1 is a better parse cause i did about 100-200 higher on the fleet one than the ship dummy and i think the fleet dummy reprsents T1 ops and ship = T2 but anyways

1169 sounds a bit low even for WH gear but 50 seconds wasn't even a good parse my initial burst is around 2k dps on the dummy. sounds like you are a big timer pvper so you may be using a pvp type of rotation not sure but anyways i'll post what i do

open with discharge assassinate when at 29%> VS x2 > maul with proc/shock with 2 stacks of the buff> use discharge on cooldown whenever it's up and be sure to use black out then force cloak for force regen when you are low hope that helps not trying to tell ya how to play just 1169 seems a bit low even for a 1min parse makes me think you are doing something wrong

Icestar
01.17.2013 , 07:17 AM | #9
Yep that sounds right

Recruit works for normal HM but if players keep kicking you for it, wear the tionese until you get columni

ipagex
01.17.2013 , 07:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
50 sec's isn't a good parse at least 3 min 5 min is better on my sin in coulmi mixed with some 61's and black hole implants/ear with dread master relics + BIS hilt i do about 1500-1600ish sustained dps on the dummy on the ship not 100% sure been awhile since i used the fleet dummy but if i rember right the ship 1 is a better parse cause i did about 100-200 higher on the fleet one than the ship dummy and i think the fleet dummy reprsents T1 ops and ship = T2 but anyways

1169 sounds a bit low even for WH gear but 50 seconds wasn't even a good parse my initial burst is around 2k dps on the dummy. sounds like you are a big timer pvper so you may be using a pvp type of rotation not sure but anyways i'll post what i do

open with discharge assassinate when at 29%> VS x2 > maul with proc/shock with 2 stacks of the buff> use discharge on cooldown whenever it's up and be sure to use black out then force cloak for force regen when you are low hope that helps not trying to tell ya how to play just 1169 seems a bit low even for a 1min parse makes me think you are doing something wrong
Voltaic*2
Shock
Maul when exploit is up
Discharge when available
I use blackout but without force cloak. I'm not sure this has such a major effect on my dps though.

I am pretty sure my stats are over columi/bh mixed gear. I'll check on that when i get home. Someone on forum was complaining sin dps can't get past 1200 so idk.