Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PhantomDestroyer
01.17.2013 , 11:53 AM | #21
I have a similar issue with my lvl 50 Chiss BH on the Jedi Covenant server. When I use the unify color tab, the TT-15A Chestguard normally should turn the armor into a black-red color. However, the War Hero Eliminator's Greaves change into a different color. Instead of changing into black-red, it becomes more of a dark grey/red color. The odd part about it is that it interchanges when I go into different areas of the game (i.e. warzones, planets, or my ship).

I have two pictures to show the difference:
On my ship:
http://i50.tinypic.com/104lxew.jpg

On the fleet:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2zixbae.jpg
"Once more the Sith will rule the Galaxy. And... we shall have... peace." -Palpatine

Arutar
01.17.2013 , 12:47 PM | #22
I have the same problem as the with the Investigator`s set (cartel market).

The set should be bright red and grey and it is - except the chestpiece, which is a completely diffent colour (purple-ish).

The chest looks fine (i.e. bright red) in the char menu and the cutscenes, but not on the char itself. Unifying the colors doesnt help either, so it a clear bug and ot just some wrong coloring.

Rather annoying, considering I bought this set just for the looks.

Giolon
01.17.2013 , 12:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanEmmott View Post
Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!
This has been a problem on my blue Twi'lek character Da'ru with the Slave Outfit, the Republic Dancer's Outfit, and the Black Hole Force-Mystic/Campaign gear (which can appear from almost completely white to pure black on different characters when outside of a cutscene). I've reported it several times over the last year, including submissions w/ screenshots of my character compared to other characters. >.<

From my observations, it seems to be that the darker the skin of your character, the lighter the textures on the affected clothing will be.
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
¤~Giolon

Trispast
01.17.2013 , 01:01 PM | #24
I have a Rattataki sorceror and have the same problem with my Rakata Force-Mystic's robe. It is nearly black on my character but the preview window and in conversations it is bright red.

KanameSora
01.17.2013 , 03:13 PM | #25
I've been having this issue ever since I equipped the Black Hold Striker's MK-1 Robe on my Lv 50 Shadow. The in-game colour is a light beige, whereas the colour in the item icon, preview window, all conversations and in the character window is the correct brown.

My character is Kanamé on Begeren Colony if you'd like to take a look
Kanamé Skirata
Dead on Arrival | Begeren Colony

lpope
01.17.2013 , 05:56 PM | #26
As stated previously, my toon Thasme on Jedi Covenant has this issue with the Masterblade vest from the Foundry.

Char Selection Screen (Correct Red):
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psd0edfc90.jpg

Preview Window (Correct Red):
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...psc846c45a.jpg

Conversations (Correct Red):
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps56cb2603.jpg

In Game (Pink = Blah):
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3aad64f4.jpg

Hambunctious
01.17.2013 , 06:47 PM | #27
Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!
Not in game atm, but red light armor chest pieces turn brown when you put them on a rattataki in game. The preview screen shows them as red. Your pants, and boots will actually be red in game, but the chest will not. It's very annoying.

Cjisohsocool
01.17.2013 , 07:19 PM | #28
Howdy!

Thanks!
Hey just to let you guys know, the investigator robe still doesn't show up red either. In the 1.6.2 parch notes it says it was fixed but it isn't.

amaresch
01.17.2013 , 07:59 PM | #29
my input.

Some of my belts and gloves do not color match. Not a big deal to me on most characters/companions- but useful info for the dev team maybe. I know for sure that the belt and gloves that I bought from the Chevin world event are those that don't conform-irregardless of whether equipped on companion or character. There are one or two others that don't conform also- but i can't remember what they are. I do have a ton of characters.

Recently, when in conversation with my companions- the unify colors and hide helmet doesn't always work. Sometimes it will, but most time it will not. Not sure how long this may have been an issue since the companion dialogues are a rarity when compared to what one does in the rest of the game. I can say for sure that it has been happening for the past week or so. Vette wears a color riot during those conversations instead of the sleek, sophisticated outfit she sports the rest of the time.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger

HotStuff_SW
01.17.2013 , 11:15 PM | #30
On my Smuggler's companion Risha (default appearance, no customization added), the Republic Dancer outfit looks white.

The icon for the outfit has it looking predominately red.

The preview of the outfit has it looking predominately red.

In conversation cut-scenes the outfit looks predominately red.

On other characters the outfit looks predominately red.

When she wears it......it is white.

It still looks nice, but definitely different than it appears everywhere else. Someone up-thread mentioned it may be happening on character models that have darker skin tones. Default Risha definitely would be included in that grouping. I have not tried it on her along with a customization, though that might be worth a test.

Thanks for looking into this.