Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For Those Who Think PVE Gear Works in PVP...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
For Those Who Think PVE Gear Works in PVP...

Zenates
01.17.2013 , 10:36 PM | #31
Expertise = mainstat/power In a WZ, with equal Expertise.

Expertise > mainstat/power In a WZ, when damaging, taking damage from, being healed by, healing, guarding, taunting, etc, if the said party has less Expertise than you do.

Expertise < Mainstat./power Anywhere other than a WZ.

Bursty specs see less advantage to Expertise, even though it is there. (That means burst healing too) ((Merc pistol healing being the only exception i know of))

Smashbrother
01.18.2013 , 02:57 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JenseitsvonBose View Post
Actually, half the point of my post was that it's not.
I know the difference is negligible, but if any expertise can be swapped out w/o any negatives, it's the crystals because it's 1:1. They're also cheap as ****.

Kelderek
01.18.2013 , 02:03 PM | #33
I just came back to the game after a hiatus of about 6 months and I wanted to try some PVP. The problem was I only had a few old champion/centurion pieces that were highly outdated. So I decided to jump into some PVP in my PVE gear which is full BH/Campaign. Someone inspected me and told me to leave the match and get recruit. I blew the guy off and stuck it out in that match and I did ok -- my damage was good and I had decent survivability (I'm lethality sniper).

After that match I picked up recruit which is what the stickied guides here say to use and gave it a try in a few matches. It was horrible. I had crappy stats by comparison and the expertise simply did not make up for the huge tier difference in the two gear sets. I could barely scratch enemies with my damage and I was killed super fast.

I went back to my Campaign set and again I did much better with it.

So I certainly don't agree with the idea that you should never use PVE gear in PVP. To me it seems that there is probably a gear tier below which recruit will be better, but beyond which PVE would give better results than recruit.

Perhaps the sticky guides should be updated to reflect what a well geared PVE player should do when trying to enter PVP. They seem to expect new PVPers to also be new 50s which isn't always the case.

JenseitsvonBose
01.18.2013 , 09:17 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
I know the difference is negligible, but if any expertise can be swapped out w/o any negatives, it's the crystals because it's 1:1. They're also cheap as ****.
Crystals?
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"