Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conveinent lag

Rafael_Peres
01.17.2013 , 08:08 PM | #21
Noticing this at Voidstar Games, all matches against pub teams.
Seems to me that people are cheating. But how will I know?
Server PoT5.
Nesher - Sith Marauder / Bithyah - Operative / Sarit - Powertech / Mälkah - Sith Assassin
Perach - Jedi Guardian / Malkah- Jedi Shadow / Ayyít - Jedi Sentinel

PoliteAssasin
01.17.2013 , 11:13 PM | #22
There's a certain new guild on Begeren Colony, pubs who always have convenient lag when they're about to die, and escape. Also sometimes when you attack certain players. I've also noticed what I assume to be teleporting? When someone is in front of me one second, then all the way over somewhere else the next.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

vimm
01.17.2013 , 11:38 PM | #23
Oh, it wasn't an opportune time to lag in PvP? Must be cheats then.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Ramtar
01.18.2013 , 12:17 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafael_Peres View Post
Noticing this at Voidstar Games, all matches against pub teams.
Seems to me that people are cheating. But how will I know?
Server PoT5.
I'm on the same server and all my matches were against Imp teams. My lag was so bad it spiked to 22k ms in a HB match tonight.

I took SS, from 7:51pm - 8:13pm, on the Republic fleet showing my lag ranging from 96 ms to 3212 ms.

fungihoujo
01.18.2013 , 06:33 AM | #25
It was a stealth buff to smash- now it causes lag too.

Hialot
01.18.2013 , 08:21 AM | #26
I think thiss is getting out of control on Pot5 a lot of pubs seem to be using this
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Ramtar
01.18.2013 , 09:57 AM | #27
[QUOTE=Hialot;5741965]I think thiss is getting out of control on Pot5 a lot of pubs seem to be using this[/QUOTE

You are correct it is out of control, and since there are more Imps on Pot5 server they have the most to lose.

I just got out of a WZ where my lag was pinging from 500 ms to 1976 ms the whole WZ and now my lag is 100 ms when I returned to the fleet.

Solarenergy
01.18.2013 , 12:44 PM | #28
I've experienced this before as well. There are specific people that when they engage me in a fight, the lag just goes berserk and my screen freezes for several seconds.
Last night I was in a Huttball match, and there was no lag, things were running pretty smoothly. But there was this guardian that was teleporting around looking like David Copperfield. I knock him into the pit area, and then suddenly I watch as he disappears and re-appears on the top most ramp. How could he have done that? 1. The distance was more than 30 meters. 2. There was no one on the top ramp that he could have jumped to .3. There was no sort of jumping animation anyways. He simply disappeared and re-appeared in another location (and a very convenient one I might add). Needless to say, he kept doing his little Houdini tricks the entire game so it was over quick.

Ybini
01.18.2013 , 01:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
I've experienced this before as well. There are specific people that when they engage me in a fight, the lag just goes berserk and my screen freezes for several seconds.
Last night I was in a Huttball match, and there was no lag, things were running pretty smoothly. But there was this guardian that was teleporting around looking like David Copperfield. I knock him into the pit area, and then suddenly I watch as he disappears and re-appears on the top most ramp. How could he have done that? 1. The distance was more than 30 meters. 2. There was no one on the top ramp that he could have jumped to .3. There was no sort of jumping animation anyways. He simply disappeared and re-appeared in another location (and a very convenient one I might add). Needless to say, he kept doing his little Houdini tricks the entire game so it was over quick.
I'm on Shadowlands too, I saw some seriously fishy stuff going on last night. I'm going to fraps all my rounds now, I have plenty of cpu and disk to do it.

funkiestj
01.18.2013 , 02:28 PM | #30
I have noticed a lot more "lag induced teleporting" in level 50 WZ recent days. I put "lag induced" in quotes because I'm usually not looking at my ping meter -- I simply notice frame rate getting jerky for a second while someone teleports away to safety.

Make of that what you will.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?