Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NegaNatz
04.26.2013 , 06:22 AM | #441
Gentleman,
i believe the issue is more so related to the actual website and it's ability to transfer information between the server.
i just had a purchase go through. when i got the general error i merely reloaded the webpage and got to the next step of the purchase process. i hit continue and got the same error and i reloaded the page. you may not get the receipt portion to show up, but your purchase should go through, although it will be slow to show up in your ledger. i hope this helps you guys!!!

Celwinn
04.26.2013 , 08:08 AM | #442
Well, my money is going elsewhere.

I will still play the game, buy timecards, but CC I will not buy. My money will be going to Turbine for LOTRO.
Don't let the past define you

Elvaddo
04.26.2013 , 08:26 AM | #443
Quote:
This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.
Come on, Bioware! I call FOUR times! You promise me - "You can buy cartel coins tomorrow"(c)

Tomorrow WAS yesterday.

Toxxo
04.26.2013 , 08:33 AM | #444
Quote: Originally Posted by Elvaddo View Post
Come on, Bioware! I call FOUR times! You promise me - "You can buy cartel coins tomorrow"(c)

Tomorrow WAS yesterday.
EXACTLY the same issue

Splurged
04.26.2013 , 09:13 AM | #445
I am about to cancel my subscription. This is pathetic, and you know it.

I have waited weeks trying to buy the expansion, waiting 24 hours per try, and still can't get it. (And don't tell me it is because of flawed information; I have purchased many things online, and tried this with multiple credit/debit cards to no success. This is on YOUR side of the fence.)

I came from Runescape having played over 10 years, stopping when the administrators didn't give a crap and had the worst excuses over problems, and looked like they were doing get-money-quick schemes, and it looks like I am starting to see the same problem here. I am THIS close to canceling my subscriptions.

Toxxo
04.26.2013 , 10:27 AM | #446
I'm not sure how open Bioware are to suggestions, but maybe give your customer service reps the ability to remove any lock once a security check has been passed? Or even better yet, remove the silly lock completely?

Ratae
04.26.2013 , 04:39 PM | #447 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi All,

The post from Elvaddo is based on his own experiences and we cannot verify if that is why he is unable to purchase further Cartel Coins as there are many variables that need to be taken into consideration. There are transaction limits in place; this is standard with any company that processes financial transactions. The transaction limits are not black and white they vary depending for each customer and we are constantly adjusting them this is why we do not make them known as the information would not always apply to you or be accurate due to the complexity. When you call customer service, they will do some basic checks and give guidance however if you are experiencing this error every day it may be beneficial to hold off from attempting to purchase for a few days before trying again.

Were aware this is a big point of frustration for you all and can let you know its an area we are always working to improve.

Thank you.
Ratae | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Xarec
04.26.2013 , 04:47 PM | #448
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratae View Post
Hi All,

The post from Elvaddo is based on his own experiences and we cannot verify if that is why he is unable to purchase further Cartel Coins as there are many variables that need to be taken into consideration. There are transaction limits in place; this is standard with any company that processes financial transactions. The transaction limits are not black and white they vary depending for each customer and we are constantly adjusting them this is why we do not make them known as the information would not always apply to you or be accurate due to the complexity. When you call customer service, they will do some basic checks and give guidance however if you are experiencing this error every day it may be beneficial to hold off from attempting to purchase for a few days before trying again.

Were aware this is a big point of frustration for you all and can let you know its an area we are always working to improve.

Thank you.
Thanks for the reply and the attempt to keep us informed but, what are we supposed to do when the checks are unhelpful and the guidance is incorrect? I've been advised, and acted accordingly and there is still no development for me. What am I, and people in a similar position supposed to do next?

BrianDavion
04.26.2013 , 04:49 PM | #449
fact of the matter is BW's not currently taking Pre-paid credit card transactions. can BW please give us some sort of hoped for time table on when this will be resolved. I'm not talking anything concerete but even a "...... we're clueless why this isn't working" vs a "ohh yeah we've got it pinned down and should have it fixed next site maintinance" would be VERY helpful

lichmeister
04.26.2013 , 05:25 PM | #450
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

As we are still seeing confusion around the error message received when cartel coin purchases are not being processed, we have recreated the thread with all the latest information from the Cartel Coins FAQ in one place.

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?

As with any online purchase, Cartel Coin purchases may fail for a variety of reasons. If you have never successfully purchased Cartel Coins, there are a number of things to check which may be causing the error you are seeing:
  1. Check that your billing address registered on www.swtor.com exactly matches the address your payment provider has on record for you
  2. You must be making the purchase from the same country your payment card was issued from for example if you are using a US Credit Card to buy coins from Europe, your payment may fail for this reason.
  3. Double-check the card information you have provided to be sure that there are no missing or transposed numbers in your card number, CVV number or expiration date.

If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed.

For those of you still experiencing issues after going through the steps above please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service by telephone:

Spoiler
Thank you.
Also having issues buying coins and resubscribing.

Earlier last month i resubbed and added about 60 dollars or so in coins to my account via credit card. When I had 1 day left to add game-time, i went to add more time and coins and received the error message. Called customer support after reading the FAQ and double and triple checking the data. after about 30 minutes on hold (long distance from Canada, i might add) i spoke with a CSR who ran me through a bunch of the steps outlined in the FAQ. Even though i had already tried it all, i humoured him. Then he said there was nothing he could do and if i wanted to resolve the issue i would have to call a european number between 1am and 4pm Mountain time (that is midnight - 3pm west coast) !! What the heck is that? I mean, i have to actually work in the morning and don't get home until around 6pm! So i have to stay up well into the night and go to work half asleep or leave work early to contact the support team for a game i play on north american servers FROM North America?!

The funny thing is last month i used a disposable Visa CC i picked up at a 7-11. I came home and used it without registering an address or name or anything... poof credit goes through and i had game time and coins to play with! Suddenly 1 month later the next card from the same company purchased at the same 7-11 doesn't go through? frustrating but i figured: hey, if bioware doesnt want my money i'm not gonna bend over backwards to give it to them!

The next night (i know my sub expires at some point today) I am just about to pull Revan for a Flashpoint group i was leading when BAM! kicked to desktop with zero warning and i cant even log in again to apologize to my group for the disappearing act

This is when i get on the phone for the above mentioned runaround since i suddenly lost my priveledges to the normal avenues of tech support every other mmo in the business would be happy to provide (considering the issue is: help! i want to give you my money!). Losing sleep before work or skipping work wasn't an option so the next day i try it all again (it was a lot like slamming myself into a wall repeatedly to confirm it is still solid!) with no luck. I take my card info and give it to SOE and they happily bill me for 1 month of eq2. Turbine also easily accepts payment for 1 month of lotro and some turbine point in DDO. I am a apparently an idiot, however, with a taste for lightsabers so i go to the origin store who gladly milks my credit card for a 60 day non-recurring game code. And yet somehow the problem is on ALL OF OUR ENDS? As my parents used to say when i was slacking as a child: GET YOUR POOP IN A GROUP! I really enjoy your game despite a relatively large laundry list of flaws, but i have other gaming options that are equally as fun! if you are so determined to not take my money i will not be extending any further effort to make you take it!

Judging by the number of posts in this thread (i couldnt bring myself to do more than skim them, hoping for a clear solution instead of copypasta from the FAQ) and responses from CSRs repeating the same old crap (which has been fruitless) you will be hemorraging alot of potential customers in the coming months!

To everyone else who is having the same or similar frustrations i have some simple advice:
  • If this is your 1st MMO, realize that while (like sex) your 1st will always be special, there are many other fish in the sea and they all have qualities that will make you love them! Go fishing!
  • If this isn't your 1st mmo, recall how much fun you had in WoW or LotRO or Everquest or Eve or Insert game here! Think of all the guildmates that you left behind that, at least once in a while, say "Hey, what happened to What's-His-Pickle?... Anyone seen him lately?" They miss you and you miss them and there's probably some cool new content you havent mastered yet!

I am going to try one last time right now to buy some coins and if it fails again, Turbine will be getting my entertainment bucks until something new comes along that strikes a nerve like wielding lightsabers had done!... wish me luck, BW, or this is goodbye to another player who only goes the P2P route with lotsa money tossed into the store for good measure!

An error occurred while processing your request. If you canceled your purchase at the third party payment website, this error is expected. Code: NU2099