Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lyshar
03.09.2013 , 05:20 AM | #331
What is stupid is that BW/EA know that more than 1 purchace per day locks up accounts, yet they atill sell cash shop packs for over 5500 CC, the max you can get in a single purchase. THEY MUST WANT PEOPLE TO LOCK OUT AND CALL. Especially since they still don't warn people before they purchase coins, if people were more aware of the bug it'd happen less.

Not buying those 24x packs anyway, I think gamble packs are not worth it to buy coins for. Account wide unlocks are much better, and if there were legacy items in those packs I'd be more inclined to buy some more often.

But surely I don't plan on calling them for anything, especially since calling is no longer free for anyone. And there's no reason why these issues can't be fixed when people send in a TICKET, no, all the tickets send in for payment issues of any kind get you told to call them (why do they even allow people to send tickets in under that section?).

Funny how they make the vendors say "A happy customer is a spending customer", they can't even work on that themselves. People may be happy enough to spend, but then they can't spend and become unhappy because they can't buy what they want, making them not want to spend anything. - I know the people that make the vendors say that are not the same as are in charge of letting people pay, maybe they should be though as they at least know what's more important.

Customer relations need to be worked on, get your act together or the game will eventually die! Not a threat, it's logic thinking, you'll get less and less money, eventually there will have to be so much free to play added that it doesn't pay to subscribe, as all that will eventually be added are cartel packs and more recoloured outfits while content will be deemed too expensive.

IngeDanielsen
03.10.2013 , 03:17 PM | #332
Yeah, Cartel Market is still working, nice. Hope they will fix this for all of you as well.
I'm a happy player.

ekwalizer
03.12.2013 , 08:43 PM | #333
Quote: Originally Posted by Naugor View Post
Greetings everyone,

As we are still seeing confusion around the error message received when cartel coin purchases are not being processed, we have recreated the thread with all the latest information from the Cartel Coins FAQ in one place.

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?
As with any online purchase, Cartel Coin purchases may fail for a variety of reasons. If you have never successfully purchased Cartel Coins, there are a number of things to check which may be causing the error you are seeing:
  1. Check that your billing address registered on www.swtor.com exactly matches the address your payment provider has on record for you This has been checked, double checked and checked again. My credentials are correct.
  2. You must be making the purchase from the same country your payment card was issued from – for example if you are using a US Credit Card to buy coins from Europe, your payment may fail for this reason. This is a non-issue for me.
  3. Double-check the card information you have provided to be sure that there are no missing or transposed numbers in your card number, CVV number or expiration date. This has been checked, double checked and checked again. My credentials are correct.

If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours. I have successfully purchased before, a lot. I have been locked out since o/a 22 Feb 13.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed. Not applicable to my "payment provider."

For those of you still experiencing issues after going through the steps above please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service by telephone: I have, in the past contacted your "customer service" by telephone. They are absolutely horrible at best, and worthless on the other end of that spectrum. I have waited on hold for over 90 minutes just to finally speak to a human being; only to be transferred 5 minutes later with an additional 2 hour hold. The next level of support was no better either. Upon being elevated further up the ladder my call was disconnected. Only to have to begin the entire process over at the very bottom wrung of the ladder of incompetency. So please, understand my unwillingness to contact your customer service.

Spoiler
Thank you.
Please understand, based on the sheer volume of complaints ... this problem is originating in YOUR payment processing software. On a daily basis I use the payment method that your Cartel Market declines for every day purchases. That same payment method is also the payment method used for my recurring monthly subscription ... with no issues.

Own up to it. Admit there is a major problem on YOUR end and then FIX it.

I anxiously await your reply thanking me for my understanding. I do understand that you are the messenger - so please convey this message to your superiors. We simply cannot understand how your company can have a payment processing error of this magnitude and you allow it to go unresolved for this duration of time.

So, as expected I called the CS number this morning. Placed on hold for approximately 10 minutes to get to my first human. Verified my ID via security questions. Took the time to explain the situation and inform him the problem is on your end, not mine. He stated that at his level NB2001 errors could not be processed and that he was going to transfer me to the appropriate department.

On hold 70 minutes.

Next human, verified all the original human verified, asked for a picture ID. I explained to her how ridiculous that was as NO ONE else demands photo ID for credit card transactions. Asked to speak with her supervisor. She dodged that demand 8 times. She also informed me that NB2001 errors are processed by a specialty team, that she was not a member of. Which raises the question, why was I directed to her in the first place?

Finally, she processed the transaction I wanted her to make. She also initiated an email to me that I could reply to with a copy of my ID .... ridiculous. Since BW/EA wasted 2 hours of my time, and 120 of my monthly cellular minutes, she did comp me some extra CM coins.

A few items I'd like addressed.
1.) Since you clearly know that NB2001 is an issue and how to resolve it, please stop wasting our time and have the phone system allow for automated entry directly to that specialty team. We should not have to speak to no less than 2 different people just to be told that neither can help us.
2.) If we verify our names, security questions etc, and everything matches the payment method on record ... why the need for photo ID.
3.) It is clearly evident that you know about NB2001, what causes it and what corrects it. So why is there no thread dedicated specifically to this error message?

Kuajiri
03.13.2013 , 02:51 AM | #334
ok so my card works on this site to pre order the expac but not for coins so explain that one to me.
Quote:
Darth Sion "As long as the dark side flows through the cracks of my flesh, I cannot be killed."

MidichIorian
03.13.2013 , 07:49 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
That's not even true. It's 3 purchases, I have confirmed it on three different occassions.

The error I'm getting now, the same error, is caused by something els though because I wasnt locked out a week ago when I made my last purchase (2 purchases). When they made the last update to the cash shop they also managed to lock accounts (again) for one or another reason.
Referral Link (grants you free stuff)
SkittLEs
TOFN/TRE

Draak
03.15.2013 , 05:49 AM | #337
I am also having the same issue.

Youve experienced error code NU2001.

i was able to buy credits 4 days ago.. several.. today i bought one lot.. about an hour later went to buy a second lot and got this error... now im getting it every time...

:|

I tried using BPay.. it returns an error (just a generic one saying an error occured).. tried to add another card, says it cant save the new card.

failsystem.

probably doing me a favour though.. so not raged.. just annoying.

Digiart
03.15.2013 , 07:20 AM | #338
Has BW/EA even admitted they have found THEIR problem or fixed it....and why do they make us jump through hoops?

Like I said in other posts, BW CS should take a page out of Disney which now owns Star Wars and learn how to treat their paying Guests.

EldorElendor
03.15.2013 , 10:11 AM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Thatīs not true for me. I called customer service (Error Code NU2001), they told me I had to call the BANK and tell them "Hi I play an online game and Iīd like to buy things in game with my credit card. Unlock it please". So I called my bank and they said "what, thatīs not true. Itīs their job". So now Iīm wondering. SWTOR customer service... Do you really know what to do here? Is it because of the daily lock, is it because of something else, or do you really not know?

JalsheyII
03.15.2013 , 10:12 AM | #340
how long do we have to wait after our account becomes "blocked"?