Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

For Those Who Think PVE Gear Works in PVP...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
For Those Who Think PVE Gear Works in PVP...

SiXXXX
01.17.2013 , 03:02 PM | #11
From what I've been told Black Hole > Recruit. And in my experience using both, thats been the case as well. Especially with the campaign armoring setbonus that gives my healer sorcerer 50 extra Force and 1.5 seconds off innervate.

As for War Hero armor, its just too big of an expertise loss to stick to your BH. Thats when you HAVE to upgrade.
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

cashogy
01.17.2013 , 03:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
Thoses numbers are old.

Healers is a must to get your belt and bracer PvE for more stats. The healing buff from Expertise get diminishing returns really fast.

DPS wise is different. I was doing more damage with PvE belt and Bracer with my sage DPS instead of the PvP one.
actually no, healing bonus from expertise is basically linear. it just increases at a lower rate

Sleprock
01.17.2013 , 03:06 PM | #13
Surprised L-RANDLE hasn't posted here yet. lol

Zunayson
01.17.2013 , 03:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Rendolphe View Post
HEALER is a must.

All pro healer get PvE Bracer and Belt.
All pro non tank (TANK IN PVP LOL!) get PvE Bracer and Belt.

Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
actually no, healing bonus from expertise is basically linear. it just increases at a lower rate
Do you even know what linear means? If it's rate is not linear, then its rate changes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

cashogy
01.17.2013 , 04:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
Do you even know what linear means? If it's rate is not linear, then its rate changes.
i know what it means

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...nt.php?aid=282

there ya go. the green line, 1.2 Trauma, represents expertise healing bonus. as you can see from the graph, its almost linear, just like the damage and defense bonuses.

there is no "soft cap" for expertise anymore, except for being limited by the total amount that you can stack (which is 1390 iirc)

CharterMonkKent
01.17.2013 , 04:26 PM | #16
I feel like people are ignoring the actual numbers I posted. Not a graph from 1.1-1.2. Current in game numbers straight from the character window.

No. Full expertise is not going to get you the most damage or healing. Will you take more damage with less expertise? Yes.

But as I explain there becomes a tipping point where most classes benefit from replacing 160ish expertise with huge amounts of power, main stat and endurance.

Those are facts, take it or leave it, or post the graph from 1.2 again.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

L-RANDLE
01.17.2013 , 04:50 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sleprock View Post
Surprised L-RANDLE hasn't posted here yet. lol
Good to see I'm wanted....

1050-1100 EXP functions as an effective "hard cap" where your output and effective HP is at its peak... When I graphed it out for DPS(Sweep) and it actually was closer to 1050EXP. Key is to carry all PVE armoring equivelents, except your belt and bracer. Then all PvP pieces(implants/relics/ear/mods/enh).

And I am still looking at trauma more closely. My logs don't match my calc'd output and I am still testing another thing that might be:ee k: , so the question is still out for healers...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

itsmymillertime
01.17.2013 , 05:03 PM | #18
and yet no one talks about the opponents expertise and how it effects this equation.

cashogy
01.17.2013 , 05:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
I feel like people are ignoring the actual numbers I posted. Not a graph from 1.1-1.2. Current in game numbers straight from the character window.

No. Full expertise is not going to get you the most damage or healing. Will you take more damage with less expertise? Yes.

But as I explain there becomes a tipping point where most classes benefit from replacing 160ish expertise with huge amounts of power, main stat and endurance.

Those are facts, take it or leave it, or post the graph from 1.2 again.
um, you are aware that expertise calculations were changed in 1.2? and that they have been the same ever since? aka the graph i posted is 100% relevant.

imo, it is not smart to trade more than 2 or 3 pieces of gear for non-expertise versions. you can come up with all kinds of graphs that you want for your own stat scaling w/ different combinations of gear. but all of that goes out the window when you go up against someone w/ more expertise than you.

lets say you have 1050 expertise. its ~20% damage bonus, ~17% damage redux. now say you go up against someone w/ 1300 expertise; they have ~25% damage bonus, and ~20% damage redux. the 3-5% damage/heath bonus you are gaining by giving up that expertise is wiped out by the net loss of expertise. you will take ~5% more damage, and you will deal ~5% less damage, ie net loss of 10%. combined, you are losing ~5% overall performance against players stacking that much expertise

CharterMonkKent
01.17.2013 , 05:05 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
and yet no one talks about the opponents expertise and how it effects this equation.
Giggle. Show us your numbers please
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =