Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lordmazley
02.03.2013 , 07:48 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Washingtoon View Post
What are the f2p, or preferred, mail restrictions in the game? Can I create a f2p account, buy cartel stuff on that, which would make the account preferred, and then send the stuff to my main? Would that work or does prefererred have some weird restrictions too, such as only being able to send one item at a time, not being allowed to handle purple items etc?
Has anyone tried this?

To BW: In the event that f2p/preferred accounts have resrtictions that prevents us from using this method as a "workaround"; Would this be something you could consider lifting until the problems on your end have been solved? You would give your customers a way of taking advantage of the cartel shop and you would make more money in the process. Everyone wins.
you prolly won't get a response to be honest. They'll just say call

Flamefigure
02.04.2013 , 07:47 AM | #222
If you check the free to play restrictions a preferred account can send ingame items but not credits so it should work I guess.

Not 100% sure though.

Flamefigure
02.04.2013 , 08:27 AM | #223
Ok I tried with making a free account with different email and all that and add cartel coins and got the NU2001 errorcode directly.

Amadahy
02.04.2013 , 10:33 AM | #224
This is my last post until I actually have good news. Since I plan to call for a third time in a few minutes.

I thought this was important, though. And may help swtor/EA/Bio/Whoever with fixing this NU2001 headache.

I was looking over my failed attempts to buy cartel coins and noticed something. On my last transaction, that actually went through, the time stamp was approriate for my time zone (EST, USA). However, beginning with the first failed transaction the time stamps jump five hours ahead (London, UK).

Additionally, the time stamps vary in minutes. For example, one of my fails is listed at 10:38, the following fail, done a few minutes later, is listed at 10:18.

It seems to me that our transactions are attempting to charge outside of our countries. Unless, this is just happening to me, but I suggest you guys check your fails as well. If this is actually the case then it truly is not the fault of our banks. Rather it is a serious problem with swtor's purchasing system. Which is a HUGE concern for me and swtor's ability to protect personal information on their website. If my card is attempting to charge overseas, via YOUR system, who is to say my information is actually safe? It may be time for me to switch to the game cards.
The Alcaeus Legacy
Heirah ~ Jedi Knight
Nasirah ~ Sith Warrior Sopheina ~ Sith Sorc Melena ~ Sniper
Sienah ~ Scoundrel

Commander
02.04.2013 , 01:20 PM | #225
Seriously, when will they fix their payment system? Subscription does not work at all... I had to buy from EA store to get subscribed. Besides, I cannot buy any more Cartel credits anymore, it only allowed me once.

Lannithora
02.04.2013 , 04:08 PM | #226
So I tried to buy cartel Points yesterday and my credit card payment didn't work but my PayPal payment works now...

It's something I guess...

Amadahy
02.04.2013 , 04:45 PM | #227
When I spoke to CS earlier he specifically said, this NU2001 is on their end and NOT our end. I was informed that they had a team looking into the issue but he wasn't sure when it would be resolved.

I was asked to send a form of ID to verify that it was ME using my Star Wars account. Liam, my CS guy, was cool enough to go through step by step with me on what to do. What kind of ID I could send and so on. What happens when IDs are sent to them and so on. Needless to say, I did send an ID that only contained information I already provide in my contact information on site. And, of course, a photo. Hopefully, in a couple of days my account will be fixed. Thanks to Liam for being the first person in almost a week to actually help me!

By the way, he was able to look at my account and KNEW the issue was not with my bank. I suggest others, if you call, have CS do this if they try to blame you.

Something else he said, and I hope it finally gets worked out with retailers, is Cartel Coin cards are hopefully going to be available in retail stores soon. It was something they wanted to do at F2P launch, but couldn't get the details worked out in time. I seriously hope they do this because, to avoid further headaches, this will be the route I go.
The Alcaeus Legacy
Heirah ~ Jedi Knight
Nasirah ~ Sith Warrior Sopheina ~ Sith Sorc Melena ~ Sniper
Sienah ~ Scoundrel

MazakMatsura
02.04.2013 , 05:02 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Amadahy View Post
When I spoke to CS earlier he specifically said, this NU2001 is on their end and NOT our end. I was informed that they had a team looking into the issue but he wasn't sure when it would be resolved.

I was asked to send a form of ID to verify that it was ME using my Star Wars account. Liam, my CS guy, was cool enough to go through step by step with me on what to do. What kind of ID I could send and so on. What happens when IDs are sent to them and so on. Needless to say, I did send an ID that only contained information I already provide in my contact information on site. And, of course, a photo. Hopefully, in a couple of days my account will be fixed. Thanks to Liam for being the first person in almost a week to actually help me!

By the way, he was able to look at my account and KNEW the issue was not with my bank. I suggest others, if you call, have CS do this if they try to blame you.

Something else he said, and I hope it finally gets worked out with retailers, is Cartel Coin cards are hopefully going to be available in retail stores soon. It was something they wanted to do at F2P launch, but couldn't get the details worked out in time. I seriously hope they do this because, to avoid further headaches, this will be the route I go.
Why won't the devs OFFICIALLY update the playerbase? If CS is telling you "Hey, it's us, not you." Why, why, why, why, does everyone have to keep jumping through hoops? Why won't the Dev's update the website? Or limit CC purchases IN GAME/on the website to 3 per day (I was told myself that there's a 3 charge limit before you get the NU2001)

Why not put a system in place to prevent us from reaching the lockout parameters in the first place? No Idea what happened for 3 months I personally could not buy coins, however, like magic, I am able to do so again.
(╯)╯︵ ︵ ︵
The Ebon Hawk
Love Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Danilena
02.04.2013 , 06:22 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Galacticlore View Post

I wonder if the game will even be able to stay running as f2p, when you won't even collect money from hundreds of customers, possibly thousands, who WANT to give it to you!!!! I've never heard of such an insane business plan!
I don't think I could have said it better myself...

platinumruggo
02.05.2013 , 03:58 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Amadahy View Post
This is my last post until I actually have good news. Since I plan to call for a third time in a few minutes.

I thought this was important, though. And may help swtor/EA/Bio/Whoever with fixing this NU2001 headache.

I was looking over my failed attempts to buy cartel coins and noticed something. On my last transaction, that actually went through, the time stamp was approriate for my time zone (EST, USA). However, beginning with the first failed transaction the time stamps jump five hours ahead (London, UK).

Additionally, the time stamps vary in minutes. For example, one of my fails is listed at 10:38, the following fail, done a few minutes later, is listed at 10:18.

It seems to me that our transactions are attempting to charge outside of our countries. Unless, this is just happening to me, but I suggest you guys check your fails as well. If this is actually the case then it truly is not the fault of our banks. Rather it is a serious problem with swtor's purchasing system. Which is a HUGE concern for me and swtor's ability to protect personal information on their website. If my card is attempting to charge overseas, via YOUR system, who is to say my information is actually safe? It may be time for me to switch to the game cards.
Worth looking into, I just tried to make a purchase, right now it is 4:58AM. Checked my fails and it said it attempted it at 10:05AM..... What the **** BW?