Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rebeldielan
02.19.2013 , 06:49 PM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by IngeDanielsen View Post
I have read this thread over again and what I see is that you excuse yourselves and ask the customer to call customer service. What I miss is what you intend to do with this problem, or what you will do to resolve this. Calling customer service is in no way a solution for anyone who is experiencing this. Will you update us with information about how to resolve this?
Asked information through a mail, 2 days now I think have passed.... No answer at all!

Methredhel
02.20.2013 , 02:41 AM | #282
Hello over there,

in Germany we have the same problems as you have. Transactions via Paypal oder creditcard are not working for a lot of people. We don't get the problems solved, too. Always just the hint to call customer support, but the customer support doesn't help either and normaly doesn't even answer your call^^

Very frustrating, I hope they get it solved soon.

As alternative I used a direct money transfer method that's also supported by BW so I can at least buy some cartel coins, but of course: it's not my preferred paying method

ZaegaZ
02.20.2013 , 04:49 AM | #283
And still cant buy cartel coins! Hello BioWare wake up!!!!!!!!!!!

ZaegaZ
02.20.2013 , 04:51 AM | #284
This is gettng really silly, make a produkt you cant buy!

IngeDanielsen
02.20.2013 , 02:29 PM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by Methredhel View Post
Hello over there,

in Germany we have the same problems as you have. Transactions via Paypal oder creditcard are not working for a lot of people. We don't get the problems solved, too. Always just the hint to call customer support, but the customer support doesn't help either and normaly doesn't even answer your call^^

Very frustrating, I hope they get it solved soon.

As alternative I used a direct money transfer method that's also supported by BW so I can at least buy some cartel coins, but of course: it's not my preferred paying method
Hi, would you be kind enough to share how you've done it. The account number you pay to, swift code, IBAN and currency. Please, send information to me via PM, thanks.

Methredhel
02.20.2013 , 05:09 PM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by IngeDanielsen View Post
Hi, would you be kind enough to share how you've done it. The account number you pay to, swift code, IBAN and currency. Please, send information to me via PM, thanks.
The method I used is called "Sofortüberweisung" in germany and it's just one of the different paying methods that Bioware offers to buy cartel coins.

IngeDanielsen
02.21.2013 , 12:02 PM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by Methredhel View Post
The method I used is called "Sofortüberweisung" in germany and it's just one of the different paying methods that Bioware offers to buy cartel coins.
Thanks for the reply. I don't understand what they are doing, they come with game updates but to fix the payment module can’t they do. What does it help if they come with something new if no one can purchase this via cartel market?

izingami
02.21.2013 , 06:59 PM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
It's not BioWare's fault really, this is all EA. Things started going downhill for BW the moment EA took over. The NU2001 was there long before SWTOR, if I understand correctly from the old thread it might have been created by EA back in 2001 or so. And EA has done nothing trying to fix it or at least gave up trying ages ago, they just added the problem onto BW's plate, who just aren't in any position to fix the mess as it's EA's coding.

That said it's important to know a few things.
  • Buying too often in a short period of time is supposed to give a 24 hour lockout.
  • The lockout ISN'T a mere 24 hours, it's until you call them and are lucky enough to get it fixed.
  • If you buy too much in a short time it's not just the card that's blocked, it's the account. Every other card you attempt it with that you then try to use on a different account may lock that account as well.
  • People deserve a clear warning of this before they buy coins, that is the least BW could do. PUT IT ON THE PAGE WHERE PEOPLE BUY, IN BIG BOLD LETTERS AND/OR GIVE A MASSIVE POP-UP YOU HAVE TO AGREE TO FIRST. That may reduce dissatisfied customers because we all know EA will never ever fix their messes, and it may reduce the burden on phone support, meaning waiting times may be shorter in the future.
  • That said, to everyone that reads this I suggest buying at most one time per day to avoid issues (don't know if that helps though).

Personally I only bought once so far (and used it to get full inventory and banks account wide, that may not be possible with just one pack for much longer), which was only possible after the preorder came for me. Most items in the cartel market are an insult, and not buying coins for virtual gambling.

If they actually add things that I don't see as a waste of coins I may actually buy more often, but with a mess like this I'll be sceptical forever, how do I know it's really about daily purchases? For all I know it may lock on the second purchase already, obviously customer support is kept in the dark as well (either that or they are told to lie, I prefer to think EA refuses to tell them everything).

well if thats the case how the **** do i fix it when im in australia i cant call the american ea it dosnt go through so it means that buying to many in a short amount of time in a country that dosnt have a call number means u no longer buy cartel coin well get ****ed ea u droped the ball big time with this one

izingami
02.21.2013 , 07:19 PM | #289
for those of u willing to take the time and im better u are u can simply make a secound account by cartel coins buy what u want from the market wait the 2 day and trade them to your main account

IngeDanielsen
02.22.2013 , 02:28 PM | #290
You guys need to stop doing this on their terms. You guys are their customers you have more power than you realize. Stop shopping CC and you will see that the outcome changes. It goes for me as well.