Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dearam
04.02.2013 , 12:29 PM | #401
Yeee bought coins once 3 days ago and since then i am unable to buy more.

I read that unsubscribing and resubscribing could solve it so i unsubscribed and was unable to resubscribe cause apparently VISA is unacceptable all of a sudden.

I am mighty tired of this. It is your game and i tried calling your support line and suddenly the phone call just dropped. so i wasted alot of money calling to a foreign country.

Then i proceeded to submit an in-game ticket which was apparently immediately closed without any reply whatsoever it took you 20 minutes to close my ticket.

This service is a disgrace. The fact that i am unable to spend money and i have to spend money on calls in order to spend more money is just a surefire way to lose your playerbase slowly and steadily.

Fix this issue. i see threads dating back to last year about this. it is completely atrocious that any self respecting company should keep this up for so long.

-Xzal-
04.06.2013 , 10:40 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by McLemore View Post
For the love of Sith this isn't why this is happening. 2000 customer posts and you just close the thread and throw it under the rug. 2000 complaints and you just close the thread a throw up the same cut and past response. Bravo. Just Bravo. The problem is on Your end not customers this time and you know it.

Because they dont give 2 ***** about their paying customers.
DEATH AND TAXES

Draak
04.07.2013 , 02:59 AM | #403
I haven't been able to buy coins since 19 March..

I've spent 6+ hours on the phone to them.. sent copy of ID etc...

Nothing has changed...

I've since lost interest in spending my money on Cartel coins, especially since I found out they are shutting down the Asia Pacific servers and moving me to a US server... not overly interested in it much.. even log on less and less :\

IronjawSam
04.07.2013 , 06:28 PM | #404
I'm talking to a friend of mine to see if we can form a class action suit against them for the customer service dilemma. I will post for you all if he says it can be done.
Sambucca LVL 50 Sith Marauder, Maccloud LVL 50 Sniper, Deezel LVL 50 Powertech, Arieola LVL 50 sorcerer, Sammbucca LVL 50 Commando(Pub side)

iliajoe
04.08.2013 , 04:17 AM | #405
And EA wonders why it has been chosen the worst company of the year. I just wanted to take a look at SW:ToR, but I will stop subscription simply because the money would go to EA. It's a great game presented by the worst company of the year, I really feel sorry Bioware to have EA as their boss...

If I consider my past experience in similar situations, namely Blizzard or Steam, I wonder how EA is still alive in the US customer favor system...

thirtywinter
04.08.2013 , 05:06 PM | #406
I've had this problem myself for the last week or so. After first giving up on calling the Bioware Customer Support I decided to try to get help via Origin/EA. After being chat transferred to the appropriate group they told me that my account is in good order and the problem is not on their side before informing me that the only way to resolve this is to contact Bioware via the phone. I dialed, but after the chipper British voice said estimated waiting time of 45 minutes I immediately hung up.

Then I remembered reading that you can purchase Cartel coins from Best Buy or Gamestop. I went to two different Best Buys and they both had no idea what I was talking about. Then at Gamestop I was indeed able to purchase 2400 cartel coins for 19.99 with the code on the receipt.

I had to install the Gamestop app to get the actual SWTOR code but after that was done I simply entered the code that the Gamestop app gave me and it worked fine. And as a silver lining I guess I got another pet to run around with in SWTOR.

So anyhoo... long story short, if you don't feel like spending insane amounts of time on the phone go to Gamestop and buy it there.

Not perfect by any means, but it got me what I wanted in the end.

In other news, shame on you Bioware for this debacle.

Zaltais_Xaal
04.09.2013 , 05:50 AM | #407
I don't understand how they won't sort this out. I will not ring the customer careline again, as it racked up a 70 pound phone bill on top of my normal payment for just a 20min phone call where I spoke to someone for 2minutes. So no I won't ring up again okay.

Don't tell me too, and I'm not sending my id in the post for it to get lost to prove who I am. You don't want my money, I'll just keep it. Thanks.

Smakfulltaco
04.09.2013 , 05:29 PM | #408
Maybe its something thats to hard to fix so they make us call them so they earn money from the calls instead

Zaltais_Xaal
04.09.2013 , 07:38 PM | #409
It can't be too hard, as other mmo's have it all squared away like LOTRO or STO. They don't care how much you spend, and have no limit.
Sending in ID opens you up to ID theft, if it gets lost in the post. Ringing up costs quite a lot on my phone bill, so to be honest I think I may just quit.

rakaat
04.11.2013 , 10:27 PM | #410
I have this issue tonight. I know for a fact I haven't went over any limit. I checked my statement online a bit ago. I've only made 2 SWTOR purchases in 30 days. The purchases were made two weeks apart.