Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Filter for Gen Chat

GalidoreTheJedi
01.16.2013 , 02:33 PM | #1
Is anyone else annoyed about Debates, Politics, Nobama this Nobama that. I don't come to Fleet to talk about that stuff and its difficult to announcing Crafting/ LFGs/ in-game questions when the MMO is not made up of solely US issues. If i wanna talk about politics, i'd take that outside of my gaming i mean really.

So, just an idea whether thought up, or not, Can Bioware do something about a Filter or a Debate Channel that people can spam on that instead because as of now we do have tabs that take chat that discusses those politics/ events that's non-Star wars related.

GalidoreTheJedi
01.16.2013 , 02:35 PM | #2
that last part i meant: as of now, we can make tabs to hold whispers or general activity from general chat

ElQuesoGrande
01.17.2013 , 01:17 PM | #3
Even if they put in a channel like that no one will use it. general will always be general. its this way in every MMO. You have to just ignore it or literally /ignore the ppl doing it. Although I don't recommend that option as it limits your ability to get into endgame stuff when you ignore lots of ppl

GalaxyStrong
01.17.2013 , 03:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by GalidoreTheJedi View Post
Is anyone else annoyed about Debates, Politics, Nobama this Nobama that. I don't come to Fleet to talk about that stuff and its difficult to announcing Crafting/ LFGs/ in-game questions when the MMO is not made up of solely US issues. If i wanna talk about politics, i'd take that outside of my gaming i mean really.

So, just an idea whether thought up, or not, Can Bioware do something about a Filter or a Debate Channel that people can spam on that instead because as of now we do have tabs that take chat that discusses those politics/ events that's non-Star wars related.
It sucks I know but your gonna have to deal with it. The people who have these conversations basically suck at the game and have nothing to offer(they don't trade items, they suck at playing the game and can't offer you advice either) you anyways so just set them to ignore you will be better off.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

slafko
01.18.2013 , 02:36 AM | #5
And they type your instead of you're.

ChrisRedmond
01.18.2013 , 02:46 AM | #6
i know, it's a pain. But that's why BW invented /ignore.
If you can't fix it, forget it.

Never_Hesitate
01.18.2013 , 02:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
It sucks I know but your gonna have to deal with it. The people who have these conversations basically suck at the game and have nothing to offer(they don't trade items, they suck at playing the game and can't offer you advice either) you anyways so just set them to ignore you will be better off.
How do you know they suck at the game?
Sometimes I'm bored and don't want to do any endgame do I suck at the game too?
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Khevar
01.18.2013 , 03:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
How do you know they suck at the game?
Sometimes I'm bored and don't want to do any endgame do I suck at the game too?
Do you assuage your boredom by debating politics, religion, etc. in General Chat?

wombinator
01.18.2013 , 03:24 PM | #9
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. People actually have chat turned on?

Ridickilis
01.18.2013 , 03:25 PM | #10
I agree it's annoying to hear political talk going on in general chat. It was refreshing to me going over to an EU server during the presidential elections. When it got out of hand I would just go log in over there, they don't talk as much political smack as they do on US servers. Though they do like to speak in tongues (native languages) once in a while on English servers, which gets annoying if it's more than a few comments.

HOWEVER, it's equally as annoying to see LFG and WTB/S spam on the general chat as well. That's what the groupfinder, GTN and trade chat is for. General chat is just that, chit chat, a little in game (lighthearted) smack talk and asking in game questions or looking for help/advise.

And why is this in the FP and Heroic forum?

EDIT: ^Yes I've had quite a few good laughs from just reading chat while waiting for que's to pop or browsing the GTN. Also turn on the profanity filter and try to guess the words/phrases that were used also helps pass the time and is good for lutz.