Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Hack

DarthBama
01.16.2013 , 06:41 PM | #1
I noticed this a few days ago, but passed it off as bad luck. However tonight I have confirmed it. People are some how able to make themselves untargetable with the tab key. How do I know? I was stealthed, and had 1 person in front of me I repeatly hit tab and it did not work. I HAD to click on him. Tried again later in the match, same result. Happened several more times during the match.

Keyran-Halcyon
01.16.2013 , 06:44 PM | #2
Pretty sure that is just BW's ****** tab targeting system. Repeatedly I have hit tab to get the closest target and it seems to just randomly bounce from one target to another regardless of how close or far they are from me.
Rogue Heals
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

Chloe
01.16.2013 , 06:46 PM | #3
^^ I like your signature!

DarthBama
01.16.2013 , 06:55 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Keyran-Halcyon View Post
Pretty sure that is just BW's ****** tab targeting system. Repeatedly I have hit tab to get the closest target and it seems to just randomly bounce from one target to another regardless of how close or far they are from me.
It was an Ancient Hypergates. I was at the node with just him while everyone else was mid. The Tab did nothing, and it was ONLY him that it would not select. Does that not sound fishy?

SDTAXantos
01.16.2013 , 06:57 PM | #5
And the base red con on your target sometimes doesn't show up so you don't know who you have targeted at a glance. The little arrows above your target as the secondary target marker don't really help either. Why did they make them change from one shade of red to another instead of making your current target arrow larger?
<The Heartbreaker>
Erotik ~* - Corpulence *┤ - Risqu + - Flirt + - Adipose - Zaftig / - Buxom Θ - Heavyset
Erotiq ≈) - Ecdysiast ┤) - Gatstrapped - Sapphik - Pin-up

Wainamoinen
01.16.2013 , 06:57 PM | #6
The tab targetting is not great. I frequently swear at it.

You were not able to target the guy you wanted. It does not follow that there is a new hack that stops people being targetted. Rather more likely is the tab targetting was playing up. As it is known to do.
Hasa'diga Eewokai
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

itsmymillertime
01.16.2013 , 07:03 PM | #7
tab by default is target next enemy, does that mean you have to an enemy targeted first? i bound target nearest enemy to Q and use it to target people. is this something different?

Rincewend
01.16.2013 , 07:09 PM | #8
It's a bug and has a lot to do with their collision physics engine. I have had it happen even in PVE, if they are close to a structre (wall, boxes, even a pole) it will skip them and target the next guy (if there is a next guy) otherwise it will target no one.

Happens a lot on the Voidstar with the doors. People try to tab select a person capping the door but can not target them.

As for the Red circle not showing on your target, I had that happen in beta but have not seen it since, if it is back, that is bad news. If you can not tell who you have targeted, you will break stuns.

iamef
01.16.2013 , 07:13 PM | #9
I think this is a bug not an exploit... I see it most often in Voidstar after the first door in the bridge control area... An enemy player will come down the tunnel, and I can not target them, whether via tab targeting or clicking, or via nearest target which I also have a key bind for. The player also has no 'decoration' on them, i.e. no name, etc. I am pretty sure I have reported it and gotten the dreaded 'service droid has gotten this and that's all you'll here from us' message
--- Er'nesto / Er'nestoo / Nestero / rnesto ---

WOOK -- The Shadowlands

JenseitsvonBose
01.16.2013 , 07:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
It was an Ancient Hypergates. I was at the node with just him while everyone else was mid. The Tab did nothing, and it was ONLY him that it would not select. Does that not sound fishy?
You were probably being LOS'd by the node.
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"