Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Hack

Jherad
01.16.2013 , 07:58 PM | #11
Pretty sure it's a bug - I've had this happen a LOT more recently (and judging by the complaints I'm hearing in mumble/general/ops, to other people too).

It seems to correlate with increased server latency, so I'd say the game thinks you don't have LOS to the target or something.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

madtycoon
01.16.2013 , 08:04 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
It's a bug and has a lot to do with their collision physics engine. I have had it happen even in PVE, if they are close to a structre (wall, boxes, even a pole) it will skip them and target the next guy (if there is a next guy) otherwise it will target no one.

Happens a lot on the Voidstar with the doors. People try to tab select a person capping the door but can not target them.

As for the Red circle not showing on your target, I had that happen in beta but have not seen it since, if it is back, that is bad news. If you can not tell who you have targeted, you will break stuns.
Yeah its probably this. I've noticed when you can't see the nameplate on your screen, target nearest enemy won't work for grabbing a target.

The tab targetting systems isn't that bad. The targetting would be great, if you could click nameplates when tab doesn't pick up the target you want. At least this game gives multiple target binding options.

wwkingms
01.16.2013 , 11:25 PM | #13
this happens to me all the time in civil war
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Monsofo
01.16.2013 , 11:37 PM | #14
I had this same thing happen in a Civil war, Same 2 players on other team, 2 other guildies in vent had same issue on same players for the entire match all over the map, we just tagged them up, called out in ops to click target flame and gear.

Have not noticed it before or after that one time
Team Sofa - Fear the Lekku <GUA>

antwillgreen
01.16.2013 , 11:56 PM | #15
I dont really see why haveing to actualy CLICK him is a problem, always done clicky clicks, you havent?
Ya you can guess what finger i'll be having up at your idea of what the "Real Star Wars" is.

POPsi
01.17.2013 , 03:39 AM | #16
Saw something similar with a stealther... I was in stealth too, used sneak, and stopped right next to the enemy stealther. And the stupid tab target just didn't work, no matter what I did, so I had to click in the end.

Przemo_No
01.17.2013 , 03:57 AM | #17
hehehehehe...

Welcome to the world of clickers.
I have actually NEVER user the TAB key to target anyone.
So, L2P guys, just L2P!!!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

livinlife
01.17.2013 , 04:00 AM | #18
it hapens when the ops frame bug takes effect those are the ppl who u can't tab target
livinsith 55 sorc heals Master D server
nif 55 sage heals Dalborra server
livinsolo 34 scoundrel heals Bastion server
agv 16 commando heals Po5 server

Glower
01.17.2013 , 06:07 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
As for the Red circle not showing on your target, I had that happen in beta but have not seen it since, if it is back, that is bad news. If you can not tell who you have targeted, you will break stuns.

This week this bug quite often for me. Almost in every warzone. Mb something is broken again?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)