Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorc as bad as they say? better go assassin?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Sorc as bad as they say? better go assassin?

Zergnaut
01.17.2013 , 11:24 PM | #11
I have a VR 100 Sorcerer I have played since the game originally came out. Although there has been a lot of changes to the class I am not complaining. If you are good with CC and keeping people off you then I say play a sorcerer all the way. I warn you though a PvP dps sorc probably has one of the highest skill caps in the game. To be pro and not die instantly in pvp that is. Played right it can be a blast.

Honestly though I would recommend playing a sage over a Sorc. My sage gets focus fired MUCH less. The problem with a sorc in a wz is all the lightning. It is very easy in a war zone to follow a bright trail of lightning to the sorc and kill him. The rocks a sage throws? It is not very visually pleasing no. Howver on certain maps they can almost be invisible. Half the time melee never find me to focus me. On my Sorcerer theybalways do lol
Sith Warrior (Juggernaut) Sith Inquisitor (Sorcerer)

The Sith Always Return. Darkness is necessary for there to be light .

AdmiralParmesan
01.18.2013 , 11:17 PM | #12
go assassin
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

darthgamer
01.19.2013 , 09:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zergnaut View Post
I have a VR 100 Sorcerer I have played since the game originally came out. Although there has been a lot of changes to the class I am not complaining. If you are good with CC and keeping people off you then I say play a sorcerer all the way. I warn you though a PvP dps sorc probably has one of the highest skill caps in the game. To be pro and not die instantly in pvp that is. Played right it can be a blast.

Honestly though I would recommend playing a sage over a Sorc. My sage gets focus fired MUCH less. The problem with a sorc in a wz is all the lightning. It is very easy in a war zone to follow a bright trail of lightning to the sorc and kill him. The rocks a sage throws? It is not very visually pleasing no. Howver on certain maps they can almost be invisible. Half the time melee never find me to focus me. On my Sorcerer theybalways do lol
Nothing better then kiting around someone and getting a solo kill as you watch your dots go to work lol It is intesely satisfying and you know the other person is disgusted.
I'll be the butter you'll be the popcorn

MotorCityMan
01.21.2013 , 01:02 AM | #14
I play a 40 sorc healer and it's passable in pve. Not very functional since flashpoint groups are almost non existent and people mostly don't bother with heroics. But in pvp it's a disaster. It can't kill anything and any class can kill it easily, and it takes so much dmg that 95% of the healing I do is trying to keep myself alive. The heals are so meager and cast times are so long compared to dmg that they are virtually useless. The Dots are mostly insignificant, especially since the quick cast is very low dmg that takes 15 seconds which is an eternity in pvp and the 6 second one takes almost half as long to cast. It's a ridiculously useless class in the 1-49 bracket pvp bracket. I intend to finish the story and try it at 50 but already plan to play another class.