Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conveinent lag

Hialot
01.16.2013 , 11:57 AM | #1
I've seen it happening more n more all of a sudden a large amount of lag hits and the most conveinent time for the opposing team. I know it's not my computer as I have 80-100 fps on avg.

I've heard some people say "someone on their team is spamming screan shots which makes no sense on effect to anyone else but the person doing it.

Just wanted to put this out there to see if I am the only person this seems to happen to or if this is an exploit of some kind...
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Capt_Beers
01.16.2013 , 01:36 PM | #2
It's happened to me before but I usually write it off to me remembering when lag screwed me over and forgetting about it when it didn't matter. Also never mind the times when I'm fighting someone and I'm thinking they are retarded and they are probably just lagging.

If it was the same guy and it happened several times I would be suspicious.
<Super Bads> - POT5 - <WE ARE FARMERS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration

Master_Nate
01.16.2013 , 01:45 PM | #3
I always find lag to be inconvenient no matter which team I am on.

While the "thought" it being convenient has crossed my mind before, I have never singled out any particular player, guild, or faction. I don't know if it's the games servers or people doing it on their own. If it was something I mentally recorded, like every time I get close to "guy A", then maybe I'd file a ticket.

Odds are I'd just finish the game and re-q though and not give it another thought.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Hialot
01.16.2013 , 01:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
If it was the same guy and it happened several times I would be suspicious.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I STARTED THIS POST... i'll not mention names as it is forbidden but just last night a GS pub was beating on em then all of a sudden crazy lag which i never get. next thing i see is i'm behind the glass and they scored in huttball. So i said to my guildie watch him same thing happened to him and a second and third time off the same guy.

I've disreguarded lag of this kind before but lately seems very suspicious.
THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Master_Nate
01.16.2013 , 01:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hialot View Post
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I STARTED THIS POST... i'll not mention names as it is forbidden but just last night a GS pub was beating on em then all of a sudden crazy lag which i never get. next thing i see is i'm behind the glass and they scored in huttball. So i said to my guildie watch him same thing happened to him and a second and third time off the same guy.

I've disreguarded lag of this kind before but lately seems very suspicious.
As for my post, that has just been my experience and how I've handled it so far. I'm all for cracking down on these things though. I just wanted to clarify that with you, thanks.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Joesixxpack
01.16.2013 , 02:34 PM | #6
What server are you on? I had this in a POT5 HB this week:

I was running by an acid pit towards the pedestal. Ball reset, a red grabbed it, furball ensued, then:

Frozen type lag > Score > Score. 2 goals immediately back to back.

When a third happened and I was still stuck staring at the acid pit I left the match. This wasn't like the bad rubberbanding that everyone gets periodically. I saw only a few frames from start to end, and was completely frozen during the 2 scores.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Totaltrash
01.16.2013 , 02:38 PM | #7
I've seen it happening more n more all of a sudden a large amount of lag hits and the most conveinent time for the opposing team. I know it's not my computer as I have 80-100 fps on avg.

I've heard some people say "someone on their team is spamming screan shots which makes no sense on effect to anyone else but the person doing it.

Just wanted to put this out there to see if I am the only person this seems to happen to or if this is an exploit of some kind...
It's called a lag switch and it is an exploit.

Whenever it lags, check who profits from that - honest players do not benefit from lag - then report as appropriate.

Joesixxpack
01.16.2013 , 02:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
It's called a lag switch and it is an exploit.

Whenever it lags, check who profits from that - honest players do not benefit from lag - then report as appropriate.
The lazy man's source Wikipedia says: "From the opponents' perspective, the player using the device may appear to be teleporting, invisible or invincible, while the opponents suffer delayed animations and fast-forwarded game play, delivered in bursts."

^ Sounds about right.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Reaperdav
01.16.2013 , 02:59 PM | #9

I have seen this occasionally on Bastion. IDK about the screen shots thing but whenever it happens, it has NEVER been to my team or my advantage. Since the only time I see a hint of lag is on the fleet when there are 235 people and since Warzones are a separate instance, I find it hard to believe that the servers are having trouble keeping up with 16 players.

MiaRB
01.16.2013 , 03:39 PM | #10
lag can happen sometimes to everyone, no matter how good your PC or how good your internet service is.

as for lag switch and other lag type exploits, they usually stand out because it will be the same person or couple of people and everyone else can notice it.

couple examples...

in a huttball match this morning, i was coming out of respawn and saw an assasin speeding across the last fire pit on his way to score. everything looked normal to me, but someone on my team, saw the same person basically rubber band then teleport into the endzone. in this case, it was just the person on my team getting a lag spike and not because the other guy was cheating.

on the other hand, in a voidstar WZ the other day, a PT was teleporting all over the place and would apear to be laying down whenever he stopped moving. everyone on my team could see it and the only time he could be hit was if he was stunned and not moving. marking him and paying attention to him the entire match, was easy to see he was cheating because it was just happening with him and only when he was being attacked.

when you see something funky happening and its the same person and everyone on your team can see the same thing happening,,, then report it. posting it on forums does nothing.
can't wait for this game to come out!