Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Reason Smash/Sweep will not be nerfed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reason Smash/Sweep will not be nerfed

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
01.16.2013 , 05:32 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Naej View Post
The problem with smash spec isn't about 1v1. It's about multiple Rage spec jumping and insta-killing a group of up to 5.

If it wasn't auto-crit, you'd have a chance, but AoE auto-crit of 5K X 3-4 players = 15k hp gone in 1 GCD on multiple people. If 3-4 PT wanna focus you, fine. It still won't be AoE, 1 people will die. You can't nerf focus fire, but Smash as it is now is like focus fire for the noobs.


Plus don't forget that a well speced Jugg will have 4 sec of immunity and 20% dmg reduction after a leap, making them impossible to CC or control before the have the time to unleash the Smash
.
Your "well specced jugg" won't be posting dps numbers anywhere near the top third of a decent warzone cos for said cc immunity and damage reduction he has to sacrifice the 31st talent of the rage three that is basically the specs raison d'Ítre.

You sir are arguing that a spec that can produce 1 AOE smash per minute (cos the only singularity buildiers he has are on a 1min cooldown each) is somehow problematic. In short, you're like Ray Charles in the Louvre, you don't have a flipping clue.

Sowwy's Avatar


Sowwy
01.16.2013 , 06:02 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Your "well specced jugg" won't be posting dps numbers anywhere near the top third of a decent warzone cos for said cc immunity and damage reduction he has to sacrifice the 31st talent of the rage three that is basically the specs raison d'Ítre.

You sir are arguing that a spec that can produce 1 AOE smash per minute (cos the only singularity buildiers he has are on a 1min cooldown each) is somehow problematic. In short, you're like Ray Charles in the Louvre, you don't have a flipping clue.

That's besides the point, tbh. The reason being that smash isnt the only ability to hit hard. I have played a ton, I have multiple 50s. Including a fully geared guard and sentinel. My smash is the hardest hitting ability but its NOT the only ability to hit hard. It is NOT infrequent for me to see a 6k+ smash, followed by a 5k dispatch. Over 10k dmg in 2 globals, even (and often) more damage from the incidental aoe targets.

No way, even as a player fully prepared to benefit from the imbalance, I still think its disgustingly broken. Whether unremitting is taken or not is irrelevant. Stack a team for even uglier results. Certain maps exacerbates even further..

The greatest consequence of the imbalance, at the moment, is I actually resent my guildies when they want to play a dps commando, scoundrel sage etc because I know we have no chance verse a smash team, which are all too common today.


Bioware, we have a problem.

Anosa's Avatar


Anosa
01.16.2013 , 06:02 PM | #33
jugs are destroying players too with this.
Meow

JP_Legatus's Avatar


JP_Legatus
01.16.2013 , 06:32 PM | #34
This troll attempt rates a 8/10 on the troll-o-meter
/thread
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
01.16.2013 , 06:35 PM | #35
If it doesn't get nerfed it is because of pve. Focus was buffed because it was doing so poorly in pve, and they may or may not nerf it because of pve.

iPvP's Avatar


iPvP
01.16.2013 , 06:47 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sowwy View Post
That's besides the point, tbh. The reason being that smash isnt the only ability to hit hard. I have played a ton, I have multiple 50s. Including a fully geared guard and sentinel. My smash is the hardest hitting ability but its NOT the only ability to hit hard. It is NOT infrequent for me to see a 6k+ smash, followed by a 5k dispatch. Over 10k dmg in 2 globals, even (and often) more damage from the incidental aoe targets.

No way, even as a player fully prepared to benefit from the imbalance, I still think its disgustingly broken. Whether unremitting is taken or not is irrelevant. Stack a team for even uglier results. Certain maps exacerbates even further..

The greatest consequence of the imbalance, at the moment, is I actually resent my guildies when they want to play a dps commando, scoundrel sage etc because I know we have no chance verse a smash team, which are all too common today.


Bioware, we have a problem.
thats only if it crits... which is probably 1/4-1/5 of the time if your properly stacking str an power
P h y t z - C a r r i e s
@ Pot5
I Am Legend

Kajuana's Avatar


Kajuana
01.16.2013 , 07:13 PM | #37
I don't see the problem with smash.
It does big AOE damage, but that is Focus tree's 1-trick pony.
Any changes to it would make the focus tree unusable.

In 1v1, there are higher burst damage class/tree combos.
In MvM, smash is dps king, but you could always pay more attention to try not to stack on top of your teammates.
Pugging? Well you are losing to a well coordinated team or against a good player. Makes perfect sense to me.

3 people jumping on you to smash? Too bad, every class will die when you get focus fired by 3 dps ACs.
5 people dying at the same time? Why would you guys stand so close to each other?

Every class / tree is meant to be different. This brings more variation to the mechanics in PvP.
Smash is fine as it is.

At least you can control your character when you go up against smahes.
Bubble stuns on the other hand.... ughh....
The STILLWATER Legacy @ LAST BASTION
Kajuana 55 SHADOW, Katherina 50 SENTINEL, Shadowraith 50 SCOUNDREL, Kyhina 50 COMMANDO

DariusCalera's Avatar


DariusCalera
01.16.2013 , 07:15 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
This is false...

1. Many classes that were considered OP by the "majority" in the past have gone much longer than a couple weeks without change.

2. If I'm not mistaken, jugs got the buff in 1.6 which released December 5th... so technically we have not reached "months down the line".
Juggs/Guardians and Maras/Sents received the smash buffs in Patch 1.4 which was released at the end of October. Since we are now nearing the end of January, I would say that constitutes as "months down the line"

HELLCAMAWALKN's Avatar


HELLCAMAWALKN
01.17.2013 , 06:45 AM | #39
i think it's funny when someone makes a real point about the class and the respnse is " Yea, but they can aoe for 6k" lol learn to spread out, if theres noone around each other in aoe range, a guardian can only hit one player.
<INCARNEDINE> THE BASTION
Hellcamawalkn 50 Shadow,Mississippi 50 Guardian,Hardtokill 50 Gunslinger, Sammcro 40 Commando,Deathproof 20 Sentinal
"I walk in darkness so other's may see the light"

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.17.2013 , 06:59 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by HELLCAMAWALKN View Post
i think it's funny when someone makes a real point about the class and the respnse is " Yea, but they can aoe for 6k" lol learn to spread out, if theres noone around each other in aoe range, a guardian can only hit one player.
Ah good point. I will strive to stay out of melee range from now on from everyone by standing in a corner stealthed.